Author Topic: Why Doesn’t It Feel Like Biden is Winning?  (Read 3284 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why Doesn’t It Feel Like Biden is Winning?
« on: October 06, 2020, 02:44:33 pm »
Why Doesn’t It Feel Like Biden is Winning?
President Trump has made fools out of thousands of prophets predicting his doom.
By Adam Mill
October 5, 2020

On Tuesday November 8, 2016 at 7:00 pm, I entered an Uber to travel to a Chicago-area stand-up comedy club in search of escape from the inevitable. The New York Times set Clinton’s percentage chance at victory in the high-90s. The driver had his radio tuned to a panel of NPR election experts assembled to announce the results as they came in. Most of the panel members chirped enthusiastically about Clinton’s inevitable victory. But one Clinton supporter spoke in hushed tones regarding the results from a particular county in Florida. I could hear it in his voice. My news sources still showed a likely Clinton victory. But this expert’s voice told the truth: The polls were wrong.

As we approach the next election, the polls again show an insurmountably persistent Trump deficit in the popular vote and even in key battleground states. Poll aggregator Nate Silver estimates Trump’s approval to be below Obama, Clinton, and Reagan at similar points in their presidencies. Silver fixes the chance of a Biden victory at 81 percent as of his writing on October 5th. The betting markets show a recent collapse in confidence that Trump will be reelected.

So why doesn’t it feel like Biden is winning?

If we had no polls, betting markets, or professional pontificators, what outcome would we predict from the things that we can observe with our own eyes and ears? Let’s run through a few non-scientific intangibles that don’t seem to line-up with the polling.

The media is actively sheltering Biden. If a Biden victory were indeed inevitable, would we see such vigorous coordination by the media to shelter and prop up Biden? As I recently noted, even a casual observer could see the media seemed to be tipping-off Biden on the already-softball questions it intended to ask. It is also clear that the moderator at the first debate frequently interfered to protect Biden from questions about his son’s corruption, potential Biden Supreme Court nominees, Biden’s position on phasing out private insurance, Biden’s specific criticism of Trump’s COVID-19 policies, and the reasons for Biden’s law enforcement support deficit.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2020/10/05/why-doesnt-it-feel-like-biden-is-winning/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Why Doesn’t It Feel Like Biden is Winning?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 02:55:58 pm »
The only poill I put any remote faith in, is Raz.  It has Biden up by 8 in their last poll September 30th.  I do think Biden is winning, but 3/4 of the Biden votes are extreme anti-Trump votes that have been drummed up in a fervor and generated by a false MSM narrative. 

In the sheeple mind of American voters, its the ultimate lesser of 2 evils race.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 08:44:32 pm »
I believe there is a song that explains it

He's a Loser
The New Christy Minstrels
He's a loser
Pay no mind to what he says
He's a loser
He's got rocks in both his hands
He's a loser
He can't win, can't place a show
He's a loser
And you know how much I hate
To say I told you so
But I told you so.
He's a loser
Call him anything you choose
He's a loser
If he'd race himself, he'd lose
He's a loser
Always stop when he says go
He's a loser
And you know how much I hate
To say I told you so
But I told you so.
And trouble follows in his track
He's bad luck, he's bad news
Let him go, don't call him back
He's a bad case of the blues
He's a loser
Pay no mind to what he says
He's a loser
He's got rocks in both his…

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 08:47:19 pm »
It feels like Biden will get blown out. The only thing that gives me pause is the rat cheatin machine.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 11:13:34 pm »
"Why Doesn’t It Feel Like Biden is Winning?"

Strong horse, weak horse...?
Because he looks like... "a loser"?

However, none of this matters as much as it once did.
We're well into an era where voters make their choices "by party" and by ideology before "the candidate".

Biden is a cinch to win 40% of the vote.
More likely, it will be 45-47%.
Could get near or slightly over 50% -- remember o'er-the-hillary last time around...?

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 11:38:51 pm »
The virus is why both campaigns went down.  They are both in their 70s, and if you are dead you cannot be president.  Biden is being careful - Trump did not.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 11:49:53 pm »
Because as the article alludes, the Dems and media act a certain way when they think the Dem is winning, and they aren't acting that way this election.

