Author Topic: Cheney presses Republicans to back Bannon contempt vote  (Read 162 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cheney presses Republicans to back Bannon contempt vote
« on: October 20, 2021, 06:31:04 pm »
Cheney presses Republicans to back Bannon contempt vote
By Rebecca Beitsch - 10/20/21 12:16 PM EDT

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) pressured her Republican colleagues to support a vote to refer former Trump White House strategist Stephen Bannon for criminal prosecution, encouraging them to buck House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.).

Cheney called on Republicans to back the contempt vote during an appearance at the House Rules Committee that sets the terms of debate for Thursday's vote.

The Wyoming Republican, who was booted from House GOP leadership earlier this year for her repeated criticisms of former President Trump, put a guilt trip on her colleagues, saying they shouldn't let fear of the former president prevent them from doing the right thing.

“I've heard from a number of my colleagues in the last several days who say they, quote, ‘Just don't want this target on their back.’ They're just trying to keep their heads down, they don't want to anger Kevin McCarthy, the minority leader, who has been especially active in attempting to block the investigation of events of Jan. 6, despite the fact that he clearly called for such a commission,” said Cheney, who voted to impeach Trump for his conduct on Jan. 6.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/577588-cheney-presses-republicans-to-back-bannon-contempt-vote
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Re: Cheney presses Republicans to back Bannon contempt vote
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 08:49:39 pm »
I hope the republicants tell that traitorous DCP disciple to drop dead.