Author Topic: Are the End Times Near?  (Read 1362 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Are the End Times Near?
« on: January 15, 2021, 03:18:27 pm »
January 15, 2021
Are the End Times Near?
By David Solway

A few years back my wife and I flew to Georgia where she was keynoting a panel discussion on feminism at Kennesaw State University. We were picked up at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta by the conference organizers, who naturally engaged Janice in conversation about the devastation wrought by feminism in the culture at large and academia in particular.

At one point I intervened to suggest that feminism was merely a subsidiary issue, as was the case with every other culture-wrecking movement and socially destabilizing factor confronting the Western world: identity politics, neo-Marxism, political correctness, radical environmentalism, “climate change,” “social justice,” outcome egalitarianism, information censorship, trans-national authoritarianism, abortion on demand, anti-meritocracy, chain immigration, “white supremacy” -- the list goes on. Our hosts were initially taken aback, suspecting that I may merely have been playing devil’s advocate, but soon understood the argument I was making. Feminism was no doubt a critical issue, a socially destructive and culturally malignant phenomenon, but only one of many indices of something of far greater import: the approaching disintegration of Western civilization.

Oswald Spengler’s The Decline of The West, published 1918-1922, laid out the trajectory of the enfeeblement and decay that awaited us, developing a theme that went as far back as the Greek historian Polybius, but that, in the wake of a war that wiped out a generation, seemed less a “theme” than an historically imminent reality. The greatest poet of the modern age, William Butler Yeats, felt it in his bones, working out a visionary schematism in his prose volume A Vision and reflecting on the inevitable in his timeless poem “The Second Coming,” written one year after the end of the Great War: “And what rough beast, its hour come round at last/Slouches toward Bethlehem to be born?” Robert Bork’s must-read Slouching Towards Gomorrah hammers out Yeats’s vision in lurid contemporary detail, pointing toward a “syndrome” of collectivist attitudes dominating the culture, the debilitation of the family structure, and a “left-liberal moral consensus” diluting the text of the U.S. Constitution.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/01/are_the_end_times_near_.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Are the End Times Near?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 03:20:40 pm »
The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 04:04:03 pm »
The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Not in Judeo-Christian terms. The future is written and the end is fixed. The trouble being only the Father knows the day and the hour.

But we can get close:

1Th 5:1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

BLB: KJV

That 'Concerning times and seasons...' shtick should be taken as 'Concerning the Sabbaths...'
Folks might have a better understanding of prophecy knowing that. Torah is every bit as prophetic as the prophets are.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 05:42:13 pm »
The end of the USA is near. Too early to say yet, about the world in general.
Let it burn.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 06:09:12 pm »
You forget the wheat grows with the tare... There is hope. even in the worst of times.

But there will be no recovery in the USA without repentance. That much is a bare fact.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 06:23:10 pm »
MAY the 4th, 2021

Offline Absalom

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 06:44:09 pm »
Quote from: roamer_1 link=topic=425684.msg2363249#msg2363249 date=1610734152
But there will be no recovery in the USA without repentance. That much is a bare fact.
[/quote
------------------------------------------
Preceded by recognition of our failure, as a culture/society,
to abide by the Principles that birthed us as a nation.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2021, 06:46:13 pm »
Nope.

Offline starbuck_archer

• Russian Mole Supporting Ukraine
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 06:49:00 pm »
The end times are near.  A world of (relative, vs any other period in history) relative peace is about to be over.

I say to you, with utmost confidence: the only reason the world hasn't devolved into chaos in the Middle East, Balkans and Asia is because the United States is a Superpower.

Our current disunity and rejection of American principles by the left (principles such as "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it:) are basically dead among the American left.

The American Democrat Party is basically a wing of the Chinese Communist Party: Biden is in their pay, as is Maxine Waters and Eric "Smallwell."

Without America, and our ideals of actual freedom, the world is a Communist dominated nightmare of Xitler (Xi Jinping is basically Hitler) proportions.  This fight is not only for our own freedom, but for the freedom of Taiwan, Israel, Japan and Korea: without us, all those nations are going down to Communism or Islamic Nazism.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 07:06:24 pm »
------------------------------------------
Preceded by recognition of our failure, as a culture/society,
to abide by the Principles that birthed us as a nation.

YEP. Those principles were brought about here, in the uniquely American sense, through the prism of the Judeo-Christian Ethic - It is our sense of right and wrong. Therein, I would argue, are the cause for the arguments defined in Conservative principles.

Cut us off from that root, and all else fails - A nearly mechanical failure.

An aside - One of the aspects of Torah is as the definition of reality. Hence inferred, what goes against Torah is inherently the opposite of reality. And more and  more that has become inherently evident - To the point that there are literally Americans who do not know which bathroom to use. There are literally American women who seriously believe that killing their baby in the womb - The very thing she is instinctively built and instinctively - And I mean instinctively - wired for, is some how a good thing for her - a thing to be lauded... Heroic. When in truth, within my memory, the heroine was defined, again instinctively, by the words, "Don't worry about me, save my baby!"

These are profound examples of fantasy overriding nature. Overriding reality. And these are not all by any means. And it spells, As I said, an almost mechanical doom. When a people have fully embraced fantasy in the vain hope of countering reality, one can only be heading for a massive,national 'hold mah beer' moment.

Read the scriptures with that in mind and you can see why Yah is so pissed. FIRE HOT you dumb kid!

:laugh:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2021, 07:10:43 pm »
Nope.

YEP. By the numbers, If I do not see it all end, my children surely will. As a functional study of prophecy, The Bible is pretty hard to beat for accuracy.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2021, 07:25:11 pm »
YEP. Those principles were brought about here, in the uniquely American sense, through the prism of the Judeo-Christian Ethic - It is our sense of right and wrong. Therein, I would argue, are the cause for the arguments defined in Conservative principles. Cut us off from that root, and all else fails, nearly mechanical failure.
An aside - One of the aspects of Torah is as the definition of reality. Hence inferred, what goes against Torah is inherently the opposite of reality. And more and  more that has become inherently evident - To the point that there are literally Americans who do not know which bathroom to use. There are literally American women who seriously believe that killing their baby in the womb - The very thing she is instinctively built and instinctively - And I mean instinctively - wired for, is some how a good thing for her - a thing to be lauded... Heroic. When in truth, within my memory, the heroine was defined, again instinctively, by the words, "Don't worry about me, save my baby!"
These are profound examples of fantasy overriding nature. Overriding reality. And these are not all by any means. And it spells, As I said, an almost mechanical doom. When a people have fully embraced fantasy in the vain hope of countering reality, one can only be heading for a massive,national 'hold mah beer' moment.
Read the scriptures with that in mind and you can see why Yah is so pissed. FIRE HOT you dumb kid!
----------------------------
Roamer, indeed.
Words that reflect the ideas and philosophy of Russell Kirk!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2021, 07:34:26 pm »
According to my belief, every single one of us fought against the dragon (satan) in the war in heaven and made a choice to come to this earth in a physical body where that war is still underway but it will not be for much longer.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2021, 07:38:26 pm »
The end of the USA is nheare. Too early to say yet, about the world in general.

Fixed it for you @Ghost Bear
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2021, 08:42:54 pm »
Fixed it for you @Ghost Bear

I'm not ready to say it's over yet. I'll admit it doesn't look good, but... with God all things are possible.
Let it burn.

Offline starbuck_archer

• Russian Mole Supporting Ukraine
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2021, 08:50:02 pm »
I'm not ready to say it's over yet. I'll admit it doesn't look good, but... with God all things are possible.

A better future only if we fight for it.  I was ready to die in Iraq for America, and I am no less prepared (even if the Iraq war was wrong) to sacrifice for America.  I won't do anything, or condone anything illegal but we need to pull out all the stops for fifth generation warfare.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2021, 12:41:05 am »
The end of the world?
No.

The end of The United States (as envisioned and constructed by our forebears)?
Quite possibly, considering that the communists are that close to achieving total power (and I don't mean "democrats", because they aren't that anymore).
The country may still be here, but it will be decades before it ever resembles what it once was, if that is to happen at all.

The end of Western Civilization?
Also possible, in those quadrants of The West that seem to have abandoned the notions of self-preservation.

It's almost as if we are stumbling into a "New Dark Ages".
How long will this one last...?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2021, 01:06:17 am »
The America we all know is no more.
Once the Communists/Fascists hand in hand with China, who are now in power take control, America is no better than Cuba or Venezuela.
But I lived a great life in the 'old America'. Nobody else in future will ever know that culture.
I will sleep peacefully in my death, loving every aspect of my childhood.
Whatever happens from now on, and I am sure it is nothing but one disaster after another, It's not really my problem.

The Democrats believe they have 'won'. LOL i don't think so.
They sold out the entire nation that they wanted to rule. How is that 'winning'?
The idiots sold their entire farm to an international bank to keep their neighbor from having it.
And they call that a 'victory'. Ok? The Democrats are just as screwed as all of us.
And still, they think they won?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 01:07:55 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2021, 01:14:39 am »
Apropos of nothing what would be the result if the Founding Father's had Tommy guns?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2021, 01:14:51 am »
The America we all know is no more.
Once the Communists/Fascists hand in hand with China, who are now in power take control, America is no better than Cuba or Venezuela.
But I lived a great life in the 'old America'. Nobody else in future will ever know that culture.
I will sleep peacefully in my death, loving every aspect of my childhood.
Whatever happens from now on, and I am sure it is nothing but one disaster after another, It's not really my problem.

The Democrats believe they have 'won'. LOL i don't think so.
They sold out the entire nation that they wanted to rule. How is that 'winning'?
The idiots sold their entire farm to an international bank to keep their neighbor from having it.
And they call that a 'victory'. Ok? The Democrats are just as screwed as all of us.
And still, they think they won?

They always do till the long knives come out... And they find em in their backs... It has always happened that way.

Them that don't know history are sadly doomed to repeat it...

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2021, 01:29:10 am »
MAY the 4th, 2021
@GrouchoTex

Yes, likely spring, 2021, could be April, May, or June - May is good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2021, 01:34:46 am »
Only God knows the exact timing.

For what it's worth:

Nostradamus' Predictions for 2021 Include an Apocalypse, Famine, and Asteroids

Scroll down @link -- he is predicting the CA is destroyed by earthquakes....

https://ourcommunitynow.com/local-culture/nostradamus-predictions-for-2021-include-an-apocalypse-famine-and-asteroids
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2021, 01:39:19 am »
They always do till the long knives come out... And they find em in their backs... It has always happened that way.

Them that don't know history are sadly doomed to repeat it...
The only 'winner' in the last election is China and the U.N.
The Democrats are nothing more than patsy fools who will all be replaced in short time.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Freedom2020

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2021, 01:55:23 am »
Wasn't the End Times the First Big War? Or maybe the Second World War? Wasn't the explosion of the Toba caldera volcano that almost extinguished the human population 70k years ago, the End Times?  To me, fate is not written. The future can be changed by the present. A new approach to understanding what happens in the world today came with Andrew Łobaczewski's work and studies showing psychopaths acting cooperatively in politics.  Read the article I wrote and if possible share it.

->** http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,424671.0.html  **<--

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 01:57:28 am by Freedom2020 »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2021, 02:10:46 am »
The 'end times' are conveyed in the Bible. However, no one knows the time but God.

Matthew 24:36

'But about that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.