Author Topic: Texas Starts Jailing Illegal Aliens on State Charges of Trespassing  (Read 918 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas Starts Jailing Illegal Aliens on State Charges of Trespassing
By Eric Lendrum
July 23, 2021

Texas authorities announced on Thursday that state law enforcement has begun the process of arresting and jailing illegal aliens who cross the border on state trespassing charges, in a new effort to crack down on illegal immigration where the federal government is failing to do so, ABC News reports.

This latest step follows up on the promises of Governor Greg Abbott (R-Texas), who first vowed in June to step up enforcement of immigration laws in the state in direct response to the Biden Administration’s open-borders approach. Abbott also declared that the state would continue building the border wall that was started by President Donald Trump, on which Biden had halted construction after taking power.

The arrested illegals are being detained at a state prison in the city of Dilley, roughly 100 miles north of the border. All of the illegals who have been arrested thus far are single adult men, who are the most likely to be a threat to society. The prison in question is capable of holding up to 950 illegals, but Abbott said in a visit to the border on Saturday that “the state jail commission has worked out a way to jail far more people than are currently being jailed.”

Abbott’s efforts, supported by President Trump, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.), and others, represent the systematic resistance at the state level to Biden’s widely unpopular immigration policies. As a candidate in the 2020 election, Biden explicitly promised that his administration would stop enforcing immigration laws and allow illegals to freely pour into the country, while also promising to give them taxpayer-funded benefits such as free healthcare and free education. As a result, the United States has seen a record surge in illegal aliens coming across the border, which has directly led to an equally massive spike in crime across the country.

https://amgreatness.com/2021/07/23/texas-starts-jailing-illegal-aliens-on-state-charges-of-trespassing/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Re: Texas Starts Jailing Illegal Aliens on State Charges of Trespassing
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 02:04:39 pm »
Good.

Online rustynail

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 02:21:23 pm »
Biden can not let this stand.  He must free those jailed.  Should be interesting.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 02:27:30 pm »
Biden can not let this stand.  He must free those jailed.  Should be interesting.
No kidding. His administration is busy selling the narrative illegals are the epitome of Americanism.

When Biden intervenes in Texas the media will be unable to resist bragging on it. And it will not accrue to his popularity.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 08:03:08 pm »
So I wonder what could Biden do that would let the illegals subvert the state law?

In my mind, the problem with illegals being in Texas and performing criminal acts is not as much the responsibility of the feds but of the state and local authorities, who have a duty to Texas citizens to ensure state laws are enforced.

If a rape occurs or a theft occurs by an illegal, I look first to state and local to remedy, not the feds.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 08:15:33 pm »
So I wonder what could Biden do that would let the illegals subvert the state law?

In my mind, the problem with illegals being in Texas and performing criminal acts is not as much the responsibility of the feds but of the state and local authorities, who have a duty to Texas citizens to ensure state laws are enforced.

If a rape occurs or a theft occurs by an illegal, I look first to state and local to remedy, not the feds.

Probably by demanding that they be turned over to the federal government for violating the immigration laws, and then promptly releasing them once they've gotten them out of Texas.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2021, 08:19:24 pm »
They'll quietly be released in a few days.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2021, 10:47:42 pm »
Probably by demanding that they be turned over to the federal government for violating the immigration laws, and then promptly releasing them once they've gotten them out of Texas.
Let them pound sand.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline AARguy

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2021, 12:07:18 am »
YAY TEXAS! GO ABBOTT!!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2021, 12:21:44 am »

What I'm not understanding is why keep illegals in our jails?  Return them to Mexico and BILL Mexico for the cost!!  Let them deal with their problem.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.