Author Topic: Presidential debate ratings plummet on broadcast networks  (Read 2250 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Presidential debate ratings plummet on broadcast networks
« on: September 30, 2020, 07:12:12 pm »
By Joe Concha - 09/30/20 02:45 PM EDT

The first presidential debate between President Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden was watched by 29 million viewers on broadcast networks ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox, marking a 35 percent drop from the first 2016 debate between Trump and Hillary Clinton, which was watched by 45 million on broadcast networks, according to early numbers from Nielsen.

Final numbers, including for the major cable news networks of Fox News, MSNBC and CNN, are expected late Wednesday afternoon.

In 2016, 84 million tuned in to see Trump and Clinton square off when the final numbers were tallied, making it the most-watched debate since the only showdown between Republican challenger Ronald Reagan and President Carter in 1980, which drew 80 million in an era with far few TV channels and no internet.

The 2020 number for Trump and Biden does not include streaming options, which have become increasingly popular in recent years.

The evening was marred by dozens of interruptions and personal insults.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/518986-presidential-debate-ratings-plummet-on-broadcast-networks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Absalom

Re: Presidential debate ratings plummet on broadcast networks
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 02:07:09 am »
The first presidential debate between President Trump and Democratic Joe Biden was watched by 29 million viewers on broadcast networks ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox, marking a 35 percent drop from the first 2016 debate between Trump and Hillary Clinton, which was watched by 45 million on broadcast networks, according to early numbers from Nielsen. In 2016, 84 million tuned in to see Trump and Clinton square off when the final numbers were tallied, making it the most-watched debate since the only showdown between Republican challenger Ronald Reagan and President Carter in 1980, which drew 80 million in an era with far fewer TV channels and no internet. The 2020 number for Trump and Biden do not include streaming options, which have become increasingly popular recently.
[/quote]
--------------------------
Confirming a reality that even toddlers understand.
This election was over since January, as plain people want nothing further to do w/Trump.
The count on Nov 3 is simply a formality!!!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 02:08:43 am by Absalom »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 02:12:24 am »
The first presidential debate between President Trump and Democratic Joe Biden was watched by 29 million viewers on broadcast networks ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox, marking a 35 percent drop from the first 2016 debate between Trump and Hillary Clinton, which was watched by 45 million on broadcast networks, according to early numbers from Nielsen. In 2016, 84 million tuned in to see Trump and Clinton square off when the final numbers were tallied, making it the most-watched debate since the only showdown between Republican challenger Ronald Reagan and President Carter in 1980, which drew 80 million in an era with far fewer TV channels and no internet. The 2020 number for Trump and Biden do not include streaming options, which have become increasingly popular recently.

Confirming a reality that even toddlers know.
This election was over very long ago, as plain people want nothing further to do w/Trump.
I agree with @Absalom

Donald Trump is the spawn of Satan who will get us all killed!!
Everybody knows that! Which is why Biden is sure to win 99% of the vote in November.
Everything Trump has ever said or done is a lie!
AAAARRRRHHhhhhh!

I HATE DONALD TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!
IT IS MAKING ME CRAAAAAZY!!!!!!!!!!!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 02:14:01 am »
Cable-cutters to MSM: Can you hear me now?

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 02:32:00 am »
@mystery-ak

Trump had rally in Minnesota this evening.  The report is, there were barely enough people to fill the stands and there was low energy from the crowd.  A reporter said he thought maybe people were burned out by the debate and stayed home rather than go to the rally.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 02:34:59 am »
@mystery-ak

Trump had rally in Minnesota this evening.  The report is, there were barely enough people to fill the stands and there was low energy from the crowd.  A reporter said he thought maybe people were burned out by the debate and stayed home rather than go to the rally.

Who reported it?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 02:35:52 am »
@mystery-ak

Trump had rally in Minnesota this evening.  The report is, there were barely enough people to fill the stands and there was low energy from the crowd. 

Whose report?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2020, 02:39:26 am »

Confirming a reality that even toddlers understand.
This election was over since January, as plain people want nothing further to do w/Trump.

Which day and which year?

There is so much subversion going on now. And you want to lead the charge Lightfoot?

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2020, 02:47:15 am »
You tie yourself into a Gordian knot and lead a failed charge.

Anachronstically, @Absalom , I am going to fondly think of you as Gordian Lightfoot. Peace out.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2020, 02:49:36 am »
Trump rallies supporters in Minnesota

September 30, 2020 / 9:40 PM / CBS News

President Trump made a swing through Minnesota on Wednesday, after Tuesday night's first debate match-up against Joe Biden, in which he incessantly interrupted the Democratic nominee.

Mr. Trump made two private stops to meet with supporters and raise money in the Greater Twin Cities area, before heading to Duluth for his rally. The president was expected to raise $7 million at a reception in Sherwood, Minnesota.

At least 1,000 Trump showed up in Duluth, CBS News estimates. The theme of the rally was "Make Logging Great Again," as timber-bearing tractor trailers line the perimeter of the outdoor airport hangar. "FILL THAT SEAT" signs were in the audience seats.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/watch-live-stream-trump-rallies-supporters-in-minnesota-today-09-30-2020/

Meanwhile, in Greensburg, PA  .  .  .

‘I love being on the train.’ Biden’s Amtrak tour comes to Trump-friendly southwestern Pa.

