Author Topic: 8 dead, nearly 90 infected in virus outbreak at nursing home  (Read 456 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
8 dead, nearly 90 infected in virus outbreak at nursing home
« on: November 13, 2021, 10:38:34 pm »
8 dead, nearly 90 infected in virus outbreak at nursing home
an hour ago

CANAAN, Conn. (AP) — Eight residents of a nursing home in northwestern Connecticut have died during a coronavirus outbreak, while 89 residents and employees have tested positive for the disease, according to nursing home officials.

The outbreak at the Geer Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Canaan began Sept. 30, officials said in a statement Friday.

The eight residents who died had serious health problems, chief executive Kevin O’Connell and nursing director Cady Bloodgood said. Those who tested positive included 67 residents and 22 staff members. Officials said 48 residents and 21 employees have recovered.

O’Connell told the Republican-American there were no infections at the nearby Geer Lodge, an independent and assisted living center on the campus. He and Bloodgood said virus testing continues biweekly.

“While we must continue with COVID-19 prevention protocols, we want to assure everyone we are doing our best to keep residents and staff safe,” they said.

The nursing home, which houses 82 residents, has suspended in-person visitation, but virtual and window visits can be arranged.

more
https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-connecticut-nursing-homes-health-873df5ceb70382bcdec796c944b060f4
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: 8 dead, nearly 90 infected in virus outbreak at nursing home
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 10:41:37 pm »
The article doesn't state whether or not the staff or residents are vaccinated.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 10:55:15 pm »

I have to believe it is HIGHLY likely all involved are "vaccinated".

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 10:58:19 pm »

The article would be black holed if they said if they were all vaccinated. What journalist would exclude that very pertinent information under any other condition. In fact they'd be screaming it from the roof tops if they were unvaccinated.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 04:45:25 am by DB »

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 11:14:15 pm »
The article would be black holed if they said it they were all vaccinated. What journalist would exclude that very pertinent information under any other condition. In fact they'd be screaming it from the roof tops if they were unvaccinated.

The vaccines are worthless, except for the gov't to control the populace. We'll soon find out the true affects of the vaccines and something tells me more and more people are going to be dying from the vaccines.  What is worrisome is how many first responders, nurses, doctors and other medical professionals are going to die -- who will care for those who become ill??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2021, 11:18:05 pm »
Why is this suddenly newsworthy? Thousands died in the tender care of governors Murphy, Whitmer Newsom and Cuomo and the press didn’t bat an eye.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2021, 11:24:41 pm »
In Connecticut, vaccination would be required for admission to a nursing home.
These 8 may have died from the vaccine. With the Soviet style media we have today, we will never know the truth.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2021, 11:51:42 pm »
That's because the Associated Press is a BS news gathering organization. An actual reporter would have included that in the story.

For what it's worth, a friend of mine was an award-winning reporter at a small newspaper. She interviewed for a job with the AP, but when they learned she once attended a rally for a GOP gubernatorial candidate, they rejected her. She was there just to be with friends, but no matter. Any association whatsoever with the Republican party makes one unemployable with AP.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2021, 04:06:26 am »
In Connecticut, vaccination would be required for admission to a nursing home.
These 8 may have died from the vaccine. With the Soviet style media we have today, we will never know the truth.
The problem  is that you aren't considered vaccinated until two weeks after you get the second jab. If you die sooner (and test positive for the bug) you may be considered dead of COVID and unvaccinated.

So COVID will get the blame, not the jabs.                   
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2021, 10:47:27 pm »
Why is this suddenly newsworthy? Thousands died in the tender care of governors Murphy, Whitmer Newsom and Cuomo and the press didn’t bat an eye.
Because daily, we have been told for the past year that the vaccines were going to stop this. 90%+ effective, and that it'd only take 50-70% of the population vaccinated to kill of the virus.

It is clear that the American people were deceived, yet nobody has been held accountable yet.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2021, 10:59:04 pm »
Because daily, we have been told for the past year that the vaccines were going to stop this. 90%+ effective, and that it'd only take 50-70% of the population vaccinated to kill of the virus.

It is clear that the American people were deceived, yet nobody has been held accountable yet.

Fauxci should be in hiding.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2021, 02:30:21 am »
My mom is 90 and in poor health, poor thing just contracted shingles( realized that in 10 years Kaiser never once offered her the vaccine) the last place she ever wants to be is in a nursing home. She wants to die at home surrounded by her things and the view of her plants and I will do everything in my to make that happen just as we did with my dad. I have seen to much of nursing homes and how they are run having worked a few and it's the last place I would want to spend my last days too. And that was before this Covid debacle.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2021, 02:33:36 am »
Fauxci should be in hiding.
He should be tarred, feathered and run out out of office on a rail. He should have to forfeit his pension due to gross negligence on top of it. Name one pandemic/health emergency he hasn't mishandled causing unnecessary deaths.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2021, 05:31:59 am »

Fauci should be, but he won't be.

If you really want honesty, start a drumbeat to remove the emergency liability shield from the drug companies.  They've had 11 months to study their drug on the largest, most diverse test group in human history.  If they still can't sell their drug with a warranty, then it's time to pull the drug.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2021, 09:19:42 am »
Fauci should be, but he won't be.

If you really want honesty, start a drumbeat to remove the emergency liability shield from the drug companies.  They've had 11 months to study their drug on the largest, most diverse test group in human history.  If they still can't sell their drug with a warranty, then it's time to pull the drug.
Agreed. There are likely a lot of attorneys out there looking to make the 'big score'...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2021, 12:24:59 pm »
Agreed. There are likely a lot of attorneys out there looking to make the 'big score'...

Human Jackals....  fighting for last morsels of meat off the corpse.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2021, 01:34:18 am »
Human Jackals....  fighting for last morsels of meat off the corpse.
Yes....and no. Within reason, they keep corporate entities self-policing, and cut down on rampant negligence.
Those legitimately wronged should have recourse to be compensated for their injuries.
It is when they have to get creative to go for the 'big score' that they are lawyers run wild.

C S Lewis