Author Topic: Scope 3 Emissions: A Climate Accounting Absurdity  (Read 221 times)

rangerrebew

Scope 3 Emissions: A Climate Accounting Absurdity
« on: December 19, 2020, 11:12:28 am »

Scope 3 Emissions: A Climate Accounting Absurdity
By Steve Milloy
December 16, 2020

ExxonMobil announced this week that it would begin reporting so-called “Scope 3” emissions, per the demands of climate activists masquerading as company investors.

Climate activists have developed a special nomenclature in their war against corporations and their emissions. Scope 1 emissions are what’s emitted by a company in the direct production of its products. In the case of ExxonMobil, this means emissions associated with drilling, refining, and transportation of its petroleum products.

Scope 2 emissions are those emitted by another entity (say, a power plant) in the production of a company’s products.

Scope 3 emissions are those of the company’s products when used by customers. For ExxonMobil, Scope 3 emissions are emissions from customers burning petroleum products like gasoline and natural gas.

https://www.realclearenergy.org/articles/2020/12/16/scope_3_emissions_a_climate_accounting_absurdity_653453.html

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Scope 3 Emissions: A Climate Accounting Absurdity
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 12:14:13 pm »
EOM can put me down for zero.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis