Author Topic: Pelosi: Officers who protected Capitol will get Congressional Gold Medal  (Read 243 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi: Officers who protected Capitol will get Congressional Gold Medal
By Mike Lillis and Cristina Marcos - 02/11/21 11:29 AM EST

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) announced Thursday that Democrats will soon grant the Congressional Gold Medal to the officers on duty guarding the Capitol when it was attacked on Jan. 6.

In a Dear Colleague letter, Pelosi praised those officers — members of the Capitol Police, the D.C. Metro Police and others — as heroes deserving Congress's highest civilian honor.

"That day, those men and women risked and gave their lives to save ours, becoming martyrs for our democracy," she wrote.

"The outstanding heroism and patriotism of our heroes and demand our deepest appreciation. ... We must never forget the sacrifice of Officer Brian Sicknick, Officer Howard Liebengood, MDP Officer Jeffrey Smith and the more than 50 USCP who sustained serious injuries, or the courage of the heroes such as Officer Eugene Goodman."

Pelosi is asking those Democrats interested in endorsing the legislation to sign on. She did not reveal a timeline for acting on the measure.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/538421-pelosi-officers-who-protected-capitol-will-get-congressional-gold-medal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Pelosi: Officers who protected Capitol will get Congressional Gold Medal
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 06:40:12 pm »
Does that include the ones that gave access to the protestors? :pondering:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 06:44:09 pm »
Well, at least we will finally find out who did this to Ashli Bennett....

« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 06:45:21 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 06:49:30 pm »
Well, at least we will finally find out who did this to Ashli Bennett....

I'd wager that piece of $hit is in hiding or something akin to the Witness Protection Program...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 06:51:29 pm »
I'd wager that piece of $hit is in hiding or something akin to the Witness Protection Program...

Good chance.  They can't keep his name secret forever.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 07:23:29 pm »
Good chance.  They can't keep his name secret forever.
Wanna bet?

Do we know yet who killed Vince Foster?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 07:52:49 pm »
Wanna bet?

Do we know yet who killed Vince Foster?

Apples and oranges.  One's a LEO who shot a lady witnessed by dozens.

The other?  Allegedly by a hit man by the Clinton Crime Syndicate, unwitnessed, and staged as a suicide. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 08:27:35 pm »
I'm looking forward to the Netflix mini series. 15 episodes of the Great Capitol Hill Assault.

That'll be aired after the theatrical depiction, starring Robert De Niro as the grizzled but fatherly head of security.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 08:33:28 pm by skeeter »

Offline Millee

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2021, 08:35:30 pm »
Some cops are more equal than others.