Author Topic: CDC panels sets distribution plan for who will get the COVID-19 vaccine first  (Read 1437 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

CDC panels sets distribution plan for who will get the COVID-19 vaccine first

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/health/cdc-vote-tuesday-who-will-get-covid-19-vaccine-first

An advisory panel for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Tuesday set out how any COVID-19 vaccine will be distributed.

The CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) voted to direct that health-care workers and residents of long-term care facilities will be the first to get the shots of in the initial rollout once federal regulators authorize use of a vaccine. The recommendation must be approved by CDC Director Robert Redfield, but governors will eventually have the final say on who gets the vaccine first.

But those two top-priority groups total nearly 25 million Americans and are most at risk.

If you want a canary-in-the-coal-mine early sign of whether and to what degree the production and distribution phase of OWS will become politicized, priorities will be a very early warning. Another will be the run-up and follow-up to the December 10th and 17th meeting of the FDA committee that will decide on Emergency Use Authorization for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. Anti-vaxxers aside, the more and louder the howls, the more and greater the impending politicization.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
IOW, "Welcome, lab rats!"

No thanks.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Audio from Tom Roten's radio show, where he spoke to a pharmacist about the vaccines. She says the potential side effects are completely unknown - and if it does something awful to you, you're out of luck because there's no one you can sue.
WV Pharmacist: COVID19 Vaccine Makers Exempt from Liability

She observes that there are no animal testing studies for these coming Covid vaccines.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 07:03:11 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline RetBobbyMI

Give it FIRST to all those politicians and media idiots that are pushing that vaccine crap. Then wait 3 months before anyone else gets it.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline PeteS in CA

She observes that there are no animal testing studies for these coming Covid vaccines.

Assuming that claim is true, so what? Tests with humans began in March for the Moderna vaccine, and in April for the BioNtech/Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines. Over that time: 15K-20K people have received the BioNtech/Pfizer vaccine; 15K-20K people have received the Moderna vaccine; 20K-25K people have received the AstraZeneca vaccine. To date some 10K people have received the Novavax vaccine, and another 5K-10K will in the near future. Because Johnson & Johnson is testing two different dosing regimens, some 45K people will receive that vaccine in testing begun 9/23. Her claim lost significance over 8 months ago.

ETA: This was news to me, https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/11/researchers-rush-to-start-moderna-coronavirus-vaccine-trial-without-usual-animal-testing/ . If you burrow down about halfway into the article:

That doesn’t mean the scientists have sped past animal testing entirely. Virologists at NIAID tried the new (Moderna) vaccine on run-of-the-mill lab mice, the institute told STAT by email, on the same day that the trial began enrolling participants. Barney Graham, director of NIAID’s vaccine research center, later added that those mice showed the same sort of immune response generated by a similar mRNA vaccine against MERS, another coronavirus. “That level of immune response was sufficient to protect mice from MERS CoV infection,” Graham wrote.

The trouble is, your average lab mouse doesn’t seem susceptible to the new virus. While the bug behind Covid-19 has no trouble co-opting molecules on human cells to get inside and start multiplying, it isn’t so good at latching onto the mouse equivalent. Although Graham can say the response produced in everyday mice looks similar to one that helped mice combat the virus in their bodies when infected with MERS, he can’t yet say the same thing for the new coronavirus, because the mice susceptible to this pathogen aren’t ready yet.

These pathogen-susceptible rodents were specially engineered in the wake of another coronavirus outbreak: SARS, in the early 2000s. To make them easier to infect, scientists adorned their cells with the human molecule that allows certain coronaviruses to slip inside. But when coronavirus research slowed between outbreaks, scientists couldn’t justify the expense of keeping many of them; so while these mice seem to be susceptible to the new virus, too, there aren’t currently enough for experiments to start.

So some animal testing was done on the Moderna vaccine. What limited any value of animal testing was the shortage of lab animals susceptible to SARS-CoV-2. The testing done yielded safety and immune response data, but because the tested mice were not susceptible to SARS-CoV-2 it could not be determined whether that immune response was effective.

Needless to say, the shortage of lab animals susceptible to SARS-CoV-2 would impose the same limitations on testing the BioNTEch/Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines - relatively valid for safety, but not for testing effectiveness.

Though the wording is vague, this article mentions that both Moderna and Pfizer used animal testing, https://www.corporateknights.com/channels/leadership/of-mice-and-men-could-covid-spell-the-end-of-animal-testing-%E2%80%AF-16045839/ .

This article mentions testing with monkeys having been done with the Sinovac and Oxford vaccines, https://wtop.com/animals-pets/2020/06/monkeys-ferrets-offer-needed-clues-in-covid-19-vaccine-race/ . The Oxford vaccine is the one being tested by AstraZeneca.

So whoever this "WV pharmacist" is, she is uninformed/misinformed. And in doing the fact-checking I also am now better informed.

ETA, Part 2: While its vaccine is probably a few months away from requesting EUA, Novavax also did animal testing, https://ir.novavax.com/news-releases/news-release-details/novavax-advances-development-novel-covid-19-vaccine . Vaxart's vaccine is even farther out, but they did testing with hamsters, https://investors.vaxart.com/news-releases/news-release-details/vaxart-announces-additional-data-hamster-challenge-study-its .
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 09:45:33 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline PeteS in CA

Give it FIRST to all those politicians and media idiots that are pushing that vaccine crap. Then wait 3 months before anyone else gets it.

Too late, :silly: . 60K-100K already have received the vaccines, most of them 2-8 months ago. So it is already known that the adverse effects of receiving the vaccines are between none and very moderate.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Back in the day I was vaxed for everything.  Polio. Measles mumps and rubella.  That brings me to Small Pox.  Kids of my generation who got the Vax carry the mark of the beast!   It is funny to think that scar told everyone you took the Small Pox Shot. 

I am surprised the Gov doesn't have a plan to do the same with the Rona shot.  Some scar to show the Vax police you have been assimilated.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

Back in the day I was vaxed for everything.  Polio. Measles mumps and rubella.  That brings me to Small Pox.  Kids of my generation who got the Vax carry the mark of the beast!   It is funny to think that scar told everyone you took the Small Pox Shot. 

Bloodbanks screening questionnaire used have a carelessly worded question along the lines of, "Have you or a person you live with been vaccinated for smallpox?" The people they wanted to screen out had been vaccinated recently, but the question didn't make that distinction. So I had to let the screening aide know that both I and Mrs. PeteS had been vaccinated ....... as children. After some discussion I was allowed to donate. I'm not sure I can anymore, but I hope they've clarified that question.

Offline mountaineer

Some scar to show the Vax police you have been assimilated.
Easy peasy. Just inject a microchip along with the vaccine. Voila. You can scan your way through life.

Offline libertybele

Easy peasy. Just inject a microchip along with the vaccine. Voila. You can scan your way through life.

That's my fear .... microchipping.  From the people that I've talked to that have been tested for COVID it is ridiculous that they insert the swab so far up the nose, when similar, simpler and more comfortable tests are available.  So ... those tested are they putting a chip in the sinus cavity?  Every child in our county is getting tested in the public school system.  Absolutely absurd -- parents work and they could easily infect the child AFTER the child has been tested.  As a parent, I would be fuming....but I would also have opted to home school period.  There are other avenues for kids to interact with others and make friends other than school; boy scouts, girl scouts, playgrounds, church functions, etc.

I'm high risk, but I am not getting the dang vaccine.  From what I've been reading the side effects are terrible.  My thought is how many people are going to have such adverse side effects that they die from the vaccine.  I've also read that more than one dose of the vaccine is needed.  B.S.  No thank you!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

My prediction, especially if Biden's "victory" holds up, is that unvaccinated people will be prohibited from (at the very least) air travel.

Offline libertybele

I am surprised the Gov doesn't have a plan to do the same with the Rona shot.  Some scar to show the Vax police you have been assimilated.

Not me.  I was vaccinated against polio that was it.  I was ill with the mumps, chickenpox, measles, German measles, scarletina, boils, impetigo and scarlet fever.  I survived all of them!  No vaccines.   I've had the flu twice in my life. Once as a teenager and once after I got the flu shot.

No vaccines for me.  Notta.  None.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

My prediction, especially if Biden's "victory" holds up, is that unvaccinated people will be prohibited from (at the very least) air travel.

Those who aren't vaccinated will be rounded up and quarantined....in a government gulag.  COVID is an excuse to chip people. 

Offline PeteS in CA

Having seen hypodermic needles and having seen IC dice, the whole "microchipping" conspiracy theory is absurd. Cannot work as a single injection. An IC alone could not fit through the needle, and the need for a power source compounds the impossibility. Then there's the lack of programming devices and trained personnel at pharmacies ... this "microchipping" conspiracy theory is fruitcakery.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
:facepalm2:

You can't implant a microchip via a vaccine injection. Injections go directly into the bloodstream; a microchip that gets put in that way will most likely end up causing a serious clot among who knows what other kind of circulatory damage.

This microchip nonsense is nothing but bad actors trying to scare people.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

:facepalm2:

You can't implant a microchip via a vaccine injection. Injections go directly into the bloodstream; a microchip that gets put in that way will most likely end up causing a serious clot among who knows what other kind of circulatory damage.

If there's a way to microchip people under the guise of a vaccine ... they'll do it.  Keep in mind that the vaccine requires 2 rounds ....and if they aren't administering a microchip during the vaccine process .... it's a possibility that all those tested for COVID have been chipped.  There's no reason why a swab of the mouth, which has proven to be more effective, couldn't have sufficed.  Instead they swabbed way up in the sinus cavity. 

You can think what you want ... IF they want to microchip the masses, they've already found a way to do it and it's being done with COVID as the excuse.  Prior to COVID, remember those in Silicon Valley were applauding getting chipped. 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Not me.  I was vaccinated against polio that was it.  I was ill with the mumps, chickenpox, measles, German measles, scarletina, boils, impetigo and scarlet fever.  I survived all of them!  No vaccines.   I've had the flu twice in my life. Once as a teenager and once after I got the flu shot.

No vaccines for me.  Notta.  None.

Maybe that is way you are in poor health now?   Just say'n.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

The amount of bad-faith anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theory mongers "out there" spreading ridiculous nonsense under claims of supposed deadly problems, supposed corrupt conflicts of interest, concentration camp conspiracies, etc., etc., etc. is amazing me.

Offline libertybele

Maybe that is way you are in poor health now?   Just say'n.

I built up natural immunity instead of vaccines.  I had a heart attack due to ridiculous stress at the time - family squabbles, my mother-in-law just died, I had just finished school a month early, searching for work, went through training and had a heart attack the first day on the job; luckily for me, my job was in a hospital just outside the E.R.  I am high-energy...and have been told to slow down ... not my personality. 

Because I use a lot of of natural remedies (herbs mostly) I am strongly affected by prescriptions ... the last one is what did me in ...my health has deteriorated since then ... prior to that prescription I was fine and walking 2 miles a day 6-7 days a week.  The medical community denies that the prescription had an effect .... I declare b.s.

Offline Smokin Joe

:yowsa:  THIS!  pointing-up

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Having seen hypodermic needles and having seen IC dice, the whole "microchipping" conspiracy theory is absurd. Cannot work as a single injection. An IC alone could not fit through the needle, and the need for a power source compounds the impossibility. Then there's the lack of programming devices and trained personnel at pharmacies ... this "microchipping" conspiracy theory is fruitcakery.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/invisible-ink-could-reveal-whether-kids-have-been-vaccinated/

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Polly Karr   @karr_pe
Obama, Bush and Clinton should get the vaccine on live TV and then live in a house together reality TV style while the world watches to see any vaccine side effects. And also hilarious hijinks.
9:25 AM · Dec 3, 2020·
Clinton, Bush, Obama willing to take COVID-19 vaccine live on TV
By Kenneth Garger
December 3, 2020 | 1:18am

America’s three most recent former presidents have reportedly all said they would publicly take a COVID-19 vaccine once one is approved to help promote the drug’s safety.

Former Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton told CNN of their intentions — while former President Barack Obama said in an interview set to air Thursday he may end up taking a COVID-19 vaccine on TV.

Bush has even reached out to White House coronavirus task force members Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Deborah Birx to volunteer to help encourage US citizens to take the vaccine, the former president’s chief of staff, Freddy Ford, told CNN. ...

In an interview with SiriusXM host Joe Madison set to air Thursday, Obama vowed to take the vaccine once it’s deemed safe, according to CNN. ...
NY Post
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 02:53:04 pm by mountaineer »

Offline rustynail

Vaccination cards will be issued to everyone getting Covid-19 vaccine, health officials say

"Everyone will be issued a written card that they can put in their wallet that will tell them what they had and when their next dose is due," Moore said. "Let's do the simple, easy thing first. Everyone's going to get that."
Vaccination clinics will also be reporting to their state immunization registries what vaccine was given, so that, for example, an entity could run a query if it didn't know where a patient got a first dose.

Moore said many places are planning to ask patients to voluntarily provide a cell phone number.......

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/02/health/covid-19-vaccination-kit-record-card/index.html?utm_source=twCNN&utm_term=image&utm_content=2020-12-03T13%3A47%3A58&utm_medium=social   (screw that)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 04:01:45 pm by rustynail »

Offline mountaineer

"Everyone will be issued a written card that they can put in their wallet that will tell them what they had and when their next dose is due," Moore said. "Let's do the simple, easy thing first. Everyone's going to get that."
Wow, that sounds so nice and helpful! I guess the gubmint really is looking out for my best interest.

Offline PeteS in CA

So I'll get a card like doctors and dentists do to remind me of my next appointment? Horrors!