Author Topic: This is no longer about Trumpers vs NT's or traditional conservatives.  (Read 4540 times)

Offline Mesaclone

Our political struggle has now moved on to a new phase in which it is genuinely the Fascism and censorship of the Left vs the belief in Free speech and fair elections on the Right. The article below is one of the best I've read since the election laying out just how the electoral system was corrupted to steal it from the President. But that, as grievous as it was, is no more than a symptom of the real disease. The disease itself is an alliance between the Left, journalism and Big Tech that seeks not to win the political argument...but to, in effect, end it. Their means is the controlling of information in terms of what is released, how it is presented, and the means by which some information is ignored and "debunked. It is brutally effective.

While we quibble over the import of balanced budgets and presidential tone...the Left is establishing a real world Oceania that controls all information via a Big Tech Ministry of Information. Individual issues matter, and balanced budgets are important...please do not think I'm dismissing such things...but they pale in magnitude next to the ongoing destruction of our Bill of Rights. All other fights must now take a back seat...the fight for our core rights is underway and Conservatives/Republicans cannot be fractured, distracted, nor can we aim our fire at one another. This is the fight of our generation...and we are losing, though I will not accept that we have yet lost.

For my part I'd like to extend an olive branch to folks like roamer...and even Jazz...and say that we must find a way to hang together...or Ben Franklin's old axiom will certainly apply to us all (If we do not hang together, we shall most assuredly hang separately!).

There has to be a way to unite the Right in the face of this kind of Socio-fascism...if Trump is not the answer as our 2024 candidate (though in any case his influence and contribution will be unavoidably important to whomever we do nominate for 2024), I'm open to anyone who might be able to bring our side together to defeat this Socio-fascistic tyranny. But who would that be?

Is Ted Cruz the answer?

https://amgreatness.com/2021/01/29/caught-with-their-hands-in-the-cookie-jar/
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 06:11:20 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline roamer_1

Re: This is no longer about Trumpers vs NT's or traditional conservatives.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 11:46:18 am »

[...]All other fights must now take a back seat...the fight for our core rights is underway and Conservatives/Republicans cannot be fractured, distracted, nor can we aim our fire at one another. This is the fight of our generation...and we are losing, though I will not accept that we have yet lost.

In a word... no. In fact, there has never been a more desperate time to align under the very things you would eschew

For my part I'd like to extend an olive branch to folks like roamer...and even Jazz...and say that we must find a way to hang together...or Ben Franklin's old axiom will certainly apply to us all (If we do not hang together, we shall most assuredly hang separately!).

That might've seemed more genuine with a courtesy ping.

There has to be a way to unite the Right in the face of this kind of Socio-fascism...if Trump is not the answer as our 2024 candidate (though in any case his influence and contribution will be unavoidably important to whomever we do nominate for 2024), I'm open to anyone who might be able to bring our side together to defeat this Socio-fascistic tyranny. But who would that be?

Is Ted Cruz the answer?

In fact there is - that is what the Principles of Conservatism are *for*. The intent and purpose for the Conservative Coalition is to unite Conservatives - We would not be in this position without folks compromising that pact -- Throwing factions under the bus for some stupid win or another, that NEVER winds up BEING a friggin actual win AT ALL.

You want my kind you will comply and support EVERY_SINGLE principle of the Right. Nobody goes under the bus. NOBODY.

Imagine what could have been done in the last 30 years had y'all not thrown the libertarians and the fiscal conservatives under the bus? What now would fill the halls of Congress, ready to fight?

The ONLY balm there is against the liberals IS the principles of Conservatism. I am their natural enemy, but folks like y'all keep taking the power away from my kind to chase after populist rainbows. So don't come to me asking me yet again to put aside the only thing that matters to follow after yet another populist pipe dream.

The only song I know is Conservatism, and the only clarion call I will hear will come from beneath an authentic and verified Conservative banner. That is the only ensign you need raise. And the only one that will do.

As for Cruz, He has terribly damaged himself in the last four years. And the Tumpsters hate him still.

I might be convinced to pull the lever for him, depending upon him getting his groove back, but I doubt that now. It would take quite a bit for him to prove himself again to me. And there are precious few left who have not been defamed by Tump and ushered out of politics though his magical appointment revolving door...

So I don't believe unity is possible at this point. Tump's divisiveness has decimated Conservative ranks. There is little left to choose from. Find a Conservative governor from a deep red state with an impeccable record wrt conservatism, and maybe we'll talk.

@Mesaclone

And a ping to @Jazzhead , since the courtesy was not extended to him either.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 11:48:40 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 03:15:47 pm »
In a word... no. In fact, there has never been a more desperate time to align under the very things you would eschew

That might've seemed more genuine with a courtesy ping.

In fact there is - that is what the Principles of Conservatism are *for*. The intent and purpose for the Conservative Coalition is to unite Conservatives - We would not be in this position without folks compromising that pact -- Throwing factions under the bus for some stupid win or another, that NEVER winds up BEING a friggin actual win AT ALL.

You want my kind you will comply and support EVERY_SINGLE principle of the Right. Nobody goes under the bus. NOBODY.

Imagine what could have been done in the last 30 years had y'all not thrown the libertarians and the fiscal conservatives under the bus? What now would fill the halls of Congress, ready to fight?

The ONLY balm there is against the liberals IS the principles of Conservatism. I am their natural enemy, but folks like y'all keep taking the power away from my kind to chase after populist rainbows. So don't come to me asking me yet again to put aside the only thing that matters to follow after yet another populist pipe dream.

The only song I know is Conservatism, and the only clarion call I will hear will come from beneath an authentic and verified Conservative banner. That is the only ensign you need raise. And the only one that will do.

As for Cruz, He has terribly damaged himself in the last four years. And the Tumpsters hate him still.

I might be convinced to pull the lever for him, depending upon him getting his groove back, but I doubt that now. It would take quite a bit for him to prove himself again to me. And there are precious few left who have not been defamed by Tump and ushered out of politics though his magical appointment revolving door...

So I don't believe unity is possible at this point. Tump's divisiveness has decimated Conservative ranks. There is little left to choose from. Find a Conservative governor from a deep red state with an impeccable record wrt conservatism, and maybe we'll talk.

@Mesaclone

And a ping to @Jazzhead , since the courtesy was not extended to him either.

And that, as Yoda said, is why we fail.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 03:26:31 pm »
And that, as Yoda said, is why we fail.

Indeed it is. You will NEVER control the beast. It must be cut down to size - and ALL that will do that is libertarianism and fiscal conservatism. PERIOD.

And it is ALWAYS the thing left out of every hyphenated conservatism, to include Tumpism. Yet y'all go blindly running after messiahs and settling for any bullshit story they'll promise on the stump... But the only tools that stand a chance are already under the bus by inauguration day.

Have at it. No more for me. Until you rise on all fronts and endorse ONLY conservatives y'all will lose the very same as you have for the last several decades.

So have a nice day. call on me when you have something to offer.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 03:59:12 pm »
Indeed it is. You will NEVER control the beast. It must be cut down to size - and ALL that will do that is libertarianism and fiscal conservatism. PERIOD.

And it is ALWAYS the thing left out of every hyphenated conservatism, to include Tumpism. Yet y'all go blindly running after messiahs and settling for any bullshit story they'll promise on the stump... But the only tools that stand a chance are already under the bus by inauguration day.

Have at it. No more for me. Until you rise on all fronts and endorse ONLY conservatives y'all will lose the very same as you have for the last several decades.

So have a nice day. call on me when you have something to offer.

Again, you choose to ignore the salient point...while erecting straw men. The sign of a man who has no case he can articulately make, and believes himself too superior to need to try.

For the record, I only ever vote for conservatives...in fact, I voted for Reagan and Trump, two men who governed in the most conservative way of any two Presidents in my lifetime (Nixon being the first I recall well). I will never vote for a Romney/Bush/Kasich/McCain RINO...I vote only for those who I believe can and will push forward the most conservative policy that is politically possible. AKA, Reagan and Trump.

