Author Topic: DeSantis slams Biden's idea of reinstating lockdowns as 'insane,' vows no more shutdowns in Florida  (Read 408 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
DeSantis slams Biden's idea of reinstating lockdowns as 'insane,' vows no more shutdowns in Florida

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis blasted President Joe Biden's threat of potentially reinstating coronavirus shutdowns. DeSantis promised that he would not put the Sunshine State back in coronavirus pandemic lockdowns.

During Biden's address to the nation on the one-year anniversary of the start of the COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns, the president warned that the United States could reestablish shutdowns if Americans "don't stay vigilant."

"Unity is what we do together as fellow Americans, because if we don't stay vigilant and the conditions change, then we may have to reinstate restrictions to get back on track," Biden said on Thursday.

"Please, we don't want to do that again. We've made so much progress," Biden added. "This is not the time to let up, just as we were emerging from a dark winter into a hopeful spring and summer is not the time to not stick with the rules."

DeSantis, who was one of the first U.S. governors to reopen his state, bashed Biden's notion of reinstating lockdown measures.

"To even contemplate doing any type of lockdown, honestly it's insane," DeSantis said during a press conference in Florida.

DeSantis then promised the residents and businesses that he would not close the state because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

"That's not gonna happen in the state of Florida," the Republican governor of Florida said. "We're gonna continue doing what works, but under no circumstances would we entertain anything of the sort."..............

https://www.conservativereview.com/desantis-slams-bidens-idea-of-reinstating-lockdowns-as-insane-vows-no-more-shutdowns-in-florida-2651053998.html
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.