Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Texas secession in play if Democrats ‘fundamentally destroy’ U.S.  (Read 334 times)

Offline libertybele

Ted Cruz: Texas secession in play if Democrats ‘fundamentally destroy’ U.S.

Sen. Ted Cruz said he understands people who want Texas to secede from the U.S. and that Democratic rule could make matters “hopeless” enough for it.

The Texas Republican said that he doesn’t favor secession now, but cautioned that he could imagine circumstances changing if Democrats in Washington get their way.

“If the Democrats end the filibuster, if they fundamentally destroy the country, if they pack the Supreme Court, if they make D.C. a state, if they federalize elections, if they massively expand voter fraud, there may come a point where it’s hopeless,” Mr. Cruz said.

According to a Monday account in The Hill, Mr. Cruz made remarks toying with Texas secession when responding to a student question about that movement at a recent speech at Texas A&M University.

He cautioned his answer by saying that he also sees the view that Texas needs to restrain Washington Democratic lawmakers from going off the deep end.

“I think Texas has a responsibility to the country, and I’m not ready to give up on America. I love this country,” he said.

Texas is currently “an amazing force keeping America from going off the cliff” and “keeping America grounded in the values that built this country,” he said............

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/nov/8/ted-cruz-texas-secession-play-if-democrats-fundame/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Just do it.

Who can stop us?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington