Author Topic: Tokyo Projected to Lose Nearly $3 Billion in Olympic Revenues Due to Covid Scare  (Read 400 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tokyo Projected to Lose Nearly $3 Billion in Olympic Revenues Due to Covid Scare

Warner Todd Huston 23 Jul 2021

Olympics organizers in Japan seem poised to lose as much as $3 billion on the games as fans are banned from events shutting off a vital source of revenue in the face of continued worry over the coronavirus.

Polls of the Japanese people find little support for the international games, with 83 percent saying they think the Olympics should have been canceled, according to Market Watch. In fact, opposition to the games in the Olympics host city of Tokyo has been consistently negative on the event.

On Friday, in a show of how much Tokyo residents oppose the games, a group of hundreds of citizens gathered to march against the games just ahead of the IOC’s opening ceremony.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2021/07/23/tokyo-projected-lose-nearly-3-billion-olympic-revenues-due-covid-scare/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

The choice to light the Olympic Flame was a slap in the face to Japan.  It won't make the Games any more popular there.

Offline Kamaji

I suspect the Olympics are slowly dying.  I saw the other day that Brisbane won the 2032 Olympics by default - because no other city put in a bid.  Paris (2024) will most likely go through with their games, but I'd give 50/50 odds that the L.A. games in 2028 will be called off, and the Brisbane games will probably never even get halfway through preparation before Brisbane calls it quits.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My tears flow like a river for Japan.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

I wonder how much revenue the advertising sponsors are losing due to people not watching the Olympics and/or deciding to boycott the companies advertising.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.