Author Topic: Donations mount after homeless vet’s dog died. Police in NC arrested him for begging.  (Read 283 times)

rangerrebew

Donations mount after homeless vet’s dog died. Police in NC arrested him for begging.

By Joe Marusak

Updated October 30, 2021 3:09 PM Duration 1:01

NC community backs homeless veteran who lost dog after arrest Joshua Rohrer, a homeless veteran, was recently arrested for what police say is begging at a busy intersection in Gastonia, NC. His service dog Sunshine ran away and was later found dead. By WBTV Donations are pouring in for a homeless Iraq War veteran who was arrested for what police said was begging at a busy Gastonia intersection with his service dog, Sunshine, by his side.

A Gastonia Police Department spokesperson confirmed at the time that officers Tased the 2-year-old Belgian Malinois during the Oct. 13 incident, Observer news partner WBTV reported. Sunshine scampered off. Days later, she was found dead, hit by a car, multiple media outlets reported.

Former Kentucky National Guardsman Joshua Rohrer, an Iraq war veteran, and his service dog Sunshine walking in Gastonia, NC, in October 2021. Joshua Rohrer / Facebook The veteran, former Kentucky National Guardsman Joshua Rohrer, was arrested at the scene and charged with two misdemeanor counts of resisting an officer, a misdemeanor count of begging for money and a solicit from highway infraction, Gaston County Jail records show.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article255386706.html#storylink=cpy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I have had one basic,unshakable rule my entire life.

It states,"You kill my dog on purpose,I kill you."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Cops didn't "directly" kill the dog, although the man's arrest contributed to the situation...

FTA: After Rohrer’s arrest, police said, Gaston County Animal Care and Enforcement took custody of Sunshine and later released the dog to a friend of Rohrer’s choosing. “That friend took Sunshine to a home in Cleveland County,” police said in the statement. “According to posts made on social media by friends of Mr. Rohrer, Sunshine left the premises where she was being temporarily housed, entered a roadway, and was struck and killed by a passing vehicle.”

Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.