But even that is not the point. The point is that a party fractured, one that cannot compromise within itself enough to coalesce at the ballot box, is sure to lose every election. You embody such a party...too fractured and too stubborn...to work in concert with ANYONE who doesn't agree with you 100%. Your position in the face of Socio-fascistic takeover of the nation is "great, we can work together as long as all of you coalesce around the exact view I have of conservatism". Sad to tell you, no coalition works when its disparate parts adopt such a selfish, narrow minded, and self defeating view. You are free to do this...and clearly you WILL do so...but quit pretending others are the problem. YOU are the problem...and its not because you won't "compromise your values". Its because you lack the nobility to be part of a coalition...and without some compromise, forming any coalition is impossible. Without such a coalition, the Left owns America in perpetuity.

You seem to lack the vision and common sense to align with those who may disagree with you on a few issues but concur with you on the vast majority. Its sad to watch...and I'm foolish to even try to shed light on your strategically idiotic position...and yet here I am trying to reach out in a way that gives our side of the aisle a chance. I realize my ideological impurity makes me anathema to you, and so disqualifies in YOUR mind all that I'm saying...but the bottom line is YOU can't get ANY conservative elected when you are only willing to align with what amounts to, at best, 20% of the electorate. As I said...THAT is why you fail.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2021, 04:24:12 pm »
I recognize the issue regarding the left's alignment with Big Tech,  or perhaps it's the other way around,  and the threat that media-enforced cancel culture represents.   And I certainly depart from @roamer_1 with respect to the need to partner - to form coalitions with  -  independents and centrists and libertarians who aren't traditionally "conservative" but see things our way on America the melting pot of liberty and opportunity.

@Mesaclone,  I'm glad you're not speaking of the need for "purges" within Republican ranks,  or appear willing to waste time on third party vanity projects.   Biden speaks with forked tongue about unity,  but I am far more concerned about why Republicans aren't trumpeting it from the rooftops concerning themselves.   Sometimes unity can be best achieved by admitting error and, for the rest of us, like Lincoln acting with grace towards a defeated foe.

And what exactly is the policy response of conservatives to Big Tech?    Are they private businesses that can do as they see fit?   Can they and how should they be controlled by the regulatory power of government?     
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 04:31:57 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2021, 04:31:58 pm »
Here's some of the article:

Caught with Their Hands in the Cookie Jar
American Greatness, Jan 29, 2021, Jeremy Carl 

<snip>

Meanwhile, these same election riggers have launched a “domestic terrorism” witch hunt against Trump supporters, in a clear and obvious attempt to suppress political opposition to the new regime.

Like the child with his hand in the cookie jar, the more guilty the Democrats are of “winning” a blatantly rigged election versus Donald Trump, the louder they must scream about their noble crusade to save “democracy” from “fascism.”

As commentator Glenn Greenwald recently told Tucker Carlson, “They’re trying to harness corporate and monopoly power to silence everyone who disagrees with them, the very hallmark, the epitome of the fascism they claim to be fighting, but which in reality they embody.”

<snip>

Rigging All Around

The tech platforms were rigged. Facebook and Twitter deplatformed some of Trump’s most powerful and influential online supporters. Others, observing what happened to their comrades, self-censored. In the leadup to 2020, Reddit took down the most popular Donald Trump forums. The president’s statements were publicly challenged by the platforms and made difficult to share.

The New York Post, founded by Alexander Hamilton, had their explosive story on Hunter Biden censored and their account frozen by Twitter while Facebook censored it from newsfeeds. And of course, immediately after their successful coup, Big Tech dropped all pretense, banning the sitting president himself, and preventing him from talking to the American people from his most powerful communications channel.

The debates were rigged. The Presidential Debate Commission, as Bob Dole noted, had no Trump supporters on it. Yet we were supposed to assume the debates were “fair” despite the obvious bias in the moderators’ questions and subjects.

The public polls were rigged—and private pollsters were afraid to get crosswise of media polls. For the second straight election, Trump’s support was badly understated. These polls helped build a consensus narrative that was highly unfavorable to the president, which became self-fulfilling. Allegedly partisan GOP pollsters were more accurate.

The voting process was rigged. Numbers of rejected mail-in ballots were often an order of magnitude lower this year than in previous years. With mail-in voting being overwhelmingly done by Democrats, this was a tremendous partisan advantage. The extension of voting to weeks, rather than having it conducted only on Election Day or over a couple of days again helped the Democrats bring out their marginal voters. There were extensions of balloting before and beyond dates allowed in state constitutions. That’s to say nothing of ballot harvesting and ballot “curing” done on heretofore unprecedented scales.

The media was rigged. [...]

The handling of COVID was rigged. From “two weeks to slow the spread” transforming into months of lockdowns, to the fact that numerous re-openings of schools, businesses, and other public forums conveniently occurred shortly after Biden took office [...]

More: https://amgreatness.com/2021/01/29/caught-with-their-hands-in-the-cookie-jar/

« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 04:36:43 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2021, 04:34:51 pm »
A little more: 

It is also no coincidence that the Republican quislings—who have played so conveniently into the Democrats’ impeachment talking points and express outrage at the president’s election rhetoric—can’t seem to muster any outrage at all for any of the systemic rigging discussed above. It’s almost as if they are happier with the uniparty, where they can play the loveable “respected” losers in a Washington Generals-Harlem Globetrotters D.C. soap opera.

Given the numerous powers arrayed against us, we have one power left—what the great Czech dissident playwright and future prime minister Vaclav Havel called, “The Power of the Powerless.” We can refuse to live the lie the Democrats are attempting to force on us and in fact, “live in truth.” As we enter into four years of dissidence—living our lives as a real resistance, rather than the fake corporate-sponsored “resistance” of the Democrats in the Trump era, Havel’s call to live in truth, even against tremendous resistance from the corrupt establishment in both parties, will be become essential for us to embrace.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2021, 04:39:54 pm »
Again, you choose to ignore the salient point...while erecting straw men. The sign of a man who has no case he can articulately make, and believes himself too superior to need to try.

I ignored nothing.

For the record, I only ever vote for conservatives...in fact, I voted for Reagan and Trump, two men who governed in the most conservative way of any two Presidents in my lifetime (Nixon being the first I recall well). I will never vote for a Romney/Bush/Kasich/McCain RINO...I vote only for those who I believe can and will push forward the most conservative policy that is politically possible. AKA, Reagan and Trump.

Tump is not Conservative, nor did he govern conservatively.

But even that is not the point. The point is that a party fractured, one that cannot compromise within itself enough to coalesce at the ballot box, is sure to lose every election. You embody such a party...too fractured and too stubborn...to work in concert with ANYONE who doesn't agree with you 100%. Your position in the face of Socio-fascistic takeover of the nation is "great, we can work together as long as all of you coalesce around the exact view I have of conservatism". Sad to tell you, no coalition works when its disparate parts adopt such a selfish, narrow minded, and self defeating view. You are free to do this...and clearly you WILL do so...but quit pretending others are the problem. YOU are the problem...and its not because you won't "compromise your values". Its because you lack the nobility to be part of a coalition...and without some compromise, forming any coalition is impossible. Without such a coalition, the Left owns America in perpetuity.

See, I am already in a coalition. And it is nobility to preserve that coalition despite those who perpetually try to tear it apart. I made my promise in '80, and I ain't about to throw it out now.

You seem to lack the vision and common sense to align with those who may disagree with you on a few issues but concur with you on the vast majority. Its sad to watch...and I'm foolish to even try to shed light on your strategically idiotic position...and yet here I am trying to reach out in a way that gives our side of the aisle a chance. I realize my ideological impurity makes me anathema to you, and so disqualifies in YOUR mind all that I'm saying...but the bottom line is YOU can't get ANY conservative elected when you are only willing to align with what amounts to, at best, 20% of the electorate. As I said...THAT is why you fail.

There IS NO VISION that controls this government that stands outside of the original Conservative coalition. Everything that compromises that coalition does nothing good, and will certainly fail to do the only thing of purpose that I am interested in - As PROVEN for three decades and more, witnessed by me with my own eyes...

And I quit failing the minute I quit pulling the lever for the Big Rhinestone 'R'.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2021, 04:42:45 pm »
I recognize the issue regarding the left's alignment with Big Tech,  or perhaps it's the other way around,  and the threat that media-enforced cancel culture represents.   And I certainly depart from @roamer_1 with respect to the need to partner - to form coalitions with  -  independents and centrists and libertarians who aren't traditionally "conservative" but see things our way on America the melting pot of liberty and opportunity.

@Mesaclone,  I'm glad you're not speaking of the need for "purges" within Republican ranks,  or appear willing to waste time on third party vanity projects.   Biden speaks with forked tongue about unity,  but I am far more concerned about why Republicans aren't trumpeting it from the rooftops concerning themselves.   Sometimes unity can be best achieved by admitting error and, for the rest of us, like Lincoln acting with grace towards a defeated foe.

And what exactly is the policy response of conservatives to Big Tech?    Are they private businesses that can do as they see fit?   Can they and how should they be controlled by the regulatory power of government?     

The situation with Big Tech is difficult yet simple.

Private companies or not, they now ARE the public forum. As such, the First Amendment must apply in every conceivable way. Its possible the courts, the USSC itself, can rule that the 1st amendment standard must apply to all such discourse...but given their lack of willingness to prevent campus speech censorship I'm not optimistic. We must strip away liability protections from these companies and mandate, via legislation, that social media companies of a certain magnitude be required to apply a first amendment standard to all postings and commentary.

As for purging...not so fast. I will not tolerate anyone who has sided with the Left through these impeachment and voter fraud issues. This is not about issues and positions, its about a party and a conservative movement that cannot tolerate Quislings. We can all disagree on issues of substance, and those arguments are necessary to the forming of good policy and consensus, but none of us are allowed to take up against a sitting...or recently sitting...president and side with the Left. If you think Trump is wrong on policy or tone...have at it. If you vote to move an impeachment trial forward...you're done as a conservative and a Republican.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2021, 04:50:06 pm »
I ignored nothing.

Tump is not Conservative, nor did he govern conservatively.

See, I am already in a coalition. And it is nobility to preserve that coalition despite those who perpetually try to tear it apart. I made my promise in '80, and I ain't about to throw it out now.

There IS NO VISION that controls this government that stands outside of the original Conservative coalition. Everything that compromises that coalition does nothing good, and will certainly fail to do the only thing of purpose that I am interested in - As PROVEN for three decades and more, witnessed by me with my own eyes...

And I quit failing the minute I quit pulling the lever for the Big Rhinestone 'R'.

Your strategic approach is to "righteous" your way to 25% of the vote in national elections. Brilliant. I'll go with Reagan rather than you, in that we need to nominate the most conservative candidates WHO CAN WIN. We are not in a "pendulum" situation in which the balance of power has swung left and will come back our way if we stay true to some dream ideal of perfect conservatism...we are in a situation in which a Socio-Fascistic force has seized the reins of our government and intends to never give them up. You fail to realize where we are...this is a new paradigm...and if you can only bring such a tiny percentage, and 25% is optimistic, of people to your version of a conservative movement than...newsflash...it is doomed to fail.

For my part, I do not intend to surrender ANY of my conservative positions...nor to compromise ANY of my values...but I damn sure will work with conservative with whom I disagree on some issues to coalesce around a winning strategy. If you can't do the same, you doom conservatives to failure and defeat. Its really that simple. 

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2021, 04:51:36 pm »
This is an excellent essay by Jeremy Carl , thanks for posting it @Mesaclone.  I took the liberty of posting some outtakes (above).

Folks on the Right need to stop running from the truth about what happened in the 2020 election in the name of "unity",  or what I call, wishful thinking.  After what has happened, we no longer have the luxury of choosing and supporting both policy and candidates by the measurement of political purity labels.

If we're going to pull our country back from the fascist ledge it's teetering on, we're going to have to find a way to do this together.

Given our current strategic situation, the fact that this election was rigged is the core message we need to proclaim, and that is—not coincidentally—why it is the one thing social media and the powers that be will not allow us to say. The reign of terror they are unleashing upon the Right is really a demand that we accept their false narrative.

And here’s an uglier and more depressing truth we need to embrace: They rigged the election in front of our very eyes because we weren’t smart enough, tough enough, and most importantly, not powerful enough to stop them. That’s something we desperately need to fix ...    ~~ Jeremy Carl

« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 04:54:44 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2021, 05:01:49 pm »
Your strategic approach is to "righteous" your way to 25% of the vote in national elections. Brilliant. I'll go with Reagan rather than you, in that we need to nominate the most conservative candidates WHO CAN WIN. We are not in a "pendulum" situation in which the balance of power has swung left and will come back our way if we stay true to some dream ideal of perfect conservatism...we are in a situation in which a Socio-Fascistic force has seized the reins of our government and intends to never give them up. You fail to realize where we are...this is a new paradigm...and if you can only bring such a tiny percentage, and 25% is optimistic, of people to your version of a conservative movement than...newsflash...it is doomed to fail.

For my part, I do not intend to surrender ANY of my conservative positions...nor to compromise ANY of my values...but I damn sure will work with conservative with whom I disagree on some issues to coalesce around a winning strategy. If you can't do the same, you doom conservatives to failure and defeat. Its really that simple.

I will work plenty once beyond the line in the sand. I will not suffer my brethren to be shoved under the bus anymore. It really is THAT simple.

And I don't give a shit about anything else. I have been of far more effect since leaving than I ever had as a Republican - And I was pretty sure to raise a whole lot of money back in them days - All for absolutely nothing. NOTHING. Not a single win one. And you want me to go back to that? Not a chance in hell.

My interest lies in Conservatism, and I do more for that cause locally than I ever did before - without money. With my own hands. All y'all can go hang. I am not interested in compromised causes that would elect a lesser evil. I am interested in RESULTS. And you ain't got none. NONE. Not a single ONE.

So meh. SOSDD. Yet another half-assed movement seeking to modify and then claim Conservatism - Without the hard work of actually adhering to what Conservatism IS... And yet another Pyrrhic victory

I got better things to do. Like laundry.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2021, 05:32:28 pm »
Since we are tossing around percentages, it can be said if we don't get >50% of the vote, we'll get 0% of the say of what happens.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2021, 05:50:32 pm »
"All that happened" can be summed up quite simply:  Trump lost and, at least before Georgia,  most Republicans did quite well running on Trump's issues.

No,  the election wasn't rigged.  Our President wasn't as well liked as his policies were.   That explains the outcome of the elections a helluva lot more logically than sinister forces.    Accepting that reality will help unite Republicans for the task ahead.  The problem is that the Dems know that poking Trump supporters leads directly to conservative disunity.

We have to stop taking their bait, and playing their game.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 05:52:02 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2021, 06:08:50 pm »
Since we are tossing around percentages, it can be said if we don't get >50% of the vote, we'll get 0% of the say of what happens.

Doesn't matter a whit if you can't move the ball after the fact.
Pyrrhic Victories is all you get. I am clean done fighting for nothing.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2021, 10:28:55 pm »
Doesn't matter a whit if you can't move the ball after the fact.
Pyrrhic Victories is all you get. I am clean done fighting for nothing.

Where as you're on target for a Pyrrhic defeat.

As to your analogy of moving the ball...your method doesn't even get you on the field.

As for what we're fighting for...and apparently you are not...is to defeat the Socio-Fascistic party that has assumed all of the levers of power in our once free Republic. If that's not a noble enough cause for you, that's a shame. In my book, that's a helluva lot more than "nothing"...and I won't allow some absurd pursuit of conservative perfection to get in the way of fighting back with a bunch of solid, but imperfect, conservatives at my side. You do your thing, roamer, sit on the sidelines and attack the rest of your fellow conservatives for not being PERFECTLY conservative enough for you, while the rest of us try save the damn country.

Washington, Jefferson, Hamilton, Adams and Franklin were all imperfect conservatives...classical Liberals is the proper term, as were Reagan and Trump. I consider that damn fine company. Its a shame you don't.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 10:31:10 pm by Mesaclone »

Online libertybele

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2021, 10:49:05 pm »
Our political struggle has now moved on to a new phase in which it is genuinely the Fascism and censorship of the Left vs the belief in Free speech and fair elections on the Right. The article below is one of the best I've read since the election laying out just how the electoral system was corrupted to steal it from the President. But that, as grievous as it was, is no more than a symptom of the real disease. The disease itself is an alliance between the Left, journalism and Big Tech that seeks not to win the political argument...but to, in effect, end it. Their means is the controlling of information in terms of what is released, how it is presented, and the means by which some information is ignored and "debunked. It is brutally effective.

While we quibble over the import of balanced budgets and presidential tone...the Left is establishing a real world Oceania that controls all information via a Big Tech Ministry of Information. Individual issues matter, and balanced budgets are important...please do not think I'm dismissing such things...but they pale in magnitude next to the ongoing destruction of our Bill of Rights. All other fights must now take a back seat...the fight for our core rights is underway and Conservatives/Republicans cannot be fractured, distracted, nor can we aim our fire at one another. This is the fight of our generation...and we are losing, though I will not accept that we have yet lost.

Is Ted Cruz the answer?

As long as the leftist/marxist/socialists are able to continue stealing elections as we just witnessed, no candidate is the answer.

I've said this many times; with the changing demographics and the DEMS granting asylum and the right to vote to millions of illegals it will be mathematically IMPOSSIBLE for a GOP to be seated.

Until those two issues are resolved; if they are able to be resolved, it doesn't matter who the GOP runs, they will lose.

Too many RINO's are in Congress and the leadership will ensure that no conservatives are nominated in the first place.

I repeat my thoughts; it is going to take an new party/gov't replacing the existing.  I'm not sure it can be done.

Where do we go from here folks?  How do we get there??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2021, 10:56:46 pm »
Where as you're on target for a Pyrrhic defeat.

As to your analogy of moving the ball...your method doesn't even get you on the field.

Why gain the field when you NEVER win? Nah. That can't be so. Statistics demand SOME wins. But none. Not a single one. That's a fixed game right there. So I refuse to lend it credence by participating.

As for what we're fighting for...and apparently you are not...is to defeat the Socio-Fascistic party that has assumed all of the levers of power in our once free Republic.

And you will lose. Like always. And I know why. Keep sacrificing principle in the name of false unity and desperation. Maybe you'll figure it out one day.

If that's not a noble enough cause for you, that's a shame. In my book, that's a helluva lot more than "nothing"...and I won't allow some absurd pursuit of conservative perfection to get in the way of fighting back with a bunch of solid, but imperfect, conservatives at my side.

Snort! Charging hell with a bucket of water. Leaving the big guns under the bus because it's easier to carry water (for RINOs). Your end is as predictable as the sunrise. It's been done so many times before.

And your enemy is not the socialists. Your primary enemy is among your own. That is why you keep losing over and over and over and over... And you all unawares... You pay no mind at all to the enemy inside the gates. And they are your doom every time. One day maybe y'all get a clue.

Thanks, nope. I won't join you on that battlefield. Until you pick up those big guns, you will lose. Every time. Badly. And I'll just keep my powder dry and watch out for my own topknot.

You do your thing, roamer, sit on the sidelines and attack the rest of your fellow conservatives for not being PERFECTLY conservative enough for you, while the rest of us try save the damn country.

Knock yourself out.

Washington, Jefferson, Hamilton, Adams and Franklin were all imperfect conservatives...classical Liberals is the proper term, as were Reagan and Trump. I consider that damn fine company. Its a shame you don't.

