Author Topic: The latest draft of articles of impeachment against Trump includes "incitement of insurrection"  (Read 1238 times)

Offline libertybele

The latest draft of articles of impeachment against Trump includes "incitement of insurrection"

House Democrats are currently planning to introduce articles of impeachment against President Trump as soon as Monday, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter.

Here's a portion of the latest version of the articles of impeachment that will be formally introduced by House Judiciary Democrats on Monday, provided by a Democratic source. It includes one article: “incitement of insurrection.”

"President Trump’s conduct on January 6, 2021 was consistent with his prior efforts to subvert and obstruct the certification of the results of the 2020 presidential election. Those prior efforts include, but are not limited to, a phone call on January 2, 2021, in which President Trump urged Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to ‘‘find’’ enough votes to overturn the Georgia presidential election results and threatened Mr. Raffensperger if he failed to do so. In all of this, President Trump gravely endangered the security of the United States and its institutions of government. He threatened the integrity of the democratic system, interfered with the peaceful transition of power, and imperiled a coordinate branch of government. He thereby betrayed his trust as President, to the manifest injury of the people of the United States."

The article continues: .............

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/washington-dc-riots-trump-news-friday/h_9fe353ffc1f72d1e6a74fd817d635b65

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This is funny cause they don't have control of the Senate yet..not until Harris is sworn in on the 20th.

I don't think the rats can get 60 votes in the Senate..but I may be wrong.. :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

This is funny cause they don't have control of the Senate yet..not until Harris is sworn in on the 20th.

I don't think the rats can get 60 votes in the Senate..but I may be wrong.. :shrug:

Romney, Lee, McConnell, Collins, and others will vote to impeach ... maybe even Graham.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

67 votes needed. 2/3rds of the members.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mortarman

They're jus' doing this to show their consistent contempt to the American Citizens.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline mountaineer

So desperate. It's almost as though they didn't win.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher

Considering there would have to be a formal trial, I don't think this likely can be pulled off in a week.  As long a procedural due process is given.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Romney, Lee, McConnell, Collins, and others will vote to impeach ... maybe even Graham.

Add Murkowski, Sasse, and few others.   Vote will be close.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
So desperate. It's almost as though they didn't win.

That's a good point.   They want to drive a stake in the beast lest it arise again.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
That's a good point.   They want to drive a stake in the beast lest it arise again.

You are really an enigma.  Just what the F do you stand for?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You are really an enigma.  Just what the F do you stand for?

Just a main street Republican.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Just a main street Republican.   

You are standing on the wrong corner of the street boy.  And the sound that you are hearing is only the sound of the low spark of high-heeled boys.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 12:12:38 am by Wingnut »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Senate Trial last year took 18 days (Jan. 16- Feb 3) , and was considered rushed.  Doing this in 7 days?  I doubt it, unless this is going to be Kangaroo Exercise.

How the hell was this an insurrection?

(NEW)

Christina Bobb
 @christina_bobb

Capitol police open doors for the protestors. They stand aside and invite them inside.

Video:

https://twitter.com/christina_bobb/status/1347596278583197698

12:29 PM · Jan 8, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Offline skeeter

We now have a despotic form of government. Damn them all to hell.

A suggestion to my fellow Democrats. The idea of of trying enact the 25th amendment or impeaching Trump are bad ideas. All it will do is make Trump supporters that much more angry. Biden is going to have a very difficult time trying to unite this country.Don’t make it harder .— Robert G Beckel (@RobertGBeckel) January 9, 2021

Senate Trial last year took 18 days (Jan. 16- Feb 3) , and was considered rushed.  Doing this in 7 days?  I doubt it, unless this is going to be Kangaroo Exercise.

Unless?   :smokin:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
These people are so full of barnyard excrement it's coming out their ears.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Hoodat

Just a reminder - this was Day 1 of Trump's Presidency:

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Six days.  Congress doesn't work on Fridays.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Correction, Congress hasn't worked in decades at least not the way the Founders intended.

Offline roamer_1

and make a martyr? Bad move.

Online Wingnut

When was the last time Congress actually worked?  During 9/11 maybe. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
and make a martyr? Bad move.

Yup.  This will be an overreach to surpass all previous overreaches.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: