Author Topic: With 3G cellular going away in 2022, it’s buyer beware with older devices  (Read 130 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
With 3G cellular going away in 2022, it’s buyer beware with older devices

Before you buy a used cellphone for a loved one this holiday season, you need to know why many are about to become obsolete and useless.

Providers like AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and others will finalize the shutting down of their 3G networks in early 2022. So you’ll need to upgrade to a phone with at least 4G if you still want access or to even call 911.

Shutting down the network will allow for more 5G expansion.

AT&T’s website states, “When we shut down the 3G network, there won’t be data or voice service for devices that don’t have at least have 4G capabilities. This means that while some device features might still work, you won’t be able to access our network unless you upgrade to a newer device.”

The shutting down of the network may also impact other internet-connected devices such as older-model cars, medical devices, home security systems, and more..............

https://www.winknews.com/2021/12/06/with-3g-cellular-going-away-in-2022-its-buyer-beware-with-older-devices/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Who's gunna buy a used phone that old? All I ever get are used phones and the last one I picked up a couple of years ago was already 5G capable.