No, largely they were not. Every man jack of em - Except Tumpy of course. The founders laid Conservatism, federalism, right in the foundations. The tools are there right from the beginning - The very tools y'all throw aside for their burden. I will fight for those things any old time - That ain't what you're doing.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2021, 11:00:49 pm »
You cannot win if you will not fight. In fact, not fighting is the best way to guarantee a loss.  I do understand "too tuckered to try."  Not much help to try to get others to give up.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2021, 11:12:26 pm »
You cannot win if you will not fight. In fact, not fighting is the best way to guarantee a loss.  I do understand "too tuckered to try."  Not much help to try to get others to give up.

Haven't gave up. Just done banging my head against the wall over and over expecting different results.

I'll work close to home. Teach the youth. Help my neighbor. To far more effect than I ever had in this game.

Hyphenated coalitions for hyphenated 'conservatism' are of absolutely no use by their very nature.
Principled things are TRUE things, that are ALWAYS TRUE. Throw aside principle is the same thing as throwing aside truth... Fighting for fallacies and lies. Doomed to fail. Why bother.

Online libertybele

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2021, 11:15:53 pm »

I absolutely get that.  However, you cannot build upon a fractured foundation. The GOP is more fractured than ever before.  Building upon the party from the bottom up should have been done several election cycles ago.  I get the premise. It will take getting rid of all the RINO's, so, I don't know how that would even be accomplished considering the DEMS know how to effectively steal elections and get away with it. 

Two choices; infiltrate the DEM party and insert conservatives under the DEM umbrella to vote against or build from the group up; which would take many election cycles.

Building from the ground up, or infiltrating the DEM party -- can it even be done considering; a) we have to have solid conservatives to fill seats and b) we have to ensure that we get a fair election.

That is why I see that inserting a new party/gov't is the only viable route to go.

IMHO continuing to think that we can change things at the ballot box is not looking at things realistically.

@Cyber Liberty I honestly applaud what your are doing as committeeman.  IF we had thousands of conservative committeemen and women like you, I would have a much different perspective.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 11:17:56 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2021, 11:20:17 pm »
Two choices; infiltrate the DEM party and insert conservatives under the DEM umbrella to vote against; which would take many election cycles.

You are missing one other - Take over the Libertarian Party and turn it back to its roots by its nose.

Libertarianism (the real thing) is part and parcel with Conservatism. But that would have to start now, and y'all would really have to mean it.

Online libertybele

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2021, 11:28:07 pm »
Haven't gave up. Just done banging my head against the wall over and over expecting different results.

I'll work close to home. Teach the youth. Help my neighbor. To far more effect than I ever had in this game.

Hyphenated coalitions for hyphenated 'conservatism' are of absolutely no use by their very nature.
Principled things are TRUE things, that are ALWAYS TRUE. Throw aside principle is the same thing as throwing aside truth... Fighting for fallacies and lies. Doomed to fail. Why bother.

I understand where you're coming from.

You're in a much different position then I -- when the left starts knocking on my door, I don't have many options. You have options and right now helping your neighbor and teaching youth are absolutely paramount to rebuilding.

I agree.  Beating your head against the wall trying to build upon something that has completely fallen apart is futile.  It is much more logical to start fresh -- based upon the conservative principles upon which this country was founded and our Constitution.

I don't know how to get there, nor if it is even a possibility.  It used to be nothing more was needed than a good solid handshake which used to represent one's integrity and a biding trusting agreement --  that just doesn't exist in many places anymore.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2021, 11:29:43 pm »
Has bill and hill's amnesia epidemic spread throughout the nation?  Can't people remember how we got to where we are now at? ? ? ?

All that matters is that Trump is defeated, yet getting their way they are wroth to speak it now.  Why is that?

Step 2.  I doesn't matter how this election happened, just remember we can just go and win the next one.

So what's the big deal, bend over and grab your ankles, you did get your way, as you preached to us,just wait until next time.  So shut up and wait until next time!  Or does that get in the way of manipulating fools, even still!
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions