Author Topic: Ted Cruz Most Popular Politician in Texas, Outperforming Biden, Abbott, Cornyn  (Read 5422 times)

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
The ONLY thing you have proven is that YOU, for whatever reason, cannot see the forest for the trees on this issue.

Our founders were acutely aware of the problem presented by the fact that there would be no king here and thus no line of ascension. They were equally aware of the dangers of allowing anyone with even potential divided loyalties to become the chief executive and (they thought) solved the problem with the constitutional language already cited here many times.

Readers of this thread can decide for themselves who has proven what.

And nowhere does that constitutional language say anything about being born on US soil to two US citizen parents, nor does it say that "natural born citizen" means citizenship completely independent of any Congressional acts.  You are adding specific meaning to the Constitution that the Constitution itself does not include.

I'm completely happy for readers to make up their own minds.
James 1:20

Offline LegalAmerican

True:  Ted Cruz was born in Canada to an American mother and Cuban father.

True:  Ted Cruz is a naturalized American citizen thanks to immigration law passed by Congress; and is granted all rights and privileges, except
           one.

True:  Article II of the US Constitution (the law) states: 
          "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be
           eligible to the Office of President;..."

True:  "Natural born" is an inherent birthright to American citizenship that is born of both American soil and dual American parental lineage.

True:  "Natural born" is not the same as "naturalized".  "Natural born" citizenship is not dependent upon Congressional action and is untouchable
            from cradle to grave.  "Naturalized" citizenship is a hostage to Congressional inclinations.

True:  Ted Cruz held dual citizenship for the first 45 years of his life; formally renouncing his Canadian citizenship after being elected to the
           Senate with eyes on the Oval Office.  He has yet to adjudicate his claim that he is a natural born, not a naturalized, US citizen.

Please ---- stop blaminng Donald Trump for Ted Cruz's political quagmire.

Thank you.  Most people do not live in integrity.  THEY SLANDER and think nothing of it!  Amazing. 

Offline corbe

I wish this was in the Constitution:  Noone who partakes in Reality TV Programming shall ever be considered for President.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline HoustonSam

I'll say it again. Ted was Not Naturalized!!!

It least by my understanding of "Naturalization", which does not agree with your "made up definition" of Naturalized.

There is a separate process for Naturalization that Ted Did Not Undergo.

There is only one way that anyone becomes naturalized, and that is by taking the oath.  @Right_in_Virginia is using a made-up definition to suit her perpetual anti-Cruz grudge.  Any US citizen who was never naturalized is a natural born citizen.  And Cruz was never naturalized.

Offline LegalAmerican

True: Trump hired some of the sleaziest people in the country (Stone and Pecker) to create slanderous lies during the '16 camapign that had residual sticking power to Cruz and his subsequent campaign.

You are one of the most hyprocritical Trump fan here at TBR.....and that's saying a lot.

Wrong. TRUMP did not hire anyone. ROGER STONE...owned the Enquire, at that time.  HE AND OTHERS DID THEIR OWN THING. Sleazy?  ROGER STONE, is attacked by our sleazy government.  5:00 am raid, with swat team, even though Roger gave them everything already and was fully co-operating.  That RAID..was not needed. Intimidation, because STONE liked Trump.

ZERO LIES WERE PRINTED. Ted Cruz, attacked Melania.  Then Trump told him to 'watch it'.  The sleaze is CAREER POLITICIAN TED. None of you get that? Ted is riding Trump coat tails.  Cruz, told media that Ben Carson and Marco Rubio were getting out of the race, so that HE, would get their votes.  THEY WEREN'T GETTING OUT OF THE RACE..then,  had to, after Teds lies. Ted begged to speak at convention for TRUMP. His speech was approved by Trumps, then Ted CHANGED HIS SPEECH...and joined Obama on AF/1. 

As far as Rafael Cruz being involved with JFK demise....I DO NOT KNOW.  Ted, has behaved himself, since that article. 

You just SLANDERED TRUMP!  That should bother you.  Making up story's.

Offline LegalAmerican

There is only one way that anyone becomes naturalized, and that is by taking the oath.  @Right_in_Virginia is using a made-up definition to suit her perpetual anti-Cruz grudge.  Any US citizen who was never naturalized is a natural born citizen.  And Cruz was never naturalized.

Wrong. I am a naturalized citizen.  My parents just filled out my form.  I had a picture taken. I said, nothing.  I was 12 years old.  Correct about Ted. In FACT..his parents never completed a form...that TED NEEDS. 

Offline LegalAmerican

There is nothing slanderous about saying Ted Cruz is a naturalized American citizen, not a natural born American citizen @catfish1957

The Constitution, not me, not Donald Trump, says this makes Cruz ineligible for the office of the President.  Cruz knows this.

As for the primary campaign ---- "Lyin' Ted" was certainly effective, as truth usually is.  You seem to forget the genesis of the label were Ted's own quotes.  Rubio was effective in helping this stick to Cruz, too, adding more truth from Ted's record.

After alignng and realigning himself with other primary candidates, Cruz ended up like a flounder flopping all over the back of a boat trying to get traction with Fiorina.  I'll admit, it became painful to watch him.

And then came the convention when he submitted his speech for approval only to give a different one.  Dare I say this was Lyin' Ted at his finest?

But Trump, far from ending Ted's political career, would go on to save it by pulling him across the finish line, returning Cruz to the Senate.

They appear to have a professional relationship that is quite good now.

Maybe you and I can learn something from the two men. :shrug:

:thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

It is made in the constitution itself within the space of a single phrase.

Last time I looked, the constitution was still the supreme law of this land.

I agree with you.  Common sense says, we know what the FOUNDING FATHERS wanted.  TOTAL LOYALTY TO AMERICA. No word games to get around the intended.   No dual citizenship.
No one, NOT BORN ON US SOIL, with two American citizen,  parents.   That last part was just for that time in history.  Now, it requires a NATURAL BORN CITIZEN ON OUR SOIL.  TWO AMERICAN PARENTS.

That amendment 14, was never intended for any ILLEGALS.  It was for the black race, to ensure them as citizens, after being freed. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

By some people’s interpretation of the Constitution our first 3-4 Presidents would have been ineligible to serve in that office. 

Question…is someone who’s mother is born in Scotland ineligible to be President?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Wrong. TRUMP did not hire anyone. ROGER STONE...owned the Enquire, at that time.  HE AND OTHERS DID THEIR OWN THING. Sleazy?  ROGER STONE, is attacked by our sleazy government.  5:00 am raid, with swat team, even though Roger gave them everything already and was fully co-operating.  That RAID..was not needed. Intimidation, because STONE liked Trump.

ZERO LIES WERE PRINTED. Ted Cruz, attacked Melania.  Then Trump told him to 'watch it'.  The sleaze is CAREER POLITICIAN TED. None of you get that? Ted is riding Trump coat tails.  Cruz, told media that Ben Carson and Marco Rubio were getting out of the race, so that HE, would get their votes.  THEY WEREN'T GETTING OUT OF THE RACE..then,  had to, after Teds lies. Ted begged to speak at convention for TRUMP. His speech was approved by Trumps, then Ted CHANGED HIS SPEECH...and joined Obama on AF/1. 

As far as Rafael Cruz being involved with JFK demise....I DO NOT KNOW.  Ted, has behaved himself, since that article. 

You just SLANDERED TRUMP!  That should bother you.  Making up story's.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 02:34:10 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline libertybele

Bottom line is that Ted has not announced he's even running for President. If he does, I doubt it will become an issue because Kamel is VP. If it does become an issue, hopefully it will go all the way to SCOTUS and let them sort out the issue of natural born citizen.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

To your absurd statement above (in bold) @Right_in_Virginia

DO NOT --- in any way --- edit my posts @corbe

Offline HoustonSam

By some people’s interpretation of the Constitution our first 3-4 Presidents would have been ineligible to serve in that office. 

Question…is someone who’s mother is born in Scotland ineligible to be President?

I'm sure there must be a "New York City Real Estate Developer" section somewhere in that lost Super Duper citizenship clause of the Constitution.

Offline corbe

Blow away
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline HoustonSam

He didn't edit your post.  He quoted it and highlighted part of the quote.

Actually editing someone's post can get you in trouble around here.  But you probably know that.

Offline libertybele

What's not to love???  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: I wish we had many more like him.  Congress would be a much better place!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Read Article II again (or for the first time) @txradioguy   "Natural born or citizens at the time of the adoption of the US Constitution."

Blow away

DO NOT -- in any way ---- edit my posts @corbe

Period.

Offline HoustonSam

Period.

@Right_in_Virginia loses it when someone calls out ridiculous flaws in her logic @corbe , so she flails away at non-sequiturs that make her feel powerful and assertive.  But sometimes those non-sequiturs don't work; that's why she has me on ignore and doesn't respond to what I say in this thread - she got tired of being embarrassed.

Offline corbe

Period.

I have been here long enough to KNOW that you have in the immediate past, EDITED other Briefers TXT~Including Mine more often than not if it suits your argument and general demeanor. 

I have been here long enough to KNOW that you have in the immediate past, EDITED other Briefers TXT~Including Mine more often than not if it suits your argument and general demeanor.

Let them ask me not to and I will comply with their request, as you should do mine.

It's quite simple @corbe  DO NOT edit ---- in any way ---- my posts.

Offline libertybele

So...Ted Cruz IS the most popular politician in Texas!  happy77 :yowsa:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 03:18:15 am by libertybele »

Offline HoustonSam

So...Ted Cruz IS the most popular politician in  happy77 :yowsa:

"Blessed are the peace makers...."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm sure there must be a "New York City Real Estate Developer" section somewhere in that lost Super Duper citizenship clause of the Constitution.

I'm sure it's in small print in the margins somewhere.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Thank you.  Most people do not live in integrity.  THEY SLANDER and think nothing of it!  Amazing.

The irony and hypocricy of 99% of your posts is breathtaking.  If we had a Babylon Bee writer at TBR, you'd be their subject matter.  You just can't be for real.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.