.  .  At the Greensburg train station, about 50 people lined up across from the platform to see Biden’s train pull in, holding up Biden-Harris signs and a few in “Make America Sane Again” red caps.  .  .

@Victoria33 , did your reporter mention anything about the pathetic turnout for Biden's train ride?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2020, 02:58:11 am »
@mystery-ak

Just saw the rally in Duluth. 25,000+ people. Energy was the same as it always is at all the Trump rallies.
Don't know who told you this, but you have incorrect information.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2020, 03:00:17 am »
Just saw the rally in Duluth. 25,000+ people. Energy was the same as it always is at all the Trump rallies.
Don't know who told you this, but you have incorrect information.

I watched part of the rally either on OAN or FOX.  Nothing low-energy about it.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2020, 09:52:50 am »
I watched part of the rally either on OAN or FOX.  Nothing low-energy about it.
Sure seemed like an animated crowd to me, and not in the CGI sense. Keep in mind it's windy, and in the 40s and 50s in the higher midcontinent latitudes, an hour and a half is a long time to stand still.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2020, 12:04:33 pm »
That's good news. People are abandoning the fake news networks.  There are now plenty of ways to watch debates without Lefty talking heads adding their stupid opinions.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2020, 01:08:08 pm »
That's good news. People are abandoning the fake news networks.  There are now plenty of ways to watch debates without Lefty talking heads adding their stupid opinions.

@dfwgator

I think regardless who wins, we could see the end of the traditional news media. I hope.

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline skeeter

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2020, 01:09:27 pm »
@mystery-ak

It looked like a capacity crowd to me. He seemed to be tired though, I don't know how he manages so many of those things.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2020, 05:59:18 pm »
@Cyber Liberty and TO ALL WHO COMMENTED ON THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE AND ENERGY AT THE MINNESOTA RALLY

I did not get the name of the reporter who was at the rally - and he was speaking as the people were leaving so he was the first one I heard after it was just over.  I have now looked at several pictures/films of it and it looks like a lot of people rather than barely enough to fill the stands.

What is the evaluation of energy?  How does one determine what is energy?
I need to look up the temperature there that evening.  I saw almost everyone wearing a jacket/coat.  And, Trump was wearing his long coat.  Seriously, I will look up the temperature.  Summer is one thing, don't need many clothes, it is in the 70s here during the day and 60s at night.  Minnesota is way north of Texas.  It is not as easy to move around in winter clothes.  Appears to me, more clothes means less shown energy.

He goes to two rallies today, again in northern state or states.  Will try to see them to evaluate crowd and "energy".

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2020, 06:26:44 pm »
@Cyber Liberty AND OTHERS ABOUT MINNESOTA RALLY

The debate was Tuesday, Sept.29.
Tuesday morning temp was 52.
The high was 61 at 6 pm..
Wednesday morning temp was 52.

The high at 6 pm, 61, would have dropped to in the 50s before the rally began.
People had on coats just as Trump did.  I think this is the reason for someone to say there was less energy at this rally.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2020, 06:49:31 pm »
Which day and which year?
There is so much subversion going on now. And you want to lead the charge Lightfoot?
------------------------------
The EC vote, developed from extensive data by
Gallup, Rasmussen, WSJ and Zogby; as of 9/30/20
w/no toss up states, breaks down as follows:
Biden 353 (66%) and Trump 185 (34%).
For the Fan Club, that's either an utter fraud or a nail biter.
Why of course!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 06:57:27 pm by Absalom »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2020, 10:11:59 am »
@Cyber Liberty AND OTHERS ABOUT MINNESOTA RALLY

The debate was Tuesday, Sept.29.
Tuesday morning temp was 52.
The high was 61 at 6 pm..
Wednesday morning temp was 52.

The high at 6 pm, 61, would have dropped to in the 50s before the rally began.
People had on coats just as Trump did.  I think this is the reason for someone to say there was less energy at this rally.
Don't ignore wind chill, either. I can tolerate temperatures in the 40s wearing a t-shirt, if I am active, and out of the wind, but out in the wind, it is a different story. Look at the flags, and you will see these folks were not out of the wind.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2020, 10:33:28 am »

For cripes sake @Victoria33 please stop sucking at the teat of CNN, it's hazardous to your health.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 10:36:23 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2020, 10:51:29 am »
For cripes sake @Victoria33 please stop sucking at the teat of CNN, it's hazardous to your health.

LOL!  ...stubbed her toe in the dark rushing to tell us the POTUS and First Lady tested positive for Covid early this morning.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2020, 11:09:58 am »

LOL!  ...stubbed her toe in the dark rushing to tell us the POTUS and First Lady tested positive for Covid early this morning.

:silly:  I noticed that, too @DCPatriot

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2020, 12:25:47 pm »
@DCPatriot
@Right_in_Virginia
@mystery-ak 

I was still up last night and saw the news Hope HIcks had the virus.  I stayed up to see where that was going and notified people here as I learned more.
I am a member of TBR and allowed to post here.

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2020, 01:08:54 pm »
@DCPatriot
@Right_in_Virginia
@mystery-ak 

I was still up last night and saw the news Hope HIcks had the virus.  I stayed up to see where that was going and notified people here as I learned more.
I am a member of TBR and allowed to post here.

No one said or hinted that you are not allowed to post here @Victoria33 ---- so drop the theatrics.