Author Topic: Taliban overtakes districts in northern Afghanistan  (Read 857 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Taliban overtakes districts in northern Afghanistan
« on: July 04, 2021, 05:37:45 pm »
Taliban overtakes districts in northern Afghanistan
By Celine Castronuovo - 07/04/21 01:27 PM EDT

Several of Afghanistan’s northern districts were taken by the Taliban overnight Saturday as U.S. forces continued withdraw from the region.

Tajikistan’s State Committee for National Security said Sunday that more than 300 Afghan military personnel had crossed into Tajikistan while fleeing Taliban fighters advancing in Afghanistan's northeast Badakhshan province, according to The Associated Press.

Mohib-ul Rahman, a Badakhshan council member, told the AP that the Taliban’s recent gains in the area have largely resulted from low morale among outnumbered Afghan troops.

“Unfortunately, the majority of the districts were left to the Taliban without any fight,” he added, saying that eight out of 10 districts in the last three days fell to Taliban control without much resistance. 

According to the AP, the Taliban has now taken control over about a third of the 421 total districts and district centers in the country.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/561526-taliban-overtakes-districts-in-northern-afghanistan
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Taliban overtakes districts in northern Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 05:41:09 pm »
They had 20 years to get their s___ together.

Bye bye!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 05:41:56 pm »
They had 20 years to get their s___ together.

Bye bye!

A frick'n Men
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 05:42:21 pm »
Gee, should we be surprised?   With Joe's open border policies, this is another concerning issue.  IMO, it's just a matter of time before we are fighting on our own soil.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 05:43:35 pm »
Taints every American life lost in that septic hell hole.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 08:54:42 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2021, 05:49:40 pm »
Ten years ago I still believed in the old saying.. "We broke it. We fix it."   But anymore I have come to the realization that that third world shithole (of all the worlds shitholes) can never be fixed and we didn't break it. 

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2021, 05:52:36 pm »
Ten years ago I still believed in the old saying.. "We broke it. We fix it."   But anymore I have come to the realization that that third world shithole (of all the worlds shitholes) can never be fixed and we didn't break it.

We came an eyelash away from permanent energy independence and the ability to never ever to have to send another soldier to the middle east.  Makes me nauseous thinking about it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2021, 06:01:22 pm »
We came an eyelash away from permanent energy independence and the ability to never ever to have to send another soldier to the middle east.  Makes me nauseous thinking about it.

:amen:      :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2021, 08:31:13 pm »
"Taliban overtakes districts in northern Afghanistan"

That didn't take long.
Shades of Vietnam, 1975.

The Afghan "government" and "army" are collapsing faster than condo towers in Miami.
Guess they weren't built upon much of "a solid foundation", either.
Corruption more corrosive than salt water...

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2021, 08:33:40 pm »
"Taliban overtakes districts in northern Afghanistan"

That didn't take long.
Shades of Vietnam, 1975.

The Afghan "government" and "army" are collapsing faster than condo towers in Miami.
Guess they weren't built upon much of "a solid foundation", either.
Corruption more corrosive than salt water...

Agree.  When Biden pulls the plug September 11th, we need tons of photos.  Make that SOB drown in that defeat for the '22 and '24 election.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2021, 08:42:29 pm »
Taints every American live lost in that septic hell hole.

The large majority of which occurred while Biden was VP.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2021, 01:50:39 pm »
‘They will behead us all’: Plight of Afghan helpers grows more desperate in the face of unrelenting Taliban onslaught

by Jamie McIntyre, Senior Writer

July 06, 2021 07:17 AM

‘They will behead us all’: Plight of Afghan helpers grows more desperate in the face of unrelenting Taliban onslaught
Russia's Sergey Lavrov 'worried' about terror threats from Afghanistan despite past calls for US withdrawal
‘THEY WILL KILL US’: While Americans were celebrating over the three-day Independence Day weekend, the Taliban were making more battlefield gains in Afghanistan, sending chills through thousands of Afghans who worked for the U.S. military over the years and now fear deadly retribution if the Taliban take power.

“I'm hiding right now,” a former interpreter for the United States told ABC News in an interview that aired Sunday. “If they take over Kabul, then they will come, and they will behead us all. They will kill us.”

Overnight Sunday into Monday, Taliban fighters took control of large areas of the northern province of Badakhshan, which borders Tajikistan, forcing 1,037 Afghan troops to flee across the border to safety, according to the Tajik state-run news agency Khovar.

A map of Taliban gains updated yesterday by the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies shows a shrinking island of government-held territory in the center of the country around the capital Kabul, surrounded by a vast sea of districts either controlled or contested by the Taliban.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/they-will-behead-us-all-plight-of-afghan-helpers-grows-more-desperate-in-the-face-of-unrelenting-taliban-onslaught
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2021, 02:34:10 pm »

by Jamie McIntyre, Senior Writer

July 06, 2021 07:17 AM

Russia's Sergey Lavrov 'worried' about terror threats from Afghanistan despite past calls for US withdrawal
‘THEY WILL KILL US’: While Americans were celebrating over the three-day Independence Day weekend, the Taliban were making more battlefield gains in Afghanistan, sending chills through thousands of Afghans who worked for the U.S. military over the years and now fear deadly retribution if the Taliban take power.

“I'm hiding right now,” a former interpreter for the United States told ABC News in an interview that aired Sunday. “If they take over Kabul, then they will come, and they will behead us all. They will kill us.”

Overnight Sunday into Monday, Taliban fighters took control of large areas of the northern province of Badakhshan, which borders Tajikistan, forcing 1,037 Afghan troops to flee across the border to safety, according to the Tajik state-run news agency Khovar.

A map of Taliban gains updated yesterday by the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies shows a shrinking island of government-held territory in the center of the country around the capital Kabul, surrounded by a vast sea of districts either controlled or contested by the Taliban.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/they-will-behead-us-all-plight-of-afghan-helpers-grows-more-desperate-in-the-face-of-unrelenting-taliban-onslaught

The Russians are welcome to have it.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2021, 02:41:24 pm »
The Russians are welcome to have it.

Won't be the first nor last Freedom Fighters that our polticians have thrown under the bus.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2021, 03:19:14 pm »
Won't be the first nor last Freedom Fighters that our polticians have thrown under the bus.

Osama Bin Laden at one time was one of those "Freedom Fighters".

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2021, 03:32:56 pm »
It's cute some people still think the "government" in Afghanistan isn't already Taliban.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online rustynail

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2021, 03:39:18 pm »
China makes its move on Afghanistan: Beijing prepares to fill the vacuum left by Biden's premature military exit from the nation with $62B investment plan for its 'Belt and Road' program

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9755531/China-prepares-Afghanistan-following-Americas-departure-Belt-Road-program.html

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2021, 03:44:46 pm »
China makes its move on Afghanistan: Beijing prepares to fill the vacuum left by Biden's premature military exit from the nation with $62B investment plan for its 'Belt and Road' program

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9755531/China-prepares-Afghanistan-following-Americas-departure-Belt-Road-program.html

Good luck with all that.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2021, 04:09:20 pm »

I think it's a good idea.  Their time for a turn at that tar baby.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2021, 04:25:42 pm »
I think it's a good idea.  Their time for a turn at that tar baby.

Go Genghis Khan on them. 

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2021, 04:34:33 pm »

Go Genghis Khan on them.

With Chinese overpopulation, they could Expat about 100M of them pretty easily.