The only thing the GOP needs to do is what you should always do - run like you're 20 points behind.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 11:53:37 pm »
Because as the article alludes, the Dems and media act a certain way when they think the Dem is winning, and they aren't acting that way this election.

The only thing the GOP needs to do is what you should always do - run like you're 20 points behind.
Biden is making repeated campaign stops in Pennsylvania. His home state. If he were really ahead he'd be campaigning in Kansas or Idaho.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 12:02:36 am »
The virus is why both campaigns went down.  They are both in their 70s, and if you are dead you cannot be president.  Biden is being careful -

:bsflag:  The Biden campaign was never "up".  Biden's campaign hid their candidate from the moment he grabbed the nomination and used the virus as cover @Victoria33 

The handlers didn't want their brain damaged, hostile, lying candidate near a microphone to talk about how children love the blond hair on his wet legs, or how he's running for the Senate or how his sister is his wife or how he loves being in Vermont when he's in New Hampshire ---- and they didn't want their brain damaged, hostile, lying candidate close enough to any child or woman to sniff her hair and fondle her body.

Coronavirus was a gift from China to the Biden campaign.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 12:04:01 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2020, 12:28:41 am »
The virus is why both campaigns went down.  They are both in their 70s, and if you are dead you cannot be president.  Biden is being careful - Trump did not.
But Trump wins immunity. If the figures being bandied about had any kinship with reality, in that mere testing positive yields a COD of COVID (only in the US, by decree of the CDC), the overcounts and presumptives, then he would indeed seem reckless. If he does not have the medical conditions, if the hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin/zinc protocol works as a prophylactic or treatment, then he is proving the very doctors who have taken the spotlight wrong, and at least in the eyes of some, risked his life to do so.

That puts the onus of the advice back on the advisors, the CDC, the WHO, and all the doctors who constructed flawed studies to prove a political point while abandoning good science. Not to mention the Rats and the MSM.

He helped build the economy, they pulled it down under false pretenses, and he can help rebuild it--at least that's the way it looks from the nosebleed seats.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Absalom

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2020, 05:52:38 am »
-----------------------------------
Victoria, an opinion.
Biden is far ahead and headed for a landslide; for a direct and simple reason.
He has, in effect, withdrawn from the campaign and ceded the stage to Trump; yet why???
Because his advisors recognized long ago that Trump is his own mortal enemy.
He has been a preening and strutting narcissist since the womb (as his Mother well knew)
and has exhausted his welcome w/the plain people of our nation.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2020, 06:29:15 am »
Victoria, an opinion.
He has, in effect, withdrawn from the campaign and ceded the stage to Trump; yet why???
He has been a preening and strutting narcissist since the womb (as his Mother well knew)
Not sure where you are, but the "plain people" here, the blue collar oil patch and others here who have made their living off of producing oil and the dozens of related industries--which is why gasoline costs half what it did under Obama, not COVID, all still strongly support Trump. Flags fly in virtually every yard with a pole, either US, Trump, or both, and are seen commonly flying from vehicles as well, and all proclaim that support. There is even a brick and mortar Trump Store in town, which sells such.  These "plain people of our nation, folks who wear boots to work, not Italian loafers, are all for Trump.

Keep in mind Biden has sworn to destroy their jobs, which should be a signal to the average schmuck that fuel costs would double. That would be promptly reflected in every other sector, through increased shipping costs, right down to delivery charges for your pizza. Before you say "electric cars", let me remind you the Natural Gas that provides a lot of that electricity is a byproduct of oil production as often as not. An awful lot of those "plain people" understand the disaster a Biden Presidency would be, personally and nationally.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 06:30:57 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2020, 01:13:40 pm »

Regressive Marxists would be calm and confident in their posts instead of the nasty evil
bas!arts they are. They would also take every bet offered.

Nah. I don't feel like it is a BiteMe win coming, nor do anyone with a conservative bent,
nor do the Regressive Marxists. Why else did they burn cities, loot stores, and murder
even children?
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2020, 02:12:51 pm »
Victoria, an opinion.
@Absalom
@Smokin Joe

Absalom, what you say is true.  I have studied Trump from the time he was born.  I also have nine books about him.   I also agree with you that the general population is tired of a crisis every day.  What I am saying is not political, it is the way he has been all his life.

Once an adult, he wanted to be in the newspaper everyday and used a fake name to call newspapers and tell them what "Trump" was doing.  That got him in the newspaper most days.  He did not change when president.  He is still him.

I think for sure he lost the election yesterday when he did this:
He dropped the stimulus package and said he would do it "after" the election.  That is almost a month before he will take it up again.  All those without jobs need the money right now.  Those people are not going to vote for him.  When he said he is dropping it; he said after the election, he would do a great stimulus for them.  That translates to vote for me and you get a great stimulus.  The unsaid message is "Don't vote for me and you don't get it."

I think people who need the money, don't digest the part you get it after the election.  They get the part they are not getting the money now.  If you had no money, you would nix the man who stopped the money getting to you right now.  (I just saw that airlines are desperate for the money in that stimulus package; how many of them are going to vote for him now?)

This is the way I see this right now after he nixed the money yesterday.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 02:16:56 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2020, 03:14:26 pm »
@Absalom
@Smokin Joe

Absalom, what you say is true.  I have studied Trump from the time he was born.  I also have nine books about him.   I also agree with you that the general population is tired of a crisis every day.  What I am saying is not political, it is the way he has been all his life.

Once an adult, he wanted to be in the newspaper everyday and used a fake name to call newspapers and tell them what "Trump" was doing.  That got him in the newspaper most days.  He did not change when president.  He is still him.

I think for sure he lost the election yesterday when he did this:
He dropped the stimulus package and said he would do it "after" the election.  That is almost a month before he will take it up again.  All those without jobs need the money right now.  Those people are not going to vote for him.  When he said he is dropping it; he said after the election, he would do a great stimulus for them.  That translates to vote for me and you get a great stimulus.  The unsaid message is "Don't vote for me and you don't get it."

I think people who need the money, don't digest the part you get it after the election.  They get the part they are not getting the money now.  If you had no money, you would nix the man who stopped the money getting to you right now.  (I just saw that airlines are desperate for the money in that stimulus package; how many of them are going to vote for him now?)

This is the way I see this right now after he nixed the money yesterday.

As for the crisis du jour, that is the way the news media maintains its relevance. Even the weathermen started naming snowstorms and hyping them. So I can't, in all honesty, put that at Trump's feet. The only difference is that with a Democrat in the White House, the MSM hides the evils of this world, presents them as features and not bugs, or diminishes them by distraction.

As for the lack of stimulus dollars, I agree that the initial impression I get is negative as well. People are hurting, and the message that needs to be emphasized is that Pelosi, et al, are the problem with this because the Democrats keep holding the money for individuals and small businesses for ransom so they can funnel money to their cronies and special interests. It doesn't take a hard look to surmise that a portion of those trillions will make its way back into DNC coffers before the election and be used to try to reelect or elect Democrats should the funding go through, but the average LIV will be looking at their wallet, not where the rest of the money is going.

Until the COVID issues are resolved, the airlines are going to hurt, and for some time afterwards, as the economy is rebuilt. Considering airlines don't run on wind power or solar, the airlines should consider the future under the Green New Deal, and vote accordingly (or divest and invest in rail, complete with the mule paths for people to tow the trains).

We stand at the threshold of a New Dark Age in America and the world, falsely lit in the enlightenment of pseudoscience and roundly praised in the psychobabble of deluded false prophets who sing songs of praise for ideas that go back to The Fall. The Democrats stand for this, praise it in glowing terms, and would take us through that gateway with promises of a land of milk and honey when what awaits is fire and brimstone. The stick behind the carrot of lies is that ifwe don't give them power, the riots will continue. How can anyone vote for such?

Unfortunately, despite months of negotiations, the holdup in getting money in the hands of the people has ever been the demands of the Democrats for a wet dream shopping list of lootable funding and ridiculous measures virtually ensuring the sort of kickbacks they thrive on, especially in an election year. That has to be conveyed to the American People, that the price to pay for a little money now is just too great, even in tough times. Does that mean it is hard? Sure. I'm making less than 30% what I was a year ago, in twice as many hours, in an unrelated field, with greater expenses than I had (which cannot be deducted). Though that situation stinks on ice, I consider myself fortunate compared to those who took the easier road of collecting unemployment and now find themselves without an income stream.

As for Trump, his penchant for self-promotion is essential to a business where your name is the brand, in some ways not unlike Hollywood, where all publicity is good so long as it is not so damning that it is unsurvivable.
I have a bit more faith in the ability of plain people to see the perfidy of the Democrats, the lies of the Media, and the future under the alternatives they would offer.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2020, 03:39:34 pm »
It's over?
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/10/06/four-notes-election-reporter-notebook-426599

I am not saying its over, but the worst news of all is that in the Rasmussen poills, which is the only one I consider unbiased and valid, has Trump hemorrhaging in his Approval rating within the last week.  IMO...cause?  Chris Wallace's hit job, and the POTUS catching COVID-19.

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/trump_approval_index_history

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2020, 11:10:22 pm »
Not sure where you are, but the "plain people" here, the blue collar oil patch and others here who have made their living off of producing oil and the dozens of related industries--which is why gasoline costs half what it did under Obama, not COVID, all still strongly support Trump. Flags fly in virtually every yard with a pole, either US, Trump, or both, and are seen commonly flying from vehicles as well, and all proclaim that support. There is even a brick and mortar Trump Store in town, which sells such.  These "plain people of our nation, folks who wear boots to work, not Italian loafers, are all for Trump.
Keep in mind Biden has sworn to destroy their jobs, which should be a signal to the average schmuck that fuel costs would double. That would be promptly reflected in every other sector, through increased shipping costs, right down to delivery charges for your pizza. Before you say "electric cars", let me remind you the Natural Gas that provides a lot of that electricity is a byproduct of oil production as often as not. An awful lot of those "plain people" understand the disaster a Biden Presidency would be, personally and nationally.
-------------------------
Obviously you're entitled to your opinion, yet consider this.
Sure the contestants are a buffoon and clown, yet the distinction is clear.
Trump is the devil plain people have witnessed for the past 4 years while Biden
is the devil presumptive for the next 4 years. Plain people clearly understand this.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2020, 11:29:05 pm »
is the devil presumptive for the next 4 years. Plain people clearly understand this.

Utterly hilarious. Biden has been in DC since 1974, was VP of the most corrupt administration in US history for 8.

If you know people still presuming about him then you know different plain people than I do.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 11:56:14 pm by skeeter »

Offline Absalom

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2020, 12:43:25 am »
Utterly hilarious. Biden has been in DC since 1974, was VP of the most corrupt administration in US history for 8.
If you know people still presuming about him then you know different plain people than I do.
---------------------------------
Plain English is obviously a bridge too far for you!
Trump HAS BEEN POTUS for the past 4 years while
Biden WANTS TO BE POTUS for the next 4 years.
HAVE YOU GOT IT YET????????????????????????

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2020, 12:48:23 am »
Biden WANTS eTO BE POTUS for the next 4 years.
Sorry dude, using all caps doesn’t make your point any more coherent. I wish they did, honest.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2020, 08:04:47 am »
Apparently  more "plain people" watch CNN where you are than on the Plains.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2020, 03:33:04 pm »
:bsflag: 

....he's running for the Senate or how his sister is his wife......

@Right_in_Virginia

Say WHAT?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2020, 04:39:57 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Say WHAT?

During the campaign Joe introduced himself saying:  "I'm Joe Biden and I'm running for the Senate" .... and after he "won" the nomination he was on stage with two women.  He introduced one as "this is my wife" and the other "this is my sister" .... only he got both wrong.  He introduced his wife as his sister and his sister as his wife.

@sneakypete

Offline berdie

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2020, 08:30:59 pm »
Biden WANTS TO BE POTUS for the next 4 years.

I enjoy your historical posts. But you don't often post about recent history.

Have you looked at the fact that Biden has been in government 47 years or so? If you have, why do you discount his previous record?