Author Topic: Bill Gates’ plan to remake food systems by increasing crop yields will do more harm than good  (Read 245 times)

rangerrebew

Bill Gates’ plan to remake food systems by increasing crop yields will do more harm than good

03/03/2021 / By Ramon Tomey

An investigative research group has pointed out that Microsoft founder Bill Gates’ plan of a “Green Revolution” in Africa will do more harm than good. Public health group U.S. Right To Know (USRTK) said Gates is pushing to model Africa’s food systems after that of India’s in order to address rampant hunger in the continent. But the promotion of a Green Revolution through industrial agriculture in India has harmed both the ecosystem and worsened the predicament of smallholder farmers.

In a Feb. 25 piece, USRTK Co-Founder and Managing Editor Stacy Malkan cited Gates’ plans to model African farming after that of India. The Microsoft founder wrote in his book How to Avoid a Climate Disaster: “If we can help poor farmers raise their crop yields, they’ll earn more money and have more to eat. [Millions] of people in some of the world’s poorest countries will be able to get more food and the nutrients they need.” He asserted that the only thing preventing a similar Green Revolution in Africa is the fact that most farmers cannot buy fertilizers.

Malkan remarked that Gates failed to mention that hunger is largely caused by poverty and inequality. She also pointed out the Microsoft founder’s apparent ignorance of the Green Revolution’s detrimental legacy in India. Aside from the damage it caused to the ecosystem, it worsened the predicament of small farmers – who have taken to the streets to air their grievances.

https://www.climate.news/2021-03-03-bill-gates-remake-food-systems-more-harm.html#

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Crop yields can be increased by:

- genetically modified organisms
- increased water use
- increased use of chemicals

It's not easy being a pawn in the elites' utopian plans.  Do Africans get to vote on it?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline roamer_1

He asserted that the only thing preventing a similar Green Revolution in Africa is the fact that most farmers cannot buy fertilizers.

No, if one has animals, one has fertilizer. The problem is mismanagement... Something a computer geek has no business messing with. What they need is farmers, not geeks

Malkan remarked that Gates failed to mention that hunger is largely caused by poverty and inequality.

No, it is largely caused by war and Mohammedanism.

What they need is peace. And farmers.

Offline Joe Wooten

Government corruption and deliberate policies to starve recalcitrant citizens into submission causes ALL of the starvation nowadays

rangerrebew

Since he owns more farming land than anyone else, I'm sure he'll be willing to offer it for testing ---- at the right price. :whistle: