Author Topic: 'Hours on a footnote’: Scientists felt joy, frustration in making U.N. climate report  (Read 102 times)

rangerrebew

'Hours on a footnote’: Scientists felt joy, frustration in making U.N. climate report
By Emma Farge and Andrea Januta, Jake Spring

Summary

234 scientists spent years working on report for free
    Co-chair compares efforts to a "marathon"
    Virtual decision-making posed new challenges

GENEVA, Aug 10 (Reuters) - After spending hundreds of hours in virtual meetings to complete this week's major U.N. climate report, scientists Piers Forster and Joeri Rogelj celebrated in a way their peers could not: by hugging.

Britain-based Forster had been weary of the isolation during the COVID-19 pandemic and invited his co-author to work alongside him in his Harrogate kitchen as they worked with other scientists around the world to thrash out the final version of the report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

https://www.reuters.com/business/environment/hours-footnote-scientists-felt-joy-frustration-making-un-climate-report-2021-08-10/

Online DefiantMassRINO

What was the carbon footprint required to produce the report?

Wouldn't those resources have been better spent on advancing pollutant-trapping technologies, and micro and nano grid technologies to make electrical grids more efficient?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.