Author Topic: Oregon activists ramp up war against meat, dairy  (Read 112 times)

rangerrebew

Oregon activists ramp up war against meat, dairy
« on: August 07, 2021, 01:19:04 pm »

Oregon activists ramp up war against meat, dairy
By Duggan Flanakin |August 6th, 2021|Economy

People laughed back in May when citizens in five mostly rural eastern Oregon counties voted to join two others in an effort to secede from Oregon and become part of a greater Idaho. The city slickers in Portland and Eugene have the votes to keep them hostage forever, or so it seems.

Eastern Oregonians have long complained about leftist policies, increasing anarchy in Portland, high taxes to subsidize unreliable, intermittent energy, and other “hare-brained schemes,” many of which attack their shrinking pocketbooks, others their sense of right and wrong.

But now Oregon, following after Colorado, is facing a voter initiative campaign that would virtually end animal husbandry in the Sunset State. The Oregon ballot initiative would, if the electorate approves, criminalize the farming of food animals by classifying their slaughter as aggravated abuse and by re-defining artificial insemination and castration as sexual assault.

https://www.cfact.org/2021/08/06/oregon-activists-ramp-up-war-against-meat-dairy/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Oregon activists ramp up war against meat, dairy
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 09:55:28 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised to see this initiative pass in Oregon. The state (at least that part of it west of The Cascades, where the majority of the population lives) has gone THAT crazy.

If it DOES pass, it could inject new strength into "the Greater Idaho" movement looking to split off OR's eastern counties ...

Offline Joe Wooten

Re: Oregon activists ramp up war against meat, dairy
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 11:33:40 pm »
I foresee an opportunity for smuggling meat into Oregon. My only question for the morons considering this stupid law is: How the hell are you going to enforce this? You have run off all the cops......