Author Topic: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Demands Social Media Giants Censor Conservative Celebrities and Non-Woke Liberal  (Read 511 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Demands Social Media Giants Censor Conservative Celebrities and Non-Woke Liberal Stars

David Ng 17 Dec 2020

Former NBA star Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is attacking conservative and anti-woke celebrities, demanding that social media giants step up censorship because these stars are tweeting “irrational and harmful opinions to millions.”

In an essay for The Hollywood Reporter, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar singled out conservative Hollywood stars Jon Voight and James Woods. He also targeted liberal celebrities who refuse to submit to woke ideology, including Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling, who has advocated for recognizing the difference between biological and transgender women.

“Social media companies have begun slapping warnings on some messages that are false, incite violence or cause harm to society. But this needs to be done with more consistency and vigilance,” Abdul-Jabbar wrote.

“Many Americans imbue stars with political and social intelligence they just don’t have… It doesn’t help to be surrounded by fawning people whose job it is to agree with everything you say. The irresponsibility of tweeting irrational and harmful opinions to millions, regardless of the damaging consequences to their country or people’s lives, proves that those stars deserve the harsh backlash.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2020/12/17/kareem-abdul-jabbar-demands-social-media-giants-censor-conservative-celebrities-and-non-woke-liberal-stars/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Advocating censorship is harmful to soceity.  Someone please shut this fascist up
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline skeeter

Slouching towards a third world tinpot dictatorship.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
7'2" and 73 years, old Lou better watch his blood pressure.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Lou Alcindor! I thought that dumb ass died from food poisoning. He had the Fish. He a slight fever and dryness of the throat.Then when the virus penetrates the red blood cells, Lou became dizzy, began to experience an itchy rash, then the poison went to work on the central nervous system, severe muscle spasms followed by the inevitable drooling. At that point, Lou's entire digestive system collapsed accompanied by uncontrollable flatulence.

That ex(planes) why he is talking out his ass until finally, the poor bastard is reduced to a quivering wasted piece of jelly.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Another 'former' steps up to the Party microphone to tell us hoi polloi how to live. Sod off, ya bloody wanker!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

KAJ is just exhibiting the inherent fascism in most liberals.  "I don't like what you're saying, so I'm going to try to stop you from saying it."