Author Topic: Climate Alarmists Call for Global 'Eco-Dictatorship'  (Read 389 times)

rangerrebew

Climate Alarmists Call for Global 'Eco-Dictatorship'
« on: July 31, 2021, 03:10:25 pm »

Climate Alarmists Call for Global 'Eco-Dictatorship'
July 29, 2021
By H. Sterling Burnett

Climate Change Weekly #406

Every so often the truth seeps out that significantly reducing global greenhouse gas emissions will require enormous sacrifices, meaning profound losses of welfare on people's part. Bear that in mind when you hear politicians’ promises of “net zero by X date” or “50 or 80 percent carbon dioxide reductions by year X.”

In the Western world, the energy cuts and lifestyle changes required to hit net zero will mean going back to early-1800s levels of emissions. This will force enormously negative economic growth and giving up modern conveniences (and the freedoms they have created) that people in developed countries have come to take for granted over the past century.

For people in developing countries the news is even worse. They will have to be kept from developing, which will consign even more generations to premature deaths and abject penury due to energy poverty and food privation.

https://www.heartland.org/news-opinion/news/climate-alarmists-call-for-global-eco-dictatorship

Offline roamer_1

Re: Climate Alarmists Call for Global 'Eco-Dictatorship'
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 03:25:28 pm »

In the Western world, the energy cuts and lifestyle changes required to hit net zero will mean going back to early-1800s levels of emissions. This will force enormously negative economic growth and giving up modern conveniences (and the freedoms they have created) that people in developed countries have come to take for granted over the past century.

That's pretty near pre-canning folks... no refrigeration, no freezer. Heck, no electricity.

I know a whole lot of the old ways, but even I would have a hard, hard go at that.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 10:48:20 pm »
This means back to a 40 year avg lifespan for men and about 35 for women, except of course for the elites. This is the future Amory Lovins wanted to bring about 43 years ago when I went to hear him speak at a symposium when I was a student at UT Austin.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 11:13:33 pm »
This means back to a 40 year avg lifespan for men and about 35 for women, except of course for the elites. This is the future Amory Lovins wanted to bring about 43 years ago when I went to hear him speak at a symposium when I was a student at UT Austin.
The worst part is, that 40 year average lifespan is driven by high child and infant mortality. Meaning at current birth rates, you are going to see population plummet.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 11:17:52 pm »
The worst part is, that 40 year average lifespan is driven by high child and infant mortality. Meaning at current birth rates, you are going to see population plummet.

That's exactly what they want. Less Evil Humans destroying the Ecosystem.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2021, 11:31:57 pm »
That's pretty near pre-canning folks... no refrigeration, no freezer. Heck, no electricity.

I know a whole lot of the old ways, but even I would have a hard, hard go at that.
Me, too, and I have lived pretty primitive. Figuring out refrigeration would be an important step, maybe getting one of those propane freezers and stashing some stuff.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2021, 11:37:12 pm »
Me, too, and I have lived pretty primitive. Figuring out refrigeration would be an important step, maybe getting one of those propane freezers and stashing some stuff.

I always thought that a solar ammonia absorption freezer would be the ticket.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2021, 11:40:32 pm »
I always thought that a solar ammonia absorption freezer would be the ticket.
Might be, but I don't know enough about them. There are 12/24 volt units out there, too, that might work with PV and batteries or windmills.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2021, 12:08:00 am »

Not too hard here... A deep hand dug well or a mountain stream Put what you need to in ball jars and sink it.
Also can cut ice in the winter and make an icehouse - Ice blocks in the center, packed in sawdust. And of course, half the year...  :laugh:

Still, that requires that you have hand dug the well already... built the icehouse already... No good to start thinking on it after you need it.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2021, 12:18:37 am »

That's around Appalachian (and arguably more like African bush tribal) level primitiveness.

People have no clue how hard that is, especially in snow country.

Certainly not with 2.2 kids like the country has now.
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2021, 12:44:36 am »
That's around Appalachian (and arguably more like African bush tribal) level primitiveness.

People have no clue how hard that is, especially in snow country.

Certainly not with 2.2 kids like the country has now.

It ain't that so much as the know-how and preparedness before the fact. I can - or at least I used to be able to walk off into the brush with 35 lbs of tools on my back and not come down. But that was a few months or so... maybe a winter. And that was knowing that all I had to do was walk out again when I got sick of it.

Try building a cabin on horse power with long saws. Try stacking up 4 cords of wood for the winter without a pickup to go get it. Try getting to the elk and getting it home.Try smoke and ferment without knowing how.

This kind of thought is going to kill people. REALLY kill people. Way more than a silly virus.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2021, 02:06:55 am »
Eh No.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2021, 02:38:19 am »

It will be 30.