Author Topic: Left-wing ‘Nation’ Ponders Secession of Democrat-run States  (Read 1252 times)

rangerrebew

Left-wing ‘Nation’ Ponders Secession of Democrat-run States

(Breitbart) – The Nation, a storied left-wing magazine, pondered the possibility of secession in an interview published Tuesday morning.

The idea has been circulating on the left over the past few weeks, as Democrats ponder the possibility of President Donald Trump being re-elected. Though many mainstream media polls show former Vice President Joe Biden with a lead, the polls have been wrong before — and Trump is running a confident, energetic campaign, while Biden is barely leaving his house.

The interview, “Should the United States Stay United?“, conducted by Jessica Suriano with Richard Kreitner, author of Break It Up: Secession, Division, and the Secret History of America’s Imperfect Union, focuses on the idea that secession need not be tarnished by slavery. Abolitionists, Kreitner argues, also considered seceding from the Union — and progressives should consider it today:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/29/left-wing-nation-ponders-seccession-of-democrat-run-states/

[Title and url corrected]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 08:35:02 pm by MOD4 »

rangerrebew

Re: BREAKING: Far-Left ‘Nation’ Threatens Seccession From The U.S.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 02:03:07 pm »
  Abolitionists, Kreitner argues, also considered seceding from the Union — and progressives should consider it today:

They apparently forget it was democrats who refused to give up control over slavery that were the enemy of abolitionists.  Today it's still democrats who refuse to give up control. :pondering:

Offline The_Reader_David

I could see secession by a few left-leaning states as a good thing.  We could let them go peaceably, provided they accept a share of the federal debt, with half of it being divided in proportion to GDP and half of it divided in proportion to population, perpetual leases on whatever naval bases they would otherwise be taking, a free trade agreement and plebiscites in all counties of the seceding state on whether to join a neighboring state remaining in the Union or remain in the state when it leaves.  Or, alternatively, we could wait for them to try to throw out the U.S. military (cf. Fort Sumter), then reconquer the seceded territory and apply radical reconstruction.  Either's fine with me:  they both get rid of 'Rat senators and locked 'Rat electoral votes.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

They apparently forget it was democrats who refused to give up control over slavery that were the enemy of abolitionists.  Today it's still democrats who refuse to give up control. :pondering:

Richard Kreitner is a fool and an idiot.
What he writes in this mess, is exactly backward.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Lol... this was settled back in 1865. States cannot unilaterally withdraw from the union. Same thing I tell "South will rise again" loonies.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I could see secession by a few left-leaning states as a good thing.  We could let them go peaceably, provided they accept a share of the federal debt, with half of it being divided in proportion to GDP and half of it divided in proportion to population, perpetual leases on whatever naval bases they would otherwise be taking, a free trade agreement and plebiscites in all counties of the seceding state on whether to join a neighboring state remaining in the Union or remain in the state when it leaves.  Or, alternatively, we could wait for them to try to throw out the U.S. military (cf. Fort Sumter), then reconquer the seceded territory and apply radical reconstruction.  Either's fine with me:  they both get rid of 'Rat senators and locked 'Rat electoral votes.
Nope.

America. Love it or leave it.

Don't like it here? Find it incompatible with your worldview?

There are 194 other countries on the Earth. Pick one, go there. Stay.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

And the second they felt the opportunity was ripe, China would annex the West Coast as payment for our debt, and Russia and Mexico might even try for a piece too.

No dice. We settled this in the Civil War. The only option is the military option.
The Republic is lost.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Why secede?  Any comrade who wants can easily move to the People's Republic of California and live in a tent in Los Angeles or San Francisco.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They might as well give it a shot,because after another years of Trump,the very idea of a leftist being elected almost anywhere is laughable.

Don't forget,there are a whole generation of Americans who are adults now who have never lived in an area that wasn't completely dominated by leftist politicians. It sorta "worked" for them because every time
they would push it too far,they would go to Congress and get the rest of us to bail them out.

Those days will be OVER if Trump is re-elected. Especially if the Republicans can take over control of congress.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@rangerrebew

I doubt they ever knew. Is that even taught in schools anymore?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Lol... this was settled back in 1865. States cannot unilaterally withdraw from the union. Same thing I tell "South will rise again" loonies.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

The South might not be "rising" again as much as it will be "surviving" the failure of the globalist police state.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nope.

America. Love it or leave it.

Don't like it here? Find it incompatible with your worldview?

There are 194 other countries on the Earth. Pick one, go there. Stay.

@Smokin Joe

MUCH MO BETTA!  888high58888

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And the second they felt the opportunity was ripe, China would annex the West Coast as payment for our debt, and Russia and Mexico might even try for a piece too.

No dice. We settled this in the Civil War. The only option is the military option.

@Free Vulcan

And that would be different from what is happening there now in WHAT significant ways?

Can you say "Thank you,Bubba Bill and Boy Jorge"?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
As far as I'm concerned (which isn't much), we're all witnessing a Ronald Reagan reelection redux.

Telemundo is Exhibit A...where hard-working honest Christians recognize that their economic well-being has been directly enhanced by policies of President Trump.

Joe Biden is imitating 'Where's Waldo'...Walter Mondale.  And Kamala Harris is Geraldine Ferraro.  A public promise to raise their taxes, etc..

An entire generation of Americans is seeing what I saw back in 1984...a chance to get my piece of the American Dream/Pie.  They're going to be 'Republicans' for the rest of their lives.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
@Free Vulcan

And that would be different from what is happening there now in WHAT significant ways?

@sneakypete

Because now it's just subterfuge and infiltration. Military occupation and government would make it both official and permanent, and would take an all-out war to dislodge them.

And the Chinese will come to play. They will go scorched earth if we try and force them out.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GrouchoTex

As far as I'm concerned (which isn't much), we're all witnessing a Ronald Reagan reelection redux.

Telemundo is Exhibit A...where hard-working honest Christians recognize that their economic well-being has been directly enhanced by policies of President Trump.

Joe Biden is imitating 'Where's Waldo'...Walter Mondale.  And Kamala Harris is Geraldine Ferraro.  A public promise to raise their taxes, etc..

An entire generation of Americans is seeing what I saw back in 1984...a chance to get my piece of the American Dream/Pie.  They're going to be 'Republicans' for the rest of their lives.

@DCPatriot

I like the way you think.

Man, I hope you are right.

Although it was starting since the 60's, the one difference I see was in the 70's is that not all were indoctrinated to turn left from Kindergarten through College as they are now.
We are, unfortunately, reaping the catastrophe of that indoctrination now.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@DCPatriot

I like the way you think.

Man, I hope you are right.

Although it was starting since the 60's, the one difference I see was in the 70's is that not all were indoctrinated to turn left from Kindergarten through College as they are now.

@GrouchoTex

You're right.   I didn't factor in the 24/7/365 indoctrination of our children.

I'm just hoping and praying that the old adage of "...if you're still a liberal after the age of 27, you have no brains"    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Because now it's just subterfuge and infiltration. Military occupation and government would make it both official and permanent, and would take an all-out war to dislodge them.

And the Chinese will come to play. They will go scorched earth if we try and force them out.

@Free Vulcan

No,they won't. There are lines NOBODY is willing to cross because they lead to you glowing in the dark,and the Premier of China is probably a bigger punk than Biden. After all,he has spent his whole life being protected by the Red Army,and we have something we can "fit on him" the Red Army can't protect him from.

Truth to tell,his own people would most likely take his ass out if he started talking that trash behind closed doors.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@GrouchoTex

I'm just hoping and praying that the old adage of "...if you're still a liberal after the age of 27, you have no brains"    :beer:

@DCPatriot

Not to worry. EVERYBODY loves "free stuff" when they are children BECAUSE they are children,and really do believe it is free.

That changes rapidly once they are out of school,living on their own,and trying to figure out "How the HELL do people manage this?" Tell THOSE people they have to pay more taxes to buy "20 Mule Team Boraxo Muhhamed" in de hood a new robe and crown,and their heads will explode.

Ain't NOTHING in this life free,not even grief. It all cost somebody something,and I can guarantee you there are any number of things they would have rather spent their money on than "free stuff for the perpetual poverty classes".

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
@Free Vulcan

No,they won't. There are lines NOBODY is willing to cross because they lead to you glowing in the dark,and the Premier of China is probably a bigger punk than Biden. After all,he has spent his whole life being protected by the Red Army,and we have something we can "fit on him" the Red Army can't protect him from.

Truth to tell,his own people would most likely take his ass out if he started talking that trash behind closed doors.

I'd like to think so, but reality is China has been a belligerent thug to all it's neighbors, even India and China, and on the entire world stage.

They had zero qualms about getting into it with India and a bunch of troops getting killed. We aren't dealing with a rational nation, we are dealing with a bunch of punks with a boatload of money in their pockets and a bag of brand new toys.

They're not going to cross the ocean on a whim. If the Left Coast does secede, and the military lets it stand, they will seize their opportunity sometime after that.

Once they're there, they won't leave without extracting a heavy price, because they're Commies.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I'd like to think so, but reality is China has been a belligerent thug to all it's neighbors, even India and China, and on the entire world stage.

@Free Vulcan

We ain't India or Japan,and they have no reason to attack China because they ARE China.

They had zero qualms about getting into it with India and a bunch of troops getting killed.

And none of those troops were Politburo members or the children of Politburo members.

We aren't dealing with a rational nation, we are dealing with a bunch of punks with a boatload of money in their pockets and a bag of brand new toys.

They are VERY rational. Proof of this is they have never attacking the US Military,even when we had ships floating around off the Chinese Shores.

Besides,thanks to Bubba Bill and Boy Jorge,there is no reason to attack us. They have already bought us,and we are suppling them with ship loads of gold and jobs to keep the peasants from revolting.

Hell,WE are their "Sugar Daddy"!

They're not going to cross the ocean on a whim.

There is NOTHING "whimsical " about huge cargo ships full of Chinese junk heading for our shores.

If the Left Coast does secede, and the military lets it stand, they will seize their opportunity sometime after that.

Well,they already own some of it,including a prominent US Senator,so it's a little late to complain now.

Once they're there, they won't leave without extracting a heavy price, because they're Commies.

Communism is soooo "1950's". They put that aside long ago and became the full-on Fascists they are today.

Offline GrouchoTex

@GrouchoTex

Me,too...

:beer:

Offline roamer_1

Nah. It was happening then too... MSM was just as far left, you just didn't know it... Had nothing to compare it to... Remember what a breath of fresh air Rush and FOX were when they first aired?

Education... same thing. Maybe a point or two different in how many teachers vote lib, but more the same than not. I gave up on schooling and my preferred profession (history/archaeology/anthropology) Specifically BECAUSE I had to sacrifice principle to succeed.

And that is coming from a rural small town school system.

We can bawl about it all, but I think it is BETTER now than then, because since the advent of the internet, alternatives not only exist, but prevail. A Rogan, Shapiro, Crowder, or Rubin is capable of drawing more eyes than the entire MSM combined.

That ain't no small gain.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nah. It was happening then too... MSM was just as far left, you just didn't know it... Had nothing to compare it to... Remember what a breath of fresh air Rush and FOX were when they first aired?

Education... same thing. Maybe a point or two different in how many teachers vote lib, but more the same than not. I gave up on schooling and my preferred profession (history/archaeology/anthropology) Specifically BECAUSE I had to sacrifice principle to succeed.

And that is coming from a rural small town school system.

We can bawl about it all, but I think it is BETTER now than then, because since the advent of the internet, alternatives not only exist, but prevail. A Rogan, Shapiro, Crowder, or Rubin is capable of drawing more eyes than the entire MSM combined.

That ain't no small gain.

@roamer_1

Everyone's impression about this is rooted to when,as well as where they grew up.

For example,has there ever been a time when Mn wasn't controlled and populated primarily by leftist dingbats?

While in other areas,the process was gradual,as the lefties from other area immigrated to these areas with the hope of finding a place where they could find work and live a normal life.

Much/most of the south has now been ruined by yankees from the north retiring and moving here so they could afford to live and not be afraid of being attacked every day.

Soon as they get here,the first thing they try to do is change where they now live into a clone of the city they escaped from in retirement.

Offline cato potatoe

Re: Left-wing ‘Nation’ Ponders Secession of Democrat-run States
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2020, 09:47:38 pm »
Free state secession is more likely IMO.  The dems have ruined California to the point it is no longer a tax donor state, despite the inflated price structure.  Other blue states are screaming for a bailout of their pension systems.  New York, New Jersey, California, Hawaii, Illinois, and Maryland are in a permanent state of decline.  Why would the red states want to support the others, while the courts are packed and the elections are rigged against them?