Author Topic: 'Serious threat': Top Catholic bishop criticizes Biden for abortion positions  (Read 197 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Serious threat': Top Catholic bishop criticizes Biden for abortion positions
by Nicholas Rowan, Staff Writer
 | November 17, 2020 05:37 PM

On Tuesday, one of the most prominent Catholic bishops criticized President-elect Joe Biden for his positions on abortion and gay and transgender issues.

Los Angeles Archbishop Jose Gomez, president of the U. S. Council of Catholic Bishops, speaking at the group's annual conference, said that Biden's presidency presents "opportunities but also certain challenges" for Catholic-backed policies. While praising Biden, who is Catholic, for his opposition to the death penalty, his support for immigration reform, and his environmental commitments, Gomez said that his stances on abortion are unacceptable.

"These policies undermine our preeminent priority of the elimination of abortion," he said in reference to a series of policies, including Biden's position on the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision legalizing abortion nationwide, the Hyde Amendment that prohibits federal funding of abortions, and the Equality Act, which many Catholic leaders say will infringe on religious liberty rights.

"These policies pose a serious threat to the common good whenever any politician supports them," Gomez said, adding that "when politicians who profess the Catholic faith support them, there are additional problems. Among other things, it creates confusion with the faithful about what the Church actually teaches on these questions."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/serious-threat-top-catholic-bishop-criticizes-biden-for-abortion-positions
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

With a few exceptions the U. S. Council of Catholic Bishops are a bunch of

I don't say that gladly, and I know many US Catholics are deeply unhappy with what is passing for leadership in the US and worldwide Catholic Church.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online verga

The USCCB has to get on national television and publicly announce that any Catholic Politician that supports abortion is formally excommunicated, until such time as them attend confession and receive absolution. Their penance must include publicly admitting their sin and repudiating their sinful position. ANY and I mean ANY priest that disregards this must be immediately laicized. You are either Catholic and follow the rules or you are not. I am looking at you Biden, Pelosi, Cuomo, etc....
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
PeteS complained:
"I don't say that gladly, and I know many US Catholics are deeply unhappy with what is passing for leadership in the US and worldwide Catholic Church."

Well... look at who is at the head of the Church...