Author Topic: U.S. Ambassador to U.N.: ‘Our Friends and Allies Are Not Hanging off Planes’ – Afghanistan Situation  (Read 249 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
U.S. Ambassador to U.N.: ‘Our Friends and Allies Are Not Hanging off Planes’ – Afghanistan Situation ‘Not an Unplanned Situation’

Ian Hanchett
17 Aug 2021

On Tuesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Deadline: White House,” U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Linda Thomas-Greenfield denied parallels between the situation in Afghanistan and the fall of Saigon by stating that “this is not 1975. This is 2021. We are in a different world. We have planned and we are responding. This is not an unplanned situation that we are in.” Thomas-Greenfield also said, “our friends and allies are not hanging off planes.”

Thomas-Greenfield said, “I think this is not 1975. This is 2021. We are in a different world. We have planned and we are responding. This is not an unplanned situation that we are in. It’s difficult. I am absolutely not denying how difficult the situation is. But we are in a process of trying to get people out and our friends and allies are not hanging off planes. Our friends and allies are getting the support of the U.S. government, and we’re working around the clock to get people out.”

Host Nicolle Wallace then asked, “I just don’t want to misunderstand you. Who do you identify as hanging off the planes at the airport in Kabul?”

Thomas-Greenfield responded, “I don’t know. You said people were hanging off planes, and I did see the one report where there were so — hundreds of people at the airport, and all of those people we want to assist and we recognize that, but what we’re trying to do is provide an orderly path for Afghans and others to leave the country, and we’re working around the clock to do that.”

Thomas-Greenfield added, “[W]e’re getting out planes every hour on the hour, and we will continue to do that until we finish the job.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/08/17/u-s-ambassador-to-u-n-our-friends-and-allies-are-not-hanging-off-planes-afghanistan-situation-not-an-unplanned-situation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
No matter how much the fall of Saigon looks just like the fall of Afghanistan, you must NOT believe your eyes, but rather the lies Biden and his stooges tell you.  Biden and DNC, Bagdad Bob news......
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline LegalAmerican

The nerve!  After we saw the live pictures of people hanging on airplanes?  Trying to get away?  I don't know if it was the Taliban.
None can be trusted.   

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Some fell off, some froze there, strapped to the plane. At least one caused a landing gear malfunction and a re-route (glad I didn't have to clean that up). Apparently they are either so desperate or just don't understand the cold up there.

But yes, accounts say people are  dying in an attempt to get out.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Biden like Obama couldn't turn an American army over to radical jihadist fast enough.  Military betrayed, both American and allies betrayed, civilians, both Americans and western allies betrayed,.  America's reputation on a world/global scale in taters. tens of thousands of peoples fates Biden turned over to the Taliban on  Bidens trust and faith in the Talibans 'good will'.  Biden took the democrats contempt and hatred of the democrat party towards America and used to to betray the nation.  Biden has then proceeded to declare its no big deal what he did. Our allies, rightfully so are deeply angry America could so betray them, and they have a right to be.  With their people now held hostage, and needlessly so, by Bidens trust in our enemies, and betrayal of our allies.  Of course as last elections massive fraud didn't matter, what difference does this betrayal matter either?  Just as important what other betrayals of our nation or our allies does Biden have planned in the near future?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Some fell off, some froze there, strapped to the plane. At least one caused a landing gear malfunction and a re-route (glad I didn't have to clean that up). Apparently they are either so desperate or just don't understand the cold up there.

But yes, accounts say people are  dying in an attempt to get out.
\

They can't effing read or write...so where's the mystery about them being ignorant of the temperature differences in altitude?    happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
\

They can't effing read or write...so where's the mystery about them being ignorant of the temperature differences in altitude?    happy77
Afghanistan is pretty mountainous in places. Just the terrain would tell them it gets colder as you go up. (average altitude 4000 ft., ranges from about 1500 ft. to over 20,000 ft. Desert gets cold in winter, too. I have seen subzero temps in Nevada in desert at 7000 ft. You don't need a thermometer to tell you stuff freezes faster as you go up in altitude.

Had this been done in winter, the Taliban would have had a much harder time assembling because of the weather in the higher elevations and mountain passes. Naturally, Biden's Bozos pull out in late summer when travel isn't affected.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Is she a Susan Rice understudy?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
\

C;mon man/  They wear their winter cloths year round they could have made it if they would have worn boots and gloves.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien