Author Topic: FDA investigating allergic reactions to Pfizer vaccine reported in multiple states  (Read 370 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FDA investigating allergic reactions to Pfizer vaccine reported in multiple states
By Tal Axelrod - 12/19/20 08:35 AM EST

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is investigating allergic reactions to the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine that were reported in multiple states after it began to be administered this week.

Peter Marks, director of the FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, told reporters late Friday that the reactions had been reported in more than one state besides Alaska and that the FDA is probing five reactions.

“We are working hand in hand with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and we’ve actually been working closely with our United Kingdom colleagues, who of course reported the allergic reaction. I think we’ll be looking at all the data we can from each of these reactions to sort out exactly what happened, and we’ll also be looking to try to understand which component of the vaccine might be helping to produce them,” Marks said.
ADVERTISEMENT

“I think we have at this point the right ... mitigation strategy with the availability of treatment for a severe allergic reaction being at the ready, and we’ll continue to monitor it very closely,” he added.

Marks said the FDA was not certain what caused the reactions but indicated a chemical called polyethylene glycol, which is present in the vaccines produced by Pfizer and BioNTech as well as by Moderna “could be the culprit.” He added that the reaction some people have experienced could be more common than once thought.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/530966-fda-investigating-allergic-reactions-to-pfizer-vaccine-reported-in-multiple
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

A nurse I follow on Twitter shares her vaccination journey. She got the shot 12/18.
My arm is much more sore than last night. On par with the tetanus booster, which was tender/painful for several days (for me).
Generally, I still feel achy and tired, like I’m getting a cold. But not bad.

I have a little bit of a headache, so I took some ibuprofen (which will also help with the aches). I do get migraines, so I can’t say for certain this is from the vaccine or just my turn to have a migraine.

I have a ton of errands to run, chores at home, and like 6 loads of laundry to fold today, and I feel like I’ll manage it all just fine.

I want to keep you updated on how I’m feeling. Lots of people have concerns over the vaccine, I did too (I was even skeptical they’d get a vaccine). And let’s be honest: with the shitty year I’ve had, if something is gonna go south with the vaccine, it’ll happen to me. My employer isn’t mandating it…yet. Yet is the operative word. I can’t afford to lose my job. So here we are. (I also oppose public vaccine mandates FYI).

I’ve seen the good vaccines can do. Eradicating polio, smallpox. The annual flu vaccine, even if imperfect, absolutely saved me from being horribly sick several years ago (and I was pretty sick to begin with).

I hate that science has become so politicized because it has and does wonderful things. This may very well be one of them.

LINK

One of my state's U.S. Senators got it yesterday, too. She posted on Facebook this morning: Update from yesterday’s COVID vaccine: arm is a little tender (similar feeling after a flu shot). Otherwise, no problems.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org