Author Topic: Two Fox News Contributors Quit in Protest of Tucker Carlson’s Jan. 6 Special  (Read 896 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Two Fox News Contributors Quit in Protest of Tucker Carlson’s Jan. 6 Special

Jonah Goldberg and Stephen Hayes, stars of a brand of conservatism that has fallen out of fashion, decide they’ve had enough.

By Ben Smith
Nov. 21, 2021Updated 7:48 p.m. ET

The trailer for Tucker Carlson’s special about the Jan. 6 mob at the Capitol landed online on Oct. 27, and that night Jonah Goldberg sent a text to his business partner, Stephen Hayes: “I’m tempted just to quit Fox over this.”

“I’m game,” Mr. Hayes replied. “Totally outrageous. It will lead to violence. Not sure how we can stay.”

The full special, “Patriot Purge,” appeared on Fox’s online subscription streaming service days later. And last week, the two men, both paid Fox News contributors, finalized their resignations from the network.

In some ways, their departures should not be surprising: It’s simply part of the new right’s mopping up operation in the corners of conservative institutions that still house pockets of resistance to Donald J. Trump’s control of the Republican Party. Mr. Goldberg, a former National Review writer, and Mr. Hayes, a former Weekly Standard writer, were stars of the pre-Trump conservative movement. They clearly staked out their positions in 2019 when they founded The Dispatch, an online publication that they described as “a place that thoughtful readers can come for conservative, fact-based news and commentary.” It now has nearly 30,000 paying subscribers.

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/21/business/jonah-goldberg-steve-hayes-quit-fox-tucker-carlson.html?smid=tw-share
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Two pu$$y's. Both cut from the same cloth they make tampons from.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

Some people just can't handle the truth.  Good riddance to Beltway parasites Hayes and Goldberg.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
So they were triggered by the trailer? Not the actual documentary, right?

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The folks suffering from TDS are not just liberals, but include a large swath of cry baby morons like Kinsinger and crowd.  These obtuse morons think they have the answers.  Truly sad they could not see what Trump did to BENEFIT the lame Republican Party.  He infused the party with many people that would have never considered voting for Republicans.

His bull in the China shop persona was direly needed after the swamp has been bleeding the American people dry while lining their pockets with gold, and for all intent and purpose, serve the exclusive needs of illegal invading aliens.

Since Fox has loaded up their ranks with liberal idiots, I will not miss these numbnuts.  No idea who they are, the names do not sound familiar.  Good riddance!!!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If you are so moronic that you can't see the Dems are using Jan 6 as Soviet style purge of their political enemies, you deserve to sign off to the dustbin of history.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

Fox News is that much more reliable as a consequence.

Offline LegalAmerican

Some people just can't handle the truth.  Good riddance to Beltway parasites Hayes and Goldberg.

And maybe some envy?   888high58888

Offline LegalAmerican

If you are so moronic that you can't see the Dems are using Jan 6 as Soviet style purge of their political enemies, you deserve to sign off to the dustbin of history.

:bingo: :thumbsup:

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline mountaineer

I assume those two fake conservatives are headed for the greener bluer pastures of CNN and/or MSNBC?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

Honestly, I have never heard of these two turds. 

Good riddance though, they can be Tampon Fetch Boys for Liz Cheney now.
Jonah Goldberg has been faking conservatism for years. His mammie was prominent in the Lewinski deal & went by 'Trixie' on TOS.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Not just the dems ....

https://mobile.twitter.com/Liz_Cheney/status/1462594100407029761

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
 :yawn2:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Not just the dems ....

Liz Cheney
@Liz_Cheney
Thank you ⁦@stephenfhayes⁩ and ⁦@JonahDispatch⁩ for standing up for truth and calling out dangerous lies.

So what are the lies?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline cato potatoe

So that's why you incarcerate those who engage in violence.  Any corruption must be exposed, no matter the consequence.  These are law enforcement personnel, employees of ours --- they don't get a free pass.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tucker reacts to two never-Trumpers finally leaving Fox over him in ‘impotent rage’ – trolls the crap out of them
November 22, 2021 | Chris Donaldson

Tucker Carlson served up a short but sweet statement following the resignation of two Never Trump pundits from Fox News in protest over his new documentary series about the so-called “insurrection” at the U.S. Capitol.

“Our viewers will be grateful,” said the popular host following the departure of Jonah Goldberg and Stephen Hayes in remarks given to The New York Times via telephone for a story that the paper published on the duo’s publicity stunt.

Carlson’s three-part series “Patriot Purge,” which is available for streaming on Fox Nation, has badly unnerved an establishment that is heavily invested in the false narrative that mostly peaceful protestors who briefly occupied the Capitol on January 6 and were primarily interested in taking selfies were part of a legitimate attempt to overthrow the entire U.S. government, a ludicrous premise that has nonetheless served as the basis for a new domestic war on terror and the targeting of political adversaries, particularly those who support former President Donald J. Trump.

Goldberg, formerly of the National Review which vehemently opposed Trump’s historic White House run, told the Times, “Whether it’s ‘Patriot Purge’ or anti-vax stuff, I don’t want it in my name, and I want to call it out and criticize it.

“I don’t want to feel like I am betraying a trust that I had by being a Fox News contributor. And I also don’t want to be accused of not really pulling the punches. And then this was just an untenable tension for me,” he said.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/11/22/tucker-reacts-to-two-never-trumpers-finally-leaving-fox-over-him-in-impotent-rage-trolls-the-crap-out-of-them-1166374/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Patriot Purge is riddled with falsehoods. Carlson has swiftly become as big a scoundrel as the libs he accuses of being scoundrels.

Offline skeeter

Patriot Purge is riddled with falsehoods. Carlson has swiftly become as big a scoundrel as the libs he accuses of being scoundrels.
... saying more about where you're coming from, of course.

Offline goatprairie

... saying more about where you're coming from, of course.
Where am I coming from?

Offline Hoodat

@goatprairie

Could you identify some of those falsehoods for us?  Thanks in advance.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

What you just said is what is called the Big Lie.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Patriot Purge is riddled with falsehoods.

Name one.  I doubt you will because you never respond to requests for things like this, therefore I will not wait.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: