Author Topic: Oregon could herald a research-driven psychedelic renaissance: Psilocybin helped a Navy SEAL cope, c  (Read 233 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by  Bryce Dole - The Oregonian  September 05, 2020

Oregon could herald a research-driven psychedelic renaissance: Psilocybin helped a Navy SEAL cope, could aide many more if voters say yes

Studies from numerous universities have shown promising evidence that psilocybin – and other psychedelic drugs like LSD – can help people who struggle with mental illness, end-of-life anxiety, addiction and PTSD.

Today, multiple cities have decriminalized the drug. But only Oregon is looking to legalize it for therapeutic use. If passed, Ballot Measure 109 would make it the first state to make it legal to use psilocybin in the presence of a trained therapist.

Psilocybin is a naturally occurring compound found in more than 200 species of mushrooms. The hallucinatory fungi have been ingested for their mind-altering effects for hundreds and possibly thousands of years.

Psilocybin research at Johns Hopkins University showed that over two-thirds of participants had “mystical experiences” that ranked among the most profound in their lives, resulting in increased well-being and life satisfaction.

Research from the University of Amsterdam has shown that psychedelic drugs can also help healthy people, “with single doses capable of producing lasting changes in wellbeing and purpose,” the study said.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/09/oregon-could-herald-a-research-driven-psychedelic-renaissance-psilocybin-helped-a-navy-seal-cope-could-aide-many-more-if-voters-say-yes/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't mind admitting that it was my use of drugs like LSD and MDA that got my aggression under control after I got out of the army.

Almost certainly saved my life. They gave me a "window" to look inside myself from the "outside".

Don't knock it if you ain't tried it.

BTW,alcohol doesn't work. In fact,it has the opposite effect. Trust me on this one.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!