Author Topic: The real story behind AG Barr authorizing investigations of vote fraud blows away the MSM narrative  (Read 404 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 11, 2020
The real story behind AG Barr authorizing investigations of vote fraud blows away the MSM narrative
By Thomas Lifson

Even some of my most respected conservative correspondents have been taken in by pessimism over Attorney General William Barr's authorization of investigation of vote fraud.  The media cabal seeking to oust President Trump focused on the abrupt purported "resignation" (he is keeping his federal paycheck and transferring to a different post) of Richard Pilger, director of the DOJ Criminal Division's Election Crimes Branch.  The narrative Pilger offers, all but universally adopted by the media, is that Barr is violating established norms and acting out of (corrupt) political motives.

Pilger's email called Barr's edict "an important new policy abrogating the 40-year-old Non-Interference policy of ballot fraud investigations in the period prior to elections becoming certified and uncontested."

"Having familiarized myself with the new policy and its ramifications ... I must regretfully resign from my role as Director of the Election Crimes Branch," Pilger wrote in his message, first reported by The New York Times. "I have enjoyed very much working with you for over a decade to aggressively and diligently enforce federal criminal election law, policy, and practice without partisan fear or favor."

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/11/the_real_story_behind_ag_barr_authorizing_investigations_of_vote_fraud_blows_away_the_msm_narrative.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
GREAT reporting here!  Be sure to click on the internal links as well. Especially those of ShipWreckedCrew!

(Snip)  As SWC notes:

Contrary to popular belief, the FBI has not been sitting on its hands all week while evidence of suspicious activity has been developing in multiple locations across the country.

So, Barr at that point knew that the FBI was doing its job. But then it turned out that that wasn't the only roadblock for investigators. It's entirely possible that Barr may not initially have been aware that Pilger was blocking any substantive action on the allegations that the FBI (and probably USAs) was/were receiving. When Barr learned of this, he took action. As SWC explains:

What happened today, and what prompted Pilger to "quit" was that AG Barr said to US Attorneys – "If you have substantial allegations of election fraud in your district, you have authority to investigate that."  Basically, Barr cut Pilger and Election Crimes Branch out of the picture as "gatekeepers" to starting investigations in places like Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Atlanta.

It's a bit like federalism in action within DoJ, with authority being devolved to the local judicial district level. But you and I would never have known what was behind Barr's action without insider knowledge of Election Branch procedures. So, with one stroke of the pen Barr has broken up the logjam that obstructionists at DoJ (protected by civil service laws) had constructed. (snip)
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
GREAT reporting here!  Be sure to click on the internal links as well. Especially those of ShipWreckedCrew!

(Snip)  As SWC notes:

Contrary to popular belief, the FBI has not been sitting on its hands all week while evidence of suspicious activity has been developing in multiple locations across the country.

So, Barr at that point knew that the FBI was doing its job. But then it turned out that that wasn't the only roadblock for investigators. It's entirely possible that Barr may not initially have been aware that Pilger was blocking any substantive action on the allegations that the FBI (and probably USAs) was/were receiving. When Barr learned of this, he took action. As SWC explains:

What happened today, and what prompted Pilger to "quit" was that AG Barr said to US Attorneys – "If you have substantial allegations of election fraud in your district, you have authority to investigate that."  Basically, Barr cut Pilger and Election Crimes Branch out of the picture as "gatekeepers" to starting investigations in places like Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Atlanta.

It's a bit like federalism in action within DoJ, with authority being devolved to the local judicial district level. But you and I would never have known what was behind Barr's action without insider knowledge of Election Branch procedures. So, with one stroke of the pen Barr has broken up the logjam that obstructionists at DoJ (protected by civil service laws) had constructed. (snip)

Can we hope that Barr is really doing this, or is this another Durham/Huber fiasco?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Can we hope that Barr is really doing this, or is this another Durham/Huber fiasco?

I truly believe we and use the past tense here @Cyber Liberty as in HAS DONE!  And it is a HUGE development IMHO.

With one stroke of the pen Barr has broken up the logjam that obstructionists at DoJ (protected by civil service laws) had constructed.

But, missing from much of the coverage of what Barr did today is the most significant point — what his statement did was authorize the use of federal grand juries, not within the confines of Washington D.C., to gather evidence.

THIS is what the left-wing pundit class is so alarmed about over AG Barr's announcement.

@DCPatriot @skeeter @Right_in_Virginia @Cyber Liberty @Smokin Joe @Hoodat
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 04:06:15 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I truly believe we and use the past tense here @Cyber Liberty as in HAS DONE!  And it is a HUGE development IMHO.

I still have a giant "Maybe!" on this.  Barr, for all his great rhetoric, appears to have dropped the ball on Spygate.  My disappointment in Durham knows no bounds.  If he had the DoJ establishment by the shorthairs, no good purpose was served by delaying the results until after the election!

I do enjoy Barr's rhetoric, but it would probably be better served as a newspaper columnist, assuming a paper exists that would print him.  Being AG, he has the responsibility of prosecuting the law, and in that he's not much better than Sessions (who was a good Senator, should have left him there).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Giant maybe?  Geezz.  Barr will need ten years to investigate this.  He has one month.  Much ado about nothing.  The man is a serious swamp dweller.  He is a Bushie, so do not hold your breath for anything from this guy.  Just one more phony effort to appear that he is doing something.