Author Topic: Are the End Times Near?  (Read 1364 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Are the End Times Near?
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2021, 02:10:53 am »
Wasn't the End Times the First Big War? Or maybe the Second World War? Wasn't the explosion of the Toba caldera volcano that almost extinguished the human population 70k years ago, the End Times?  To me, fate is not written. The future can be changed by the present. A new approach to understanding what happens in the world today came with Andrew Łobaczewski's work and studies showing psychopaths acting cooperatively in politics.  Read the article I wrote and if possible share it.

->** http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,424671.0.html  **<--

I'll read it. I was thinking of something my now passed father told me. "All my life I heard it was the end times." He was a Korea Vet.

HUNFREDS of millions dead in a span of a century.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2021, 02:27:49 am »
2 Peter 3:10b
"the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fervent heat, and the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. "

We know that will happen when the sun goes into Red Giant mode. But that is not for at least a billion more years.

I wouldn't hold our breath for God to bail us out of this one. These aren't the end times, nor are they even close to the end times.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2021, 02:29:23 am »
"the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fervent heat, and the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. "

We know that will happen when the sun goes into Red Giant mode. But that is not for at least a billion more years.

I wouldn't hold our breath for God to bail us out of this one. These aren't the end times, nor are they even close to the end times.

ONE DAY CLOSER
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2021, 02:55:17 pm »
@GrouchoTex

Yes, likely spring, 2021, could be April, May, or June - May is good.

@Victoria33

Nah... too short a scope there... Too much still needs to happen. What is left could conceivably happen in a decade, but certainly not a matter of months.

I think the time of the end has begun... But it must take longer than folks usually think. Paul and John both attested that THEY were in the End Times.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2021, 03:04:47 pm »
Only God knows the exact timing.

For what it's worth:

Nostradamus' Predictions for 2021 Include an Apocalypse, Famine, and Asteroids

Scroll down @link -- he is predicting the CA is destroyed by earthquakes....

https://ourcommunitynow.com/local-culture/nostradamus-predictions-for-2021-include-an-apocalypse-famine-and-asteroids

Man I hate them assteroids. They got creams and such for that...

Nostradamus is a weird duck. I studied him for some time, finally rejecting his prophecy. It is confused and shattered... While the gift of the Prophets of Yah differs with the individual - How it manifests in each is strange - There is no confusion in the message. We don't fully understand it now, but the message IS the same, over centuries... aeons.

Short little rhymes, shuffled like a sack of dominoes, literally could mean anything. It is like relying on a Magic 8 Ball. That is not the way of Yahweh.  Nor the way of his prophets. The Prophets prove the prophets.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2021, 03:06:54 pm »
The only 'winner' in the last election is China and the U.N.
The Democrats are nothing more than patsy fools who will all be replaced in short time.

YUP. Over and over and over again. Time wounds all heels.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2021, 03:13:23 pm »
Wasn't the End Times the First Big War? Or maybe the Second World War? Wasn't the explosion of the Toba caldera volcano that almost extinguished the human population 70k years ago, the End Times?  To me, fate is not written. The future can be changed by the present. A new approach to understanding what happens in the world today came with Andrew Łobaczewski's work and studies showing psychopaths acting cooperatively in politics.  Read the article I wrote and if possible share it.

->** http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,424671.0.html  **<--

In the Christian context - which is the OP here, no.  It is written. And that is important, as that is the gauntlet thrown down by Yahweh to, and through, the ages. It is the proof that he is God. Not merely a god, but THE God.

To be Christian and deny the very proof is unconscionable heresy.
But that is the church of the end... A form of godliness, but denying its power.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2021, 03:21:05 pm »
The 'end times' are conveyed in the Bible. However, no one knows the time but God.

Matthew 24:36

'But about that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

There is a titillating Hebraism in that... There IS a day that no man knows. One of the Holy days, Yom Teruah, The Feast of Trumpets, is the only High Day that is on the first of the month. In the very bast of predictions, the first of the month can only be winnowed down to two days, but not one.

That is the day that no man knows the day or hour of.  Now is that represented in the Holy Days as a hint, or is it absolute? I think it is absolute. I do believe that the 'sound of the Last Trumpet' IS going to occur on that day, at the beginning of the last month of summer.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2021, 03:28:05 pm »

... And yet, there ARE survivors on the earth. That being an impossibility in current science. So there is something *else* that science cannot translate.

No, that is but your assumption. And there is a precise timeline at work that will not stretch that far.

I will adamantly disagree. We stand very close to the 'end of all things'... where the intention of YHWH comes to pass, and is simultaneously revealed.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2021, 05:35:42 pm »
@Victoria33
Nah... too short a scope there... Too much still needs to happen. What is left could conceivably happen in a decade, but certainly not a matter of months.
I think the time of the end has begun... But it must take longer than folks usually think. Paul and John both attested that THEY were in the End Times.
@roamer_1

Been a Bible teacher for many years, in a Baptist church and Catholic church - studied Bible since I was 10 years old.  The time is close as what Jesus said would happen is happening quickly.  My opinion is Christ comes for his church, he says so in first three chapters of Revelation that deals with the church, so they do not go through "Jacob's Trouble" which is Christ dealing with the Jews.  The church is next mentioned in Revelation 19.  One way to express the progression is: Old Testament Daniel, Christ in New Testament, church age as apostles started churches, Jesus in Revelation sends his angel to tell John how church age, jew age, ends and satan meets his end.

"Matthew 24:36
But about that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

That was true at that time since Christ had not died and gone to Heaven where he now sits on the right hand of the Father and knows all and Christ says that in the first few lines of Revelation.  Read it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 05:41:14 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2021, 05:51:43 pm »
I'm an Orthodox Christian.  We interpret "the one who restrains", who must be set aside before the "man of sin" (the Antichrist) can be revealed as the Roman Emperor.  In about 1920, every possible claimant to the throne of the Caesars -- the Tsar, the Kaiser, the Hapsburg Emperor, the Ottoman Sultan (When it suited them, they styled themselves as Muslim Roman Emperors. Don't forget they kept the name "Constantinople" for their capital. It was only the secularizing Ataturk who changed the formal name to the Turkish nickname Istanbul, a corruption of the Greek eis ten politas.) -- were swept aside.  We've been living in the End Times all of our lives.  The imponderable question is "how long will the End Times last?" Not are they "near"?  They're already here.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2021, 06:17:01 pm »
The time is close as what Jesus said would happen is happening quickly. 

Nah he said all those things would happen, but not to be bothered by it, for the time is not yet.
The end times have been ongoing since the cross. That s the fulcrum, and not in a way the churches can see. Those taught in the semitaries are oblivious.

My opinion is Christ comes for his church, he says so in first three chapters of Revelation that deals with the church, so they do not go through "Jacob's Trouble" which is Christ dealing with the Jews.

See here: ALL of what Yah said he will do, he said he would do with Israel. ONLY Israel. The new covenant is made ONLY with the House of Judah and the House of Israel. which together ARE Israel.

The thing that the scholars have missed is the 'barren woman' of Is 54 and the 'death of the testator' as posed by Paul... Why is the Barren Woman told to leap for joy directly after the obvious death of Yeshua in Is 53? ALL of the promises given to Israel were inheritances... Therefore, those promises could not be inherited until the death of the testator. Look for those promises being invested in the inheritors, which necessarily must only begin to happen AFTER the testator has died... and your whole regimen of replacementism will necessarily realign. The inheretances of Yeshua are better, no doubt, but those first inheritances cannot be written off - That is the mistake. You cannot understand without understanding the inheritances discharged at the death of Yeshua ONLY into the blood line nation of Israel. Those inheritances have a purpose.

There is only ONE Israel. There is only ONE House of Yah. Replacement Theology is blind.
WHO IS THE BARREN WOMAN? Because she cannot be Judah (the Jews) and she cannot be the Church (shamed herself and divorced in her youth).

The church is next mentioned in Revelation 19.  One way to express the progression is: Old Testament Daniel, Christ in New Testament, church age as apostles started churches, Jesus in Revelation sends his angel to tell John how church age, jew age, ends and satan meets his end.

"Matthew 24:36
But about that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

That was true at that time since Christ had not died and gone to Heaven where he now sits on the right hand of the Father and knows all and Christ says that in the first few lines of Revelation.  Read it.

'The Church' is an affectation, better termed 'the Assembly'. The split between synagogue and church is false. Yeshua came to remove the wall of division, not to build it higher.

Only in removing the scales of Replacement theology can one begin to understand: 2/3rds of the prophecy MUST have already been fulfilled - Prophecy that we pay no mind to, finding it without solution. But it MUST have already been solved, and that MUST be apparent. When you figger it out your Bible will BLOOM. And that barren woman was the key that unlocked it all for me.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2021, 06:39:11 pm »
I'm an Orthodox Christian.  We interpret "the one who restrains", who must be set aside before the "man of sin" (the Antichrist) can be revealed as the Roman Emperor.  In about 1920, every possible claimant to the throne of the Caesars -- the Tsar, the Kaiser, the Hapsburg Emperor, the Ottoman Sultan (When it suited them, they styled themselves as Muslim Roman Emperors. Don't forget they kept the name "Constantinople" for their capital. It was only the secularizing Ataturk who changed the formal name to the Turkish nickname Istanbul, a corruption of the Greek eis ten politas.) -- were swept aside.  We've been living in the End Times all of our lives.  The imponderable question is "how long will the End Times last?" Not are they "near"?  They're already here.

That is right in some aspects - But one can comfortably see the end times having been long in scope (these two thousand years) in drawing a distinction between, lets call them, 'The End Times' and 'The Time of the End', which distinction is present, and I can defend that perfectly.

It would be a long talk on the porch to get to where I can explain it, but I think the time of the end began commiserate with the tech explosion, Where the 'great deception' in it's final form began. Start by looking at the last hundred and some years or so in comparison with the entire rest of the history of Man to see how profound that deception is. Prior to the 1850s or so, with the exception of gunpowder and steam, life was pretty much the same in tech, all the way back... What we are in now, as the frog in the pot might hopefully observe, is something entirely different.

There is a portion that has been ongoing since Cain, another part since Babylon, but by and large, until very recently it would be hard to call deception.

Online libertybele

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2021, 07:14:59 pm »
Regardless of interpretation of the Bible and speculation, one thing is very clear:

Matthew 24:36 'But about that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

There isn't much room for interpretation of that Bible verse.

We've seen floods, earthquakes, famines, great civil unrest, diseases, wars, etc.  These have been on going throughout history.

When I was going to college (many moons ago) a group was handing out literature outlining the issues happening proving that we were at the end of days and obviously we're still here.

We are certainly witnessing the fall of our country and the assault on Christianity. (I had recently posted a link to the document/plan given to the incoming Prez and VP to end religious freedom.)

Plans for Sloe Joe's first 100 days I believe will be implemented very swiftly as those plans have been in the works for quite sometime. His plan to make a deal with Iran is yet another sign of end times I believe.

Gates just bought up thousands of acres of farmland which leads me to believe that we will witness great famines throughout the world.

Are we at the end of times? I believe we are close, but only the Father knows that answer. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2021, 02:11:21 pm »
@GrouchoTex

Yes, likely spring, 2021, could be April, May, or June - May is good.

Of course, I am just goofing off, I have no idea.
 :cool: