Author Topic: The New Secession Crisis  (Read 363 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The New Secession Crisis
« on: June 02, 2021, 07:36:29 pm »
The New Secession Crisis
The Democrats have already left the Union.
By Jeremy Carl
June 1, 2021

It was appropriate that news of the Democrats’ plans to pack the Supreme Court broke in April, just a couple days after the 160th anniversary of the Confederate attack on Fort Sumter, the shots that began the Civil War.

Unlike President James Buchanan, who dithered in responding to obvious Confederate aggression, the newly inaugurated Abraham Lincoln acted decisively upon taking office. He informed South Carolina Governor Francis Pickens that he would be resupplying the fort, forcing South Carolina’s hand. Lincoln’s actions did not start the war—they made it clear that war was already underway. From that point on, Americans, even those who had previously wished to ignore what was staring them in the face, were awakened to the reality of their situation.

The dispute between Lincoln and Pickens that led to the attack on Fort Sumter was not simply a political struggle over who should control the regime but a larger political struggle over which regime it would be. Ultimately, it was a question of whether we would be a nation for free citizens or one that held men and women in bondage.

Today’s Republicans, like Lincoln, find themselves in a regime-level conflict with the Democrats. The Democrats are firing again and again on our Constitutional order, our history, and our traditions—our metaphorical Fort Sumter, if you will—but unlike our forebear Lincoln, our elected leadership seems either to be aiding the insurgent Left or, at best, feebly invoking constitutional provisions and principles, as if our opponents have shown that their behavior can be in any way constrained by these things. We need to channel the spirit of Lincoln rather than Buchanan to win this struggle.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2021/06/01/the-new-secession-crisis/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: The New Secession Crisis
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 08:16:20 pm »
Today's political climate does have an 1860's feel to it.  What in the not too distant past constituted simple friendly  disagreements has turned into full discourse.

I know personally, I have totatlly uncoupled any contact or friendship of any I knew with strong left leanings. They and their ilk are now the enemy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 09:01:03 pm »
The Liberal Dems have a revolutionary mentality - the end justifies the means.  Shoving Obamacare down America's throat by 1 vote during Budget Reconciliation is an example.

For the Great Experiment that is American government, the means is the end.

The Dems may not have a choice because Old Man McConnell plans to take his ball and go home for the next 4 years.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 09:05:24 pm »
IT WILL COME TO 'NO CHOICE' EVENTUALLY.

As Biden's Communist Controllers continue their relentless pogrom against all White people and everything American, eventually(soon) there will come a time when all American States are struggling with sourcing food and fuel. However, only Democrat run States will receive any kind of assistance from the Federal Government. At that point, the Federal Government becomes more than just a 'liability', as they are now, and transforms in to a Feudal system whereby money and resources are confiscated from some States, and given to 'preferred Noble States' which are in-bed with the government.

There is coming a time when States like Texas and Florida, and many others, will have to declare independence simply for survival, and the health and welfare of their people as the Federal Government becomes more aggressive and more and more abusive to Americans they simply do not like. I believe it is coming whether the politicians want it or not.

Secession is quickly becoming a health, welfare, and even a survival issue. Either that or we acquiesce to living like Cuba and Venezuela, while Washington D.C. is awash with our money, doling it out to their friends and family.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 09:08:04 pm »
While it refers to secession, the article itself reads more like the Declaration's list of "causes which impel them to the separation."

And I find the author's understanding of secession flawed.  Whatever was the basis of the Confederates' grievance, they did not wish to control the United States, they wished to leave them.
James 1:20

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2021, 09:32:13 pm »
The Liberal Dems have a revolutionary mentality - the end justifies the means.  Shoving Obamacare down America's throat by 1 vote during Budget Reconciliation is an example.

For the Great Experiment that is American government, the means is the end.

The Dems may not have a choice because Old Man McConnell plans to take his ball and go home for the next 4 years.

Not to forget that the "one vote" was the vote of Al Groper Franken, who had lost the election but mysteriously found enough car-trunk ballots to steal the seat away from the Republican victor.

Never forget that the Rodents have been stealing elections to thwart the will of the Americans for the 160 years since they lost the Civil War they started.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 09:38:50 pm »
While it refers to secession, the article itself reads more like the Declaration's list of "causes which impel them to the separation."

And I find the author's understanding of secession flawed.  Whatever was the basis of the Confederates' grievance, they did not wish to control the United States, they wished to leave them.

The Rodents of the time wanted to force every state and every territory to accept and defend slavery, or they'd hold their breath until it happened.

When they forced their loss of the 1860 election, they had backed themselves into a corner they lacked the maturity to talk their way out of...they'd have to give up the idea of forcing others to accept slavery, and decided to shoot their way out of their predicament.

No state has the "right" to secede from the Union, so they started a war they could not win.

Yeah, I know I'm now going to hear an awful lot of outraged blather about the Tenth Amendment and all that crappola, but there's not one word in the Constitution authorizing any state government to withdraw from the people of the United States living in that state's boundaries the protection of the Constitution...so whoever says any garbage about the "right" to secede is just talking out their Obama.   Anyone arguing in favor of secession won't be able to prove their point, because they're wrong, so they should save their emotions because they cannot refute what I just said.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 09:40:42 pm by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2021, 10:13:05 pm »
The Rodents of the time wanted to force every state and every territory to accept and defend slavery, or they'd hold their breath until it happened.
My argument is against this part of the article :
The dispute between Lincoln and Pickens that led to the attack on Fort Sumter was not simply a political struggle over who should control the regime but a larger political struggle over which regime it would be.
Firing on Fort Sumter was an incredibly stupid and rash thing to do, but in no sense was South Carolina attempting to "control the regime" of the United States, nor were the later Confederates.  But the author here is no more guilty of mis-representing the past than were many, many other authors who preceded him.  I remember well one of my grad school drinking buddies, who hailed from Michigan, speculating over a pitcher one night in the local bar "Just think, if the South had won the Civil War, the national anthem would be 'Dixie'".  It made very clear for me what a distortion had been taught to multiple generations, that the Confederates were fighting for control not only of their own states, but of all the others as well.

If you're arguing that the antebellum southern Ds wanted the Fugitive Slave Law enforced and slavery in territories south of 36o30', and that they tried to force slavery into "Bleeding Kansas" despite the Missouri Compromise of 1850, I'll certainly agree.  But that's not wanting to "force every state and every territory to accept and defend slavery", so I'll appreciate a reference.  Perhaps you will cite the attempt to re-introduce legal slavery to New York state or Massachusetts.
James 1:20

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2021, 11:18:29 pm »
Also from the original article:
"This does not mean we should forgo our work within the current system, but we must acknowledge that whether we wish it to or not, the regime as constituted may not long endure in its current form, and we must prepare ourselves accordingly.

The Democrats have already seceded from America’s historic conception of nationhood in many respects:
THEY have attacked, on a relentless and increasingly hysterical basis, white Americans, who as the overwhelming majority population, were the primary developers of America’s cultural, intellectual, and political heritage...
THEY have occupied our nation’s capital with thousands of troops as if the American people were a foreign foe.
THEY have engaged in bureaucratic and judicial nullification of our laws, particularly on immigration—perhaps the most important element in determining who makes up the American polity.
THEY have campaigned for decades to neuter the Second Amendment and disarm Americans
THEY have attacked us through their Big Tech proxies, damaging our ability to speak freely in the new public square
THEY have pursued race-based reparations/wealth confiscation from one set of Americans to another based purely on skin color in blatant contradiction of the Constitution’s promise of equal protection under the laws
THEY have turned the media into a propaganda arm of the ruling political party
THEY have used instruments of the state such as the IRS (under Lois Lerner) the FBI (Russiagate) and the Department of Defense (attacking Tucker Carlson) and numerous other agencies to attack political opponents
THEY have blatantly rigged the election process
THEY have erased our history
THEY have corrupted our jury system
THEY have attempted, most importantly, to change our fundamental structures of governance."

Gee...
Almost sounds like something out of "the New Declaration" to me...

Entire article is worth reading.