Author Topic: Oregon McDonald’s Desperate for Staff: ‘Now Hiring 14 and 15-Year-Olds’  (Read 277 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breitbart by Katherine Hamilton 3 Sep 2021

An Oregon McDonald’s decided to turn to young teenagers to fill jobs after having difficulty finding employees, the Washington Examiner reported on Thursday.

“There are always staffing issues, but this is unheard of,” the Biddle Road restaurant operator, Heather Coleman, told Insider.

Coleman placed a banner in front of her McDonald’s in Medford, Oregon, advertising that the franchise is hiring 14 and 15-year-old workers. She noted that young workers have been “a blessing in disguise,” and they have “drive and work ethic.”

While each state has its own labor laws, 14 is the minimum age set for nonagricultural jobs by the Department of Labor. Fourteen and 15-year-olds are permitted to work in restaurants, though the number of hours is regulated by law.

More: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/09/03/oregon-mcdonalds-desperate-staff-hiring-14-15-year-olds/

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If Oregon law is anything like California or at least how California used to be there are very limited positions that 14 and 15 year olds are allowed to work. In California, at least when I ran a Mickey D's it just wasn't worth hiring a 15 or even 151/2 year old because all they could work was a register, we couldn't even let them make coffee because of the potential liability.

Online DB

If Oregon law is anything like California or at least how California used to be there are very limited positions that 14 and 15 year olds are allowed to work. In California, at least when I ran a Mickey D's it just wasn't worth hiring a 15 or even 151/2 year old because all they could work was a register, we couldn't even let them make coffee because of the potential liability.

California allowed them to work but they had to stay away from the machinery (like a shake machine)...

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
California allowed them to work but they had to stay away from the machinery (like a shake machine)...
Yeah I know personally I managed them, MickeyD's not shake machines though sometimes I thought the shake machines were smarter than my crew. :pondering: