Author Topic: Marjorie Taylor Greene introduces bill to award Congressional Gold Medal to Rittenhouse  (Read 749 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Wise words @Smokin Joe, but I question whether it's virtually impossible to assess information and to draw verifiable conclusions.  Frequently difficult, and yes we are all susceptible to confirmation bias, but I don't think virtually impossible.

That's why I've taken the negative position here on MTG.  She has suggested that no plane crashed into the Pentagon on 9/11, that the Parkland and Sandy Hook school shootings were committed by US Government agents to build the case for gun control, and that wildfires in CA were caused by lasers beamed to earth from orbiting craft.  It is not difficult to conclude that these are lunatic assertions.  I will not be surprised if we learn next that she was once abducted by aliens.

I join other Briefers in wanting to see milquetoast, go-along-to-get-along Rs replaced by uncompromising conservatives, and if outspoken conservatives in office cause those unreliables to toe the line, that's a good thing.  But if our plumbline standard of principled consistency is someone who propagates nonsense conspiracy theories and advocates ridiculous ideas, and we justify this lunacy by pointing to its mirror image in AOC, then the problem isn't unreliable Rs or even the Ds - the problem is us, for switching off our own common sense and falling headlong into that confirmation bias.  "We can be just as stupid and outrageous as the Ds" is not a winning campaign slogan.
I have heard all the comments about "jewish space lasers" and other stuff, and am left wondering just how much of all that is typical press, distorting sarcasm or taking comments out of context.

I cannot forget that Katie Couric's crew edited all the lucid moments out of an interview with Sarah Palin (whatever you think of Sarah Palin) to make her look bad and have little doubt the practice continues.

Is it possible to start a wildfire with a laser? Certainly. From space? Most likely, if the targeting systems are precise enough and the laser powerful enough. However I know of no religious lasers anywhere, including Earth orbit or LeGrange points. More likely, of the various things blamed, careless use of fire, electrical problems, lightning, and arson (however conducted) remain the biggest suspects.

There have been a lot of questions raised over the years about 'crisis actors" and mass casualty disaster drills held close to or nearly in conjunction with mass casualty events, and frankly, not being there any more than some of the people trotted out to comment, I can't say what happened. I must note that when the dems start sputtering more than usual about guns, it is time to keep your family close, because it seems some event goes down just in time to support the narrative. As far as we know, people died and were buried, but exactly what happened, nope.

What we don't have is the access to information that we KNOW isn't biased, and that bias is easiest to invent with claims that someone said something on social media and in the broadcast media, where the lie will circumnavigate the globe three or four times before the truth is out the door. So let me rephrase that, and say "reliable, verifiable information".  Often, I avoid the preponderance of evidence and go looking for something beyond a reasonable doubt.

Recall Trump mentioning antiseptics in the speech with Hydroxychloroquine, and "sunlight", which the media distorted into drinking chlorox.   A bit of digging, however disclosed both inhaled nebulized Hydrogen Peroxide (low concentration) for killing viruses and bacteria in the lungs, and the use of UV wavelengths piped into the bloodstream to irradiate a small fraction of the individual's blood supply, after which their body would build antibodies to the killed pathogens. It was a subject of research before antibiotics became widely available and common, and showed some promise.

SO there is often more to what is batted about in media than that initial crust of narrative thrown to the people, and there may well be levels of understanding completely glazed over in the superficial treatment of any person so quoted by a hostile or ignorant media. Keep in mind that not only the Democrats, who MTG baits mercilessly (esp. the "Squad") are hostile to her presence, but much of the GOP contingent there as well. It is somewhat reminiscent of the relationship POTUS 45 had with the Congress, and I have little doubt that many of her "colleagues" would just as soon see her shoved off to the side because she often brings up uncomfortable truths, to their chagrin.

Anyhow, her future in the Congress is at the behest of the voters in her district, not me.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

I have heard all the comments about "jewish space lasers" and other stuff, and am left wondering just how much of all that is typical press, distorting sarcasm or taking comments out of context.

I cannot forget that Katie Couric's crew edited all the lucid moments out of an interview with Sarah Palin (whatever you think of Sarah Palin) to make her look bad and have little doubt the practice continues.

Is it possible to start a wildfire with a laser? Certainly. From space? Most likely, if the targeting systems are precise enough and the laser powerful enough. However I know of no religious lasers anywhere, including Earth orbit or LeGrange points. More likely, of the various things blamed, careless use of fire, electrical problems, lightning, and arson (however conducted) remain the biggest suspects.

There have been a lot of questions raised over the years about 'crisis actors" and mass casualty disaster drills held close to or nearly in conjunction with mass casualty events, and frankly, not being there any more than some of the people trotted out to comment, I can't say what happened. I must note that when the dems start sputtering more than usual about guns, it is time to keep your family close, because it seems some event goes down just in time to support the narrative. As far as we know, people died and were buried, but exactly what happened, nope.

