Author Topic: Who will police green Utopia? And how?  (Read 239 times)

rangerrebew

Who will police green Utopia? And how?
« on: January 09, 2021, 06:00:33 pm »

by Ben Pile | Dec 24, 2020

This post is adapted from a recent Twitter thread, based on a Telegraph article, in which it is suggested:

Police may have to enforce strict  environmental laws as part of Government’s ambitious Green agenda

Ambitious climate change targets set by the Government will see a raft of new lifestyle restrictions being imposed

Some have said the article is ‘clickbait’. I think it’s understatement. More on the article shortly.

It’s relevant to me, because I’ve had a a number of conversations with people recently, who are of the mind that, as soon as the government realise the Net Zero agenda has hit material and political reality, it will be withdrawn.

‘Material reality’ means blackouts and huge expense. ‘Political reality’ means the backlash that expense and scarcity cause, which could be anything, protests, riots, or new political movements taking the initiative. The last is a moot point, because there is almost zero possibility of a new party emerging, convincing a majority and taking power before the Net Zero agenda is all but fully implemented. The dominant Westminster parties are members of near-formal consensus on climate change, and are adamant that the public should have no say.

https://www.climate-resistance.org/2020/12/who-will-police-green-utopia-and-how.html

Online libertybele

Re: Who will police green Utopia? And how?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 06:09:48 pm »

by Ben Pile | Dec 24, 2020

This post is adapted from a recent Twitter thread, based on a Telegraph article, in which it is suggested:

Police may have to enforce strict  environmental laws as part of Government’s ambitious Green agenda

Ambitious climate change targets set by the Government will see a raft of new lifestyle restrictions being imposed

Some have said the article is ‘clickbait’. I think it’s understatement. More on the article shortly.

It’s relevant to me, because I’ve had a a number of conversations with people recently, who are of the mind that, as soon as the government realise the Net Zero agenda has hit material and political reality, it will be withdrawn.

‘Material reality’ means blackouts and huge expense. ‘Political reality’ means the backlash that expense and scarcity cause, which could be anything, protests, riots, or new political movements taking the initiative. The last is a moot point, because there is almost zero possibility of a new party emerging, convincing a majority and taking power before the Net Zero agenda is all but fully implemented. The dominant Westminster parties are members of near-formal consensus on climate change, and are adamant that the public should have no say.

https://www.climate-resistance.org/2020/12/who-will-police-green-utopia-and-how.html

Well, I think it quite simple really; they can allocate how much water and energy we can consume per household.  2 people will only be allowed so much water and electricity, a family of 4 a little more ... and big corporations will get exemptions as long as they kick some of their profits back to the politicians and in order to make up for profits of course they will raise costs on goods.

The govt can direct the utility companies and assign special tasks forces to put 'shut off mechanisms' on meters and shut you off once you've used your allotment of energy, or shut off your water once your meter says you've used your share ... after all it's for the benefit of preserving our precious water and healing our earth.  *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 06:11:44 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 06:19:19 pm »

The govt can direct the utility companies and assign special tasks forces to put 'shut off mechanisms' on meters and shut you off once you've used your allotment of energy

On the aircraft carrier I was aboard, when out to see we were allotted 25 gallons of water per day which included water for the steam catapults, laundry, food preparation,etc.  If a shower was taken, the water was metered:  10 seconds of water to wet down and 10 seconds to rinse off.  The ship's masters at arms could bust you for using more.  So I've had some experience with rationing water and it isn't fun, especially if you are that bottom of the heap.  You can bet  water for politicians won't be rationed. ****slapping

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 10:04:00 pm »
We smile at this Audi ad today.
5 years from now, it's not going to seem so humorous:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1