Author Topic: Biden taps Buttigieg to serve as Transportation secretary  (Read 2675 times)

Offline Knox27

Re: Biden taps Buttigieg to serve as Transportation secretary
« Reply #125 on: December 16, 2020, 01:22:06 am »
Your "Can't legislate morality" is a poor argument, and here's where it breaks down:

I don't like Murder or Thievery because they are immoral at best. Yet, we have laws prohibiting both and many other things.

Should we just make all that legal and rely on people behaving morally?   

Used to be, abortion was considered highly immoral, yet now, because of Judicial Fiat it's right as rain in all 50 states, districts and possessions.  We've been told that to outlaw it would be horrible and unconstitutional to boot.  Now, here we have you telling us that homosexuality (made legal by black-robed tytants the same way, BTW) is also a swell thing, and people objecting to it should be mocked, insulted, and written out of conservatism.  You feel good about people strung out on smack passed out on the sidewalks are cool, too?  One of those retarded North Western states think it is.

This is why you are getting on the nerves of the Membership of this Forum.  You want to "wear it as a badge of honor" if you get kicked out?  Be my guest.

You say murder is illegal because it is immoral, but I say murder is illegal because laws were created to have a functioning society.  Now over time, of course laws were added to the books based on prevailing morality.  But so what?  Morality was such at one point that slavery was legal, so then of what use is morality for enacting laws?

If I murder someone, the murdered person is obviously hurt.  As is their mom and best friend and whomever.  Same with rape, theft, arson, assault.  These things do not require a moral judgement.  And they shouldn't because making laws based on morality has yielded some pretty bad results.

But this is getting into theories of law, and morality, positivism, and honestly I'm not into getting into that.

Re homosexuality.  I am not saying it is a swell thing, I'm saying it is a thing for millions of people, that causes no harm to others, and they should not be harmed because of who they decide to make a life with.  It is not for anyone to make legal (like those black robed tyrants did) and I don't think people should be ridden out of conservatism for it because I don't believe it is a conservative value to discriminate against people who are not harming anyone, I just think they are wrong here.

Offline Mod5

« Reply #126 on: December 16, 2020, 01:26:05 am »
Please discuss the topic of this thread.

Please use the report post function rather than trolling in the thread.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2020, 01:35:56 am »

We tried but Jazzy's poodle doesn't want to.  Several people have tried to steer him back onto the topic but it seems he has a particular Ox to gore tonight.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Knox27

« Reply #128 on: December 16, 2020, 01:39:39 am »
Evolution is about the evolving and improvement of the species over time.

Homosexuality does nothing to further or improve the species.  It stops dead in its tracks here homosexuality is concerned.

I have no problem if someone is gay.  Where I take issue is when people tell me I HAVE to accept their chosen lifestyle or else.

Don't shove your beliefs down my throat...especially when it something that personally morally and biblicaly is wrong.

Who is obligating anyone to ensure humans keep evolving????

Speaking of homosexuality here, "accepting" is babble.  You can feel however you want, my view is that people publicly mock them and discriminate against them.  It causes actual harm to them, it is against what I believe are American ideals of acceptance and freedom, and it loses votes.  Its also a nasty, small-minded thing to do. 

The world has a shameful history of how minority groups are treated.  Further, the bible was written by men and has as much authority and truth as a wheres waldo book.   It makes no sense to base anything off of it.  Rationality is not a liberal thing.  I fail to see how my view is deviating from republicanism or conservatism.  In the end, sure, it doesnt matter.  The sun will envelop the Earth, protons will decay, and nothing exists.

But today for millions of Americans you can help or hurt through your words and actions.  Youre not required to take one stance or another.  But I'm a troll and liberal for thinking its hurting them and saying its wrong and not in line with conservatism.  Whatever, I'm gonna go eat and get high before anyone tells me i have to adhere to an all plant diet and a no plant leisure time.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2020, 01:39:46 am »

Come on.   How stupid are you to post that?  This thread is a train wreck.  Off the rails. Never coming back.  If you had a pair you would nuke this from low orbit and put it out of its misery. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2020, 01:49:50 am »
Come on.   How stupid are you to post that?  This thread is a train wreck.  Off the rails. Never coming back.  If you had a pair you would nuke this from low orbit and put it out of its misery.

Sounds good to me.  I'd rather lock the thread than have to put another head on a pike.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: