Author Topic: Leftist 'Journalists' Float the Idea That Criticizing Joe Biden Is a Danger to Democracy  (Read 692 times)

rangerrebew

Leftist 'Journalists' Float the Idea That Criticizing Joe Biden Is a Danger to Democracy

Shamelessly anointing oneself an opinion-shaper and behaving accordingly.
Fri Dec 17, 2021 Robert Spencer

The Leftist political and media elites are desperately afraid of Donald Trump, even more than they were when they relentlessly defamed him and tried to run him out of office with a hoax collusion conspiracy and a tempest in a teapot over a routine phone call. A Trump return to the White House on January 20, 2025, would represent a massive repudiation of those who have arrogated to themselves the authority to tell us what to think, and those self-appointed intellectual and moral superiors are doing everything they can think of to try to preserve their crumbling hegemony. The New Republic, one of the flagship publications of the Left before it became completely authoritarian and irrational, on Saturday joined Dana Milbank of the Washington Post in offering one of the most absurd and dangerous recommendations for how to stop Trump and his supporters: stop criticizing Joe Biden.

Yes, that’s right: The New Republic is mulling over destroying our free society in order to save it. concerns mount over the future of free and fair elections, a debate has broken out about whether the media must protect Biden to save the republic. Jason Linkins, a deputy editor at The New Republic, begins his piece by saying: “This week, President Joe Biden hopped onto Zoom in an effort to shepherd the world along the path to stronger global democracy, during a two-day summit with other world leaders. He’ll be making his case, however, amid growing concerns about democracy here at home.”

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2021/12/leftist-journalists-float-idea-criticizing-joe-robert-spencer/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Joe Biden has been ill-served by those that surround him.  They misread the room.  America does not want to go full moonbat.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Since when is resisting a wannabe dictator "dangerous to democracy"?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

To which I say:  f**k Joe Biden!!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Since when is resisting a wannabe dictator "dangerous to democracy"?

And who wants a damned Democracy in the first place?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online andy58-in-nh

And who wants a damned Democracy in the first place?

Nobody who gives a damn about freedom.

The Mediots and the other scum-sucking bottom feeders who inhabit our political power centers continue to pretend that the USA is a "democracy" when it has never been one, and was never intended to be.

I need not remind anyone who actually paid attention in grade school that we are a constitutional republic whose institutions largely, but not exclusively employ democratic participatory rules and decision-making processes. That means that every one has a vote, but not for just any public purpose. Fleeting numerical majorities are no basis for a rational system of government, and voters have no rights to alter or amend basic human rights.   

I fully expect cerebrally-challenged morons like AOC to not understand the basis of our system of government and to fail to respect its limits.

The fact that widely-read members of the mainstream media no longer seem to comprehend or care is far more troubling.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Nobody who gives a damn about freedom.

The Mediots and the other scum-sucking bottom feeders who inhabit our political power centers continue to pretend that the USA is a "democracy" when it has never been one, and was never intended to be.

I need not remind anyone who actually paid attention in grade school that we are a constitutional republic whose institutions largely, but not exclusively employ democratic participatory rules and decision-making processes. That means that every one has a vote, but not for just any public purpose. Fleeting numerical majorities are no basis for a rational system of government, and voters have no rights to alter or amend basic human rights.   

I fully expect cerebrally-challenged morons like AOC to not understand the basis of our system of government and to fail to respect its limits.

The fact that widely-read members of the mainstream media no longer seem to comprehend or care is far more troubling.

Until you remember that Leon Trotsky once said, "Communism needs democracy like the human body needs oxygen." Then it all comes into focus.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online andy58-in-nh

Until you remember that Leon Trotsky once said, "Communism needs democracy like the human body needs oxygen." Then it all comes into focus.

I understand that. Democracy as a form of government is, and has always been a precursor to authoritarianism.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I understand that. Democracy as a form of government is, and has always been a precursor to authoritarianism.

:yowsa:  pointing-up

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So, Biden is infallible, like the Pope?

Will blasphemous Reporters be burned at the stake?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It's past time these Leftist 'Journalists' assume room temperature, far as I'm concerned.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Anyone else find it funny that when these same people were criticizing Trump 24/7.........and still are, that there was absolutely no danger involved with that, but criticize the lefts sacred cow...

Offline rustynail

Watch: Pelosi Startled, Abruptly Leaves Podium At Press Event After "Let's Go Brandon" Chant

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/watch-pelosi-startled-abruptly-leaves-podium-press-event-after-lets-go-brandon-chant

Offline LMAO

This is all signs of a failing ideology and they know the public can see it

Watch for them to call for cancelling the 2022 midterms. For democracy, of course
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Watch for them to call for cancelling the 2022 midterms. For democracy, of course

They'll just call for cancelling in-person voting.    :smokin:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

As long as China and the EU are in charge of counting the votes like last time, it is a guaranteed win for Democrats no matter what.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline mountaineer

They'll just call for cancelling in-person voting.    :smokin:
Thus, the need for Omicron shutdowns. They have to last through November 2022.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Thus, the need for Omicron shutdowns. They have to last through November 2022.

Actually, they just have to last long enough for mail-in and other fraud-vulnerable voting systems to be set up administratively, at which point it's a done deal, whether or not there is still a covid "emergency" on election day.