Author Topic: Mandatory vaccination for college students is a travesty  (Read 2097 times)

Offline Hoodat

Mandatory vaccination for college students is a travesty
« on: June 27, 2021, 09:03:16 pm »
Mandatory vaccination for college students is a travesty

Thomas Lifson   |   June 27,2021

Many, if not most, colleges and universities are requiring students to be vaccinated before resuming classes in the fall.  The two largest university systems in the country, California State University and the University of California, both have mandatory vaccination policies.

But we have data that show this policy inflicts more harm than good on the young age cohort that attends college. Sundance at The Last Refuge explains:

According to the CDC data for every 100,000 young people vaccinated 700 will require medical care and 200 will be hospitalized.  Put another way, 200 young people will suffer side-effects that require hospitalization for every 100,000 vaccinations administered.  However, also according to the CDC data, the CDC estimates that only about 50 out of 100,000 adolescents have EVER been hospitalized for Covid-related illness.

Four times the rate of hospitalization for vaccine side effects than for the virus itself. This is a classic case of the cure being worse than the disease, though we are finding other examples of this, including the horrendous cost of unnecessary lockdowns and school closures.  .  .  .

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/06/mandatory_vaccination_for_college_students_is_a_travesty.html

In the past, the decision to offer a vaccine has been weighed against the negative effects of taking that vaccine.  Today, this type of risk analysis has been completely done away with.  Vaccines are being crammed down our throats with zero consideration for their effectiveness, much less the effect it can have on those receiving them.  Big Pharma has taken control of our government health sector.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Mandatory vaccination for college students is a travesty
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 09:26:51 pm »
That's all fine and good as long as we blatantly ignore the role those same college students had in superspreading the virus and kicking off the second wave last winter.

And citing sundance is probably the worst source, outside of Jim Hoft, you could rely upon. His math comparing adverse reactions per vaccination to hospitalizations per the entire population regardless of whether they've been exposed or not is dishonest.

I mean, we have a shot from Johnson & Johnson that, for men, the risk of serious adverse effects is practically zero. I know. I had it. We know that both the Pfizer and Moderna shots trigger stronger immune responses. Novavax is in the pipeline and from what I've seen, it has even more efficacy than Pfizer and Moderna, but with far fewer side effects.

But I see the same trolls who foisted Donald Trump upon us during the 2016 primaries now pushing anti-vaxxer propaganda—and I can't help thinking there is some nefarious false-flag machinations going on behind the scenes.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 12:25:00 am »
@jmyrlefuller

Uh, that wasn't anti-vaxer propaganda.  Those numbers came from the CDC.  If you want a vaccination, no one is standing in your way.  But on the flip side, no one should be mandating vaccines either.  And it is just plain wrong to force someone to accept a procedure that is four times more likely to put one in the hospital than not getting the procedure at all.

And for college kids bearing responsible for the second wave last winter, are you referring to the study from Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering?  In that study, less than half of the 30 towns studied experienced a hike in cases.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 01:24:31 am »
...to force someone to accept a procedure that is four times more likely to put one in the hospital than not getting the procedure at all...

Will you help me with a link to understand that claim?

@Hoodat
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 01:46:49 am »
Will you help me with a link to understand that claim?

@Hoodat

The part about heart problems is discussed here...

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/vaccines-reasons-for-concern-569
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 02:09:09 am »
@thackney

According to CDC, the rate for adolescent hospitalization from Covid fluctuated between 0.6 and 2.1 for every 100,000 cases in 2021.  For the sake of argument, let's assume 1.5.  https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7023e1.htm

For the first quarter, there were 204 hospitalizations and zero deaths.

I had seen the CDC numbers on vaccine risk somewhere on this board, but can't remember where.  I believe the numbers were 2 deaths and 24 hospitalizations.  I can't (and won't) vouch for the numbers in the lead article.  The source is given there.  Have at it.

Now where the real number crunch comes in is where you consider people who never would have contracted the virus, but still endured the risk of the vaccine.  Hard to do with only 30 days of trials.  But the CDC already acknowledges that people in this age group exhibit a far lower risk of infection than the general population.  They also acknowledge a far higher number of adverse reactions from it than is normally seen in other viruses.  Which to me indicates that they are not taking into account the safety of these children, but are instead getting them vaccinated to protect the adults - an argument that has already been made indirectly on this thread.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 11:06:48 am »
The heart problems can also occur from getting Covid.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2021, 11:24:34 am »
But the CDC already acknowledges that people in this age group exhibit a far lower risk of infection than the general population.
That's not even remotely close to being true. Low risk of adverse effects, yes, but they are among the most heavily affected by infections, contrary to your claims. And this goes worldwide. Twentysomethings are among the most responsible for the crisis as we know it.

Offline thackney

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2021, 11:36:39 am »
But the CDC already acknowledges that people in this age group exhibit a far lower risk of infection than the general population.

That one is false.  Lower risk of a case severe enough to need hospitalization and much lower risk of death than those older, but the same risk of infection.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/investigations-discovery/hospitalization-death-by-age.html
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2021, 11:48:44 am »
The issue isn't whether Gen Z can get sick, it's making them choose between continuing their education or getting injected. A college near us is making it mandatory. Another, in response, has announced it will not require it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2021, 02:13:33 pm »
That's not even remotely close to being true. Low risk of adverse effects, yes, but they are among the most heavily affected by infections, contrary to your claims. And this goes worldwide. Twentysomethings are among the most responsible for the crisis as we know it.

@jmyrlefuller @thackney

I should have said 'risk from infection' instead of 'risk of infection'.  My bad.

Offline rustynail

Offline mountaineer

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2021, 06:14:37 pm »

A college education is a privilege, not a right.

A college campus is a community.  The college is morally and legally responsible for providing a safe environment for all students and staff.

The needs of the many, outweight the needs of the few or one.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2021, 06:20:16 pm »
In The Wrath of Khan (1982), well-known virus expert Spock says, "Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

Offline rustynail

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2021, 06:31:02 pm »
#clotshot

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2021, 11:05:40 pm »
The issue isn't whether Gen Z can get sick, it's making them choose between continuing their education or getting injected. A college near us is making it mandatory. Another, in response, has announced it will not require it.
Making them choose between continuing the pandemic and ending it. I don't blame the colleges for taking responsibility and not letting their students choose "continue to make everyone around them sick because they have no self-control."

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2021, 11:11:26 pm »
Making them choose between continuing the pandemic and ending it. I don't blame the colleges for taking responsibility and not letting their students choose "continue to make everyone around them sick because they have no self-control."

See?  This is the type of non-rational bullshit that pisses me off.  If everyone around them is vaccinated, then they won't get sick.  Duh. 

Either your vaccine works, or it doesn't.  If it works, then it won't matter how many sick kids you come in contact with.  If it doesn't work, then no one should get vaccinated.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2021, 11:17:51 pm »
Joe College is making no such choice.

Offline art.prout

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2021, 11:43:44 pm »
Joe College is making no such choice.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2021, 12:06:13 am »
See?  This is the type of non-rational bullshit that pisses me off.  If everyone around them is vaccinated, then they won't get sick.  Duh. 

Either your vaccine works, or it doesn't.  If it works, then it won't matter how many sick kids you come in contact with.  If it doesn't work, then no one should get vaccinated.

Right, either the vaccine works or it doesn't. I'm tired of the b.s. At first we were told masks were ineffective and now the mask mandates continues.  At first we were told that our youth wouldn't be affected by the virus and now they are mandating that they be vaccinated. We were told that the vaccine would be effective with little side effects; people are dying and people who are vaccinated are still getting COVID.  We were told that to flatten the curve we needed to shutdown everything for 30 days turned in to months and the a year for some states, social distancing of 4 ft., then 6 ft., some states are social distancing and some states are considering shutting down again because of Delta.

All I can say is, what the FAUCI?  I'm not buying what they continue to try to sell.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 12:08:02 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2021, 03:28:13 pm »
... We were told that the vaccine would be effective with little side effects; people are dying and people who are vaccinated are still getting COVID. ...

Someone already tried to guilt-trip me for pointing this out, but when serious side-effects are in the range of .009% of vaccine recipients, "with little side effects" is accurate, if not over-stating the degree of side-effects. Welcome to the real world!

"Breakthrough infections" are such a well know phenomenon that the term was coined long before Covid came around. Even if one ignores the fact that many new cases in the US since vaccinations first began in mid December, the plummet in daily new Covid cases here, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ , demonstrates that the vaccines have been effective. So as for breakthrough infections, welcome to the real world.

Also, three vaccines are in use in the US, not one. Three different vaccines from three different companies based on two different technologies.

Choose to get vaccinated or not as you wish (I have never supported mandatory general vaccinations), but at least be accurately informed.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2021, 08:24:18 pm »
A Fishrrman modestly-fearless prediction:
So long as the communists remain in control (as they are now), mandatory vaccinations are an idea that -- if not yet here -- soon will be.

The options will be
- get the shot(s),
or
- have your life made quite miserable.

Choose.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2021, 08:53:57 pm »
The options will be
- get the shot(s),
or
- have your life made quite miserable.

Choose.