What we don't have is the access to information that we KNOW isn't biased, and that bias is easiest to invent with claims that someone said something on social media and in the broadcast media, where the lie will circumnavigate the globe three or four times before the truth is out the door. So let me rephrase that, and say "reliable, verifiable information".  Often, I avoid the preponderance of evidence and go looking for something beyond a reasonable doubt.

Recall Trump mentioning antiseptics in the speech with Hydroxychloroquine, and "sunlight", which the media distorted into drinking chlorox.   A bit of digging, however disclosed both inhaled nebulized Hydrogen Peroxide (low concentration) for killing viruses and bacteria in the lungs, and the use of UV wavelengths piped into the bloodstream to irradiate a small fraction of the individual's blood supply, after which their body would build antibodies to the killed pathogens. It was a subject of research before antibiotics became widely available and common, and showed some promise.

SO there is often more to what is batted about in media than that initial crust of narrative thrown to the people, and there may well be levels of understanding completely glazed over in the superficial treatment of any person so quoted by a hostile or ignorant media. Keep in mind that not only the Democrats, who MTG baits mercilessly (esp. the "Squad") are hostile to her presence, but much of the GOP contingent there as well. It is somewhat reminiscent of the relationship POTUS 45 had with the Congress, and I have little doubt that many of her "colleagues" would just as soon see her shoved off to the side because she often brings up uncomfortable truths, to their chagrin.

Anyhow, her future in the Congress is at the behest of the voters in her district, not me.

Right on!  I admit I mostly scanned your post, but YES...we have DEWS.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuX-w2-5qOY
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 09:54:34 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline Absalom

Rittenhouse is an example of Americans defending themselves against those anarchist terrorist democrats favor,
setting and reasserting a gold standard of Americans, police, military, defending themselves.  LOVE IT!
----------------------------------------------
So Rittenhouse is the Gold Standard??? Who knew!
Apparently, Guns are the antidote for our malaise, so let's enact an Amendment
mandating Father, Mother and Children carry Guns whether at Work, Home or School???
No doubt, that will end our raging crime rate, practically overnight!!!

Online libertybele

mandating Father, Mother and Children carry Guns whether at Work, Home or School???

The leftists tried to make an 'example' out of Rittenhouse and thankfully the right to defend one's self won. Give an award for justice prevailing? Greene made a point, and I think we all know that the bill will not survive.

Guns certainly aren't the antidote for all that ails us, but our right to carry shall NOT be infringed, period.  Once that right is lost we lose ALL of our rights. IMO we are to the point, that our 2A right is what is keeping this country together.

Our raging crime rate exists because no one stopped the BLM/Antifa Floyd riots; they were allowed to get out of control for political gain.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

How did you end up living in America?  None of your comments support our bill of rights or constitution. YES. ALL GUNS FOR EVERYONE.  Like they did in pioneer days.  In fact, I think Sweden? it is mandatory for every person to have a gun.  Almost zero crime.  It would make YOU think twice before trying to kill anyone.  All teachers in Israel, carry an AR-15 ? RIFLE FOR PROTECTION.  Yes, guns are the answer in the RIGHT HANDS. The LEFT can't be trusted with them.  All shootings since Lincoln, were done by a democrat.
Yes, it would stop a lot of crime.  You betcha!

Oh SWISS.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjlT4BME2aE
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 03:44:06 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline Absalom

How did you end up living in America?  None of your comments support our bill of rights or constitution. YES. ALL GUNS FOR EVERYONE.  Like they did in pioneer days.  In fact, I think Sweden? it is mandatory for every person to have a gun.  Almost zero crime.  It would make YOU think twice before trying to kill anyone.  All teachers in Israel, carry an AR-15 ? RIFLE FOR PROTECTION.  Yes, guns are the answer in the RIGHT HANDS. The LEFT can't be trusted with them.  All shootings since Lincoln, were done by a democrat.
Yes, it would stop a lot of crime.  You betcha! Oh SWISS.   
--------------------
Was born here and spent some 45 years abroad.
Your awareness of European values is embarrassingly non-existent; yet you prattle on relentlessly.
Gun ownership, across Europe, has always been extremely restricted for several reasons.
European Governance was birthed from the Precepts of Natural Law, applying Logic and Reason
over some 3,000 years; whose Principles are derived from Human Nature while having nothing
to do w/economics, politics or religion.
And by the way, our Governance is a tad past 200 years old!!!

« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 02:50:01 am by Absalom »

Offline mikezpen

Don't agree with the medal to R. even though I think he was absolutely right to shoot. Cheapens it when its given away as a political act. The Dems. could then claim justification in giving it to some leftist sleazeball.

Offline LMAO

Don't agree with the medal to R. even though I think he was absolutely right to shoot. Cheapens it when its given away as a political act. The Dems. could then claim justification in giving it to some leftist sleazeball.

Yep

AOC could decide that George Floyd or Darrell Brooks should get it. Or Hawk Newsome

It would become a game of which side can hand it out to whoever the fastest

Just because one agrees with a verdict in an evidence and facts based case doesn’t mean you have to go crazy.  All the guy did was defend himself. Some  act as if he’s The Second Coming of Jesus Christ

« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 01:28:37 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy