Author Topic: Ex-Make-A-Wish Iowa CEO admits to stealing funds meant for sick kids  (Read 360 times)

Offline libertybele

I find this unfathomable; how can anyone steal from a sick or dying child?  I have tears thinking about these poor kids and a foundation that gives them their dying wish ... and this azzhat takes the $$ needed.  Her attorney is asking for a deferred sentence? 5 years probation?  If I were the judge ... there would be no way!

Ex-Make-A-Wish Iowa CEO admits to stealing funds meant for sick kids

The former CEO of Make-A-Wish Iowa has pleaded guilty to charges of embezzling tens of thousands of dollars meant to help sick and dying children.

Jennifer Woodley admitted in a written guilty plea last week to the unauthorized use of a credit card for the months-long theft, which began in the summer of 2019.

Woodley, 40, who became president of the Iowa chapter in August 2019, also admitted to giving herself an unapproved bonus and salary increases, and to making false entries in foundation records to cover those expenses.

She pleaded guilty to two counts of first-degree theft and one count of fraudulent practices, all felonies. Under a plea agreement, prosecutors will recommend a sentence of five years of probation, along with fines and restitution, which have yet to be set.

A sentencing hearing is scheduled for July 20.

Woodley’s attorney, Nicholas Sarcone, said he would ask for a deferred judgment at sentencing. If granted, that means the case would be expunged from her record, so long as Woodley completes her probation and the other parts of her sentence.

Two months after Woodley became CEO of the organization, she granted herself a $10,000 bonus that wasn’t approved by the group’s board, according to the criminal complaint.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ex-make-a-wish-iowa-ceo-stealing-funds

Online rustynail

Re: Ex-Make-A-Wish Iowa CEO admits to stealing funds meant for sick kids
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 08:57:51 pm »
Millstone, sea.  Luke 17:2.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Re: Ex-Make-A-Wish Iowa CEO admits to stealing funds meant for sick kids
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 09:16:15 pm »
Does the company get to impound her house and her cars and her other houses and her other cars and her retirement portfolio to make up for the loss and set an example for others?

One of the punishments for high-level embezzlement should be poverty, as well as prison.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline libertybele