Author Topic: OSHA COVID mandate warns lying about vax status punishable by $10K fine, up to 6 months in prison  (Read 357 times)

Offline Hoodat

OSHA COVID mandate warns lying about vax status punishable by $10K fine, up to 6 months in prison

Audrey Conklin  |  5 Nov 2021

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) new vaccine requirement for businesses with more than 100 employees warns of a potential $10,000 fine and up to six months of imprisonment for individuals who lie about their vaccination status.

OSHA announced the new vaccine rule Thursday that will require certain U.S. employers to ensure all their workers are either fully vaccinated by Jan. 4 or subject to weekly testing and mask wearing.

The new emergency standard is implemented under the authority granted by the Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Act, which "provides for fines up to $10,000, and imprisonment for not more than six months, or both, for anyone who ‘knowingly makes any false statement, representation, or certification’ in any application, record, report, plan, or other document" pursuant to the new rule.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/osha-covid-vaccine-mandate-fines-prison

The government empowering itself to do this is the same government that can redefine the term 'vaccinated' at the drop of a hat.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I have the Right to remain silent. I have HIPAA rights, too. Sod off.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

OSHA now a criminal law enforcement agency, huh. I bet they're armed to the teeth, too.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online rustynail

Calling all Lawyers, calling all Lawyers.  There is Money around here.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
OSHA now a criminal law enforcement agency, huh. I bet they're armed to the teeth, too.
If not I think they're the only ones Obama left out.

Online mountaineer

If not I think they're the only ones Obama left out.
Everyone wanted in on those millions of rounds of ammunition.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline berdie

How odd. A person can lie about voting status and have no repercussions in most states. But lie about this and you will do time.

What a world...what a world.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Everyone wanted in on those millions of rounds of ammunition.
Ammunition and automatic weapons because nothing says I need automatic fire like the department of agriculture,

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"OSHA COVID mandate warns lying about vax status punishable by $10K fine, up to 6 months in prison"

Yet violent felons are released without bail in a matter of hours, and will have their crimes plea-bargained away to next-to-no-time-served...

Offline Polly Ticks

What if a person IDENTIFIES as vaccinated?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
You'll likely get the Aaron Rodgers treatment.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

From this point forward, I plead the Fifth.  With government continuously updating its definition of 'vaccinated', there is no way to know if what I say today is supported by whatever the definition happens to be that day.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Polly Ticks

You'll likely get the Aaron Rodgers treatment.

They'll pay me millions of dollars to play a game? 
Sounds good.  :beer:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Off-topic, but j myrle wrote:
"You'll likely get the Aaron Rodgers treatment."

True story:
I'd never heard of "Aaron Rodgers" until he was on Jeopardy.
Even then, I had to ask my sister "where did he come from?"

Online Right_in_Virginia

88devil     :thumbsup: