Author Topic: Ted Cruz Most Popular Politician in Texas, Outperforming Biden, Abbott, Cornyn  (Read 5477 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Actually @txradioguy Cruz, himself,  made it an issue when he publically renounced his Canadian citizenship in 2014 and spent the nexr year trying to convince voters even though his father was a Cuban citizen when he was born in Canada he was, indeed, a NBC.

Cruz never settled the debate.

@Right_in_Virginia

How is that even possible. Sounds to me like just being a little bit pregnant.

I could see it if Ted had been born in the US,but you wrote above he was born in Canada. HOW can anyone born in Canada that isn't the child of deployed military man or woman be a natural born US citizen?

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DB

Actually @txradioguy Cruz, himself,  made it an issue when he publically renounced his Canadian citizenship in 2014 and spent the nexr year trying to convince voters even though his father was a Cuban citizen when he was born in Canada he was, indeed, a NBC.

Cruz never settled the debate.

@Right_in_Virginia

How is that even possible. Sounds to me like just being a little bit pregnant.

I could see it if Ted had been born in the US,but you wrote above he was born in Canada. HOW can anyone born in Canada that isn't the child of deployed military man or woman be a natural born US citizen?

So if a pregnant US woman who is not in the military happens to be Canada when she gives birth to a child that child isn't a US citizen at birth?

I take "natural born" to be simply was a citizen at birth based on current law. Otherwise the child had to be naturalized after birth to become a citizen.

But I'm no lawyer...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So if a pregnant US woman who is not in the military happens to be Canada when she gives birth to a child that child isn't a US citizen at birth?

I don't know. I am not a lawyer,and don't even play one on tb. I SUSPECT that if she were living and working in Canada,that the child would be a Canadian citizen.

I also SUSPECT that if she were just visiting and not living or working there,that the child would automatically be a US citizen.

And the above legal advise is easily worth EVERY penny you paid for it.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/while-abroad/birth-abroad.html

Birth of U.S. Citizens and Non-Citizen Nationals Abroad

If you are a U.S. citizen (or non-citizen national) and have a child overseas, you should report their birth at the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate as soon as possible so that a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) can be issued as an official record of the child’s claim to U.S. citizenship or nationality.

CRBAs are issued to both U.S. citizens and non-citizen nationals. A CRBA documents that the child was a U.S. citizen at birth.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I take "natural born" to be simply was a citizen at birth based on current law. Otherwise the child had to be naturalized after birth to become a citizen.

But I'm no lawyer...

Natural born citizen is a citizen to the higher power @DB ---- and is unique solely to those seeking the office of POTUS.  It has two requirements--- he/she must be born on US soil and be born to two parents who were both American citizens at the time of his or her birth.  The potential candidate in question was not born on US soil and only his mother was a US citizen.

He may be a naturalied citizen with full rights and privileges and eligible for all other public offices, but he is not a natural born citizen and is ineligible for the office of POTUS and its line of succession.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 11:20:32 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

I take "natural born" to be simply was a citizen at birth based on current law.

And this is one of the nightmares the Founders' addressed with the NBC clause @DB   What current law gives, tomorrow's law may take away.

A NBC is an inherent citizen, born of American soil and parental lineage.  It cannot be taken away.  The Founders' wanted this assurance for the holder of the Presidency.  -----  and they wanted to eliminate or, at least reduce, the possibility of dual allegiances.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Read this VERY carefully:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President;...

Article II, United States Constitution

You will note that there is a distinction made between a citizen and a natural born citizen. To the men that wrote that, it meant that if your citizenship came naturally (without the aid for any statutory construction ever written) you can run for president. If it comes any other way you cannot.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
If Kamala can run for Prez and become VP then Ted can surely become Prez.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Natural born citizen is a citizen to the higher power @DB ---- and is unique solely to those seeking the office of POTUS.  It has two requirements--- he/she must be born on US soil and be born to two parents who were both American citizens at the time of his or her birth.  The potential candidate in question was not born on US soil and only his mother was a US citizen.

He may be a naturalied citizen with full rights and privileges and eligible for all other public offices, but he is not a natural born citizen and is ineligible for the office of POTUS and its line of succession.

The Super Duper Citizen clause of the Constitution is, mysteriously, lost to history.

Nowhere in any US law is "natural born citizen" described as @Right_in_Virginia describes it here.  This is simply confected anti-Cruz nonsense, the residuum of outrage that he opposed Trump during the 2016 R primaries.
James 1:20

Offline HoustonSam

Read this VERY carefully:

Article II, United States Constitution

You will note that there is a distinction made between a citizen and a natural born citizen. To the men that wrote that, it meant that if your citizenship came naturally (without the aid for any statutory construction ever written) you can run for president. If it comes any other way you cannot.

Yes, there is a distinction between a citizen and a natural born citizen; the latter are citizens at birth while the former adds also those who became citizens later in life.  There is no evidence that the men who wrote "natural born citizen" meant "without the aid for any statutory construction ever written", when they were distinguishing between those who were citizens at birth and those who became citizens later in life.

Being unpracticed in their use, I cannot tell whether your "no Congressional interpretation allowed" eisegesis here is a penumbra or an emanation; perhaps you could clarify further.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yes, there is a distinction between a citizen and a natural born citizen; the latter are citizens at birth while the former adds also those who became citizens later in life.  There is no evidence that the men who wrote "natural born citizen" meant "without the aid for any statutory construction ever written", when they were distinguishing between those who were citizens at birth and those who became citizens later in life.

Being unpracticed in their use, I cannot tell whether your "no Congressional interpretation allowed" eisegesis here is a penumbra or an emanation; perhaps you could clarify further.

As I've told you many times previously, my interpretation comes from the same, very familiar to them, reference (three copies in the room) used by those who wrote the constitution and I'll stick to that backed up by every member of the founding generation who never once challenged St. George Tucker's view. In fact, that view was backed up by many including the noted founding era historian David Ramsey.

No penumbras or emanations required.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HoustonSam

As I've told you many times previously, my interpretation comes from the same, very familiar to them, reference (three copies in the room) used by those who wrote the constitution and I'll stick to that backed up by every member of the founding generation who never once challenged St. George Tucker's view. In fact, that view was backed up by many including the noted founding era historian David Ramsey.

No penumbras or emanations required.

I remember being inspired by these words from a wise and insightful man :

"All true! Every word, but none of it excuses any member of SCOTUS who looks outside the plain English language words written on paper in our constitution as a basis for ANY decision he might be called upon to make.  Never has and never will!"

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,448318.msg2501058.html#msg2501058

On any other subject, if a judge or justice reached outside the plain language of the Constitution to make a decision, you and I would be united in withering criticism of that jurist.  Yet you insist on reaching outside the plain language of the Constitution to argue that it means something that it does not say.  And you aren't reaching outside to a derivative of the Constitution - a SCOTUS decision or a statute, either of which, at least in theory, inherits Constitutional authority; you reach outside to a document which has no legal authority at all.

How can you possibly criticize Blackmun for Roe when you insist that Vettel, with no greater legal authority than any embryology text Blackmun might have consulted, should determine the meaning of the law?

Do you seriously expect any thinking person to believe that SCOTUS precedent is meaningless before the plain language of the Constitution, as you argued here

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,448318.msg2501072.html#msg2501072

while Vettel's commentary determines the meaning of the Constitution itself?

You said it yourself : "...the constitution remains supreme and is the ONLY place that can be looked to in deciding matters of constitutional law!"  Well, Vettel is not the US Constitution, so if you're looking to Vettel then you are looking outside "the ONLY place that can be looked to in deciding matters of constitutional law."

So is your eisegesis a penumbra, or an emanation?  Take your pick.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If Kamala can run for Prez and become VP then Ted can surely become Prez.

@Elderberry

Not true. The laws don't apply to Dims. Especially not to non-white Dims.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Comrade sneakypete wrote:
"Not true. The laws don't apply to Dims. Especially not to non-white Dims."

I was about to post that re Comrade elderberry's comment, but you beat me to it.

It bewilders me to see how many of the Comrade citizens of the Briefing Room still cannot grasp this fundamental precept of The Party.

It falls under Party mentor Herbert Marcuse's concept of "repressive tolerance". That is to say, whatever The Party does is to be tolerated; whatever our enemies do is to be repressed.

Got that...?

Offline LegalAmerican

The Super Duper Citizen clause of the Constitution is, mysteriously, lost to history.

Nowhere in any US law is "natural born citizen" described as @Right_in_Virginia describes it here.  This is simply confected anti-Cruz nonsense, the residuum of outrage that he opposed Trump during the 2016 R primaries.

Wrong again and you really need to deal with that envy.  It is about a Law.  Why even go there?   

Offline corbe

You're up the wrong tree with that 'Trump Envy' stuff here @LegalAmerican we are all Adults and are way pass that.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Comrade sneakypete wrote:
"Not true. The laws don't apply to Dims. Especially not to non-white Dims."

I was about to post that re Comrade elderberry's comment, but you beat me to it.

It bewilders me to see how many of the Comrade citizens of the Briefing Room still cannot grasp this fundamental precept of The Party.

It falls under Party mentor Herbert Marcuse's concept of "repressive tolerance". That is to say, whatever The Party does is to be tolerated; whatever our enemies do is to be repressed.

Got that...?

@Fishrrman

You bet! That way you not only get to avoid all that hard "thinking stuff",but nothing that ever happens is you fault.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Wrong again and you really need to deal with that envy.  It is about a Law.  Why even go there?

Because you and a few others here conflate what Trump spewed during the campaign for actual law.

I bet you still believe in your heart of hearts that Cruz's dad was involved in the JFK shooting just because Donald said so on Fox News.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Because you and a few others here conflate what Trump spewed during the campaign for actual law.

True:  Ted Cruz was born in Canada to an American mother and Cuban father.

True:  Ted Cruz is a naturalized American citizen thanks to immigration law passed by Congress; and is granted all rights and privileges, except
           one.

True:  Article II of the US Constitution (the law) states: 
          "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be
           eligible to the Office of President;..."

True:  "Natural born" is an inherent birthright to American citizenship that is born of both American soil and dual American parental lineage.

True:  "Natural born" is not the same as "naturalized".  "Natural born" citizenship is not dependent upon Congressional action and is untouchable
            from cradle to grave.  "Naturalized" citizenship is a hostage to Congressional inclinations.

True:  Ted Cruz held dual citizenship for the first 45 years of his life; formally renouncing his Canadian citizenship after being elected to the
           Senate with eyes on the Oval Office.  He has yet to adjudicate his claim that he is a natural born, not a naturalized, US citizen.

Please ---- stop blaminng Donald Trump for Ted Cruz's political quagmire.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 06:29:02 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

True: Trump hired some of the sleaziest people in the country (Stone and Pecker) to create slanderous lies during the '16 camapign that had residual sticking power to Cruz and his subsequent campaign.

You are one of the most hyprocritical Trump fan here at TBR.....and that's saying a lot.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 09:11:13 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

888mouth
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline HoustonSam

True:  Ted Cruz was born in Canada to an American mother and Cuban father.

True:  Ted Cruz is a naturalized American citizen thanks to immigration law passed by Congress; and is granted all rights and privileges, except
           one.
Then produce a reference to his naturalization papers.  When did he pass the test and take the oath?
True:  Article II of the US Constitution (the law) states: 
          "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be
           eligible to the Office of President;..."

True:  "Natural born" is an inherent birthright to American citizenship that is born of both American soil and dual American parental lineage.
Then show specifically in any US law where this distinction is made.
True:  "Natural born" is not the same as "naturalized".  "Natural born" citizenship is not dependent upon Congressional action and is untouchable
            from cradle to grave.  "Naturalized" citizenship is a hostage to Congressional inclinations.

True:  Ted Cruz held dual citizenship for the first 45 years of his life; formally renouncing his Canadian citizenship after being elected to the
           Senate with eyes on the Oval Office.  He has yet to adjudicate his claim that he is a natural born, not a naturalized, US citizen.

The only quagmire is the mud thrown at Cruz by Trump, Trump's campaign managers, and Trump's supporters who are permanently butt-hurt over the 2016 primaries and convention.  We're all familiar with sore losers, and most of us fall into that error from time to time.  But being a sore winner is another issue entirely and a more serious character flaw IMO.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 09:07:05 pm by HoustonSam »

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Naturalization Eligibility Tool

https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship-resource-center/learn-about-citizenship/naturalization-eligibility-tool
You may already be a U.S. citizen.

You may need to file a different application if one or both of your parents are U.S. citizens. You may file the Application for Certificate of Citizenship (N-600) if you were born abroad and one or both of your parents are U.S. citizens. You may also submit an application if U.S. law automatically made you a U.S. citizen after your birth. You should learn more about obtaining citizenship through your parents.