Author Topic: Live Thread: The Fall of Afghanistan  (Read 11635 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Live Thread: The Fall of Afghanistan
« Reply #200 on: August 15, 2021, 09:55:21 pm »
Doug Collins
@RepDougCollins
·
2m
History will show the mistakes of the last 3 weeks in Afghanistan.  I choose for now to pray for those souls in Afghanistan that face unspeakable cruelty and death at the hands of a Terrorist Thug Regime. #Kabul  #PrayforAfghanistan #HowSoonWeForget
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #201 on: August 15, 2021, 09:55:47 pm »
But the Dems would lose their tie-breaker in the Senate.

That is an interesting point.  No Veep, no tie-breaker.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #203 on: August 15, 2021, 10:00:05 pm »
Saad Mohseni
@saadmohseni
·
1h
Another Saigon moment: chaotic scenes at Kabul International Airport. No security. None.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1427000691407654914
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #204 on: August 15, 2021, 10:09:00 pm »
Saad Mohseni
@saadmohseni
·
1h
Another Saigon moment: chaotic scenes at Kabul International Airport. No security. None.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1427000691407654914

At least our border is secure, so we won't have to worry about any jihadis sneaking into the country and causing havok.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Andy wrote:
"If I trusted our leaders, I'd expect they would rain absolute hell on the Taliban for doing so.
But I don't."

I'm late into this thread.
But this is "nuclear territory".

The warning should be issued:
"We are leaving. Interfere with our departure, shoot a plane down, and we will retaliate by using tactical nuclear weapons against you."

There really isn't any other threat that at this point could be "made good against them".
So... use what you have.
And be willing to actually back that threat up with action.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #206 on: August 15, 2021, 10:16:58 pm »

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #207 on: August 15, 2021, 10:23:55 pm »
ol' white joe sure did "build back the taliban better", I reckon...

11 hours into this crisis, the only DC criitter who has taken any action or steps to support this debacle is Tom Cotton.

The rest of DC has been silent.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #208 on: August 15, 2021, 10:33:15 pm »
Cyber wrote:
"That is an interesting point.  No Veep, no tie-breaker."

I posted about that, and about how it could be used to our advantage, MONTHS AGO.

I guess no one was readin'...

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #209 on: August 15, 2021, 10:42:46 pm »
Cyber wrote:
"That is an interesting point.  No Veep, no tie-breaker."

I posted about that, and about how it could be used to our advantage, MONTHS AGO.

I guess no one was readin'...

It's a point that has been brought to the surface again, and something to consider.

My thinking though has always been that she will name a VP and he or she will be the one truly running the country; Michelle Obama, Valerie Jarret? (Barry Obama running things from the sidelines).
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #210 on: August 15, 2021, 10:43:16 pm »

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #211 on: August 15, 2021, 10:48:42 pm »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online mountaineer

« Reply #213 on: August 15, 2021, 10:51:08 pm »
White House Outs Intelligence Officials in Twitter Post.

Am I supposed to say something?
Who are these people?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #214 on: August 15, 2021, 10:52:27 pm »
888mouth

https://twitter.com/MittRomney/status/1426969856805588994

In the past 20 years our so called party has given us "W",  McCain, and this clown as choice

No doubt I see why we are in this predicament.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #215 on: August 15, 2021, 11:03:41 pm »
Jesse Kelly
@JesseKellyDC
If Biden wanted to ensure a quality pullout, he’d have put Kamala in charge.
3:02 PM · Aug 15, 2021·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #216 on: August 15, 2021, 11:06:08 pm »
Henry_ Agueros
@agueros_henry
·
2m
Replying to
@stillgray
This is so sad.  I am old enough to remember Bay of Pigs and Saigon !! These evil DemocRats… always playing with the life’s of millions!!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #217 on: August 15, 2021, 11:06:41 pm »
Ian Miles Cheong @ stillgray.substack.com
@stillgray
·
13m
Journalists and civilian employees still trapped in Afghanistan are going to be prime targets for the Taliban, marked for kidnapping.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #218 on: August 15, 2021, 11:07:29 pm »

TheGriff
@griffm601
·
28m
Replying to
@AHMalcolm
The withdrawal was a right thing but you needed a very good and workable plan that Biden didn't have and that's the disaster we now are witnessing
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #219 on: August 15, 2021, 11:08:09 pm »
Michael Brendan Dougherty
@michaelbd
·
5m
Will any general who got one of his stars for “demonstrating” on paper the progress and increased capability of the ANSF lose even a half hour’s sleep over this debacle, let alone further promotions? The question answers itself.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #223 on: August 15, 2021, 11:10:17 pm »

https://twitter.com/SCUBA2024/status/1427014947616219145
The way I see it, Jimmy has been advanced into the ranks of serious meidocrity, no longer even the second worst POTUS, with Biden and Obammy at the tow two worst.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #224 on: August 15, 2021, 11:11:04 pm »
Jonathan Lemire
@JonLemire
 · 1m
Discussions were underway for Biden to speak publicly on the deteriorating situation in Afghanistan.

Biden, who is scheduled to remain at Camp David through Wednesday, is expected to return to the White House if he decides to deliver an address. https://apnews.com/article/joe-bi
Support the USO