Author Topic: Climate change propaganda has terrorized children into experiencing trauma when interacting with na  (Read 469 times)

rangerrebew

Climate change propaganda has terrorized children into experiencing trauma when interacting with nature

08/12/2020 / By Ethan Huff

New research has found that children who have been brainwashed with the climate change doctrine are traumatized to the point that they are unable to enjoy nature.

Entitled, “Childhood nature connection and constructive hope: A review of research on connecting with nature and coping with environmental loss,” the paper by Louise Chawla found that climate-indoctrinated children are not only scared of nature, but they tend to also lack any healthy connection to it.

Due to their instilled fears about things like rising sea levels and too much carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere, many of today’s children are unable to simply appreciate the natural world around them. Instead, they are busy worrying about what might happen in the next 12 years to erase it all from existence, which is too much for their developing brains to handle.

https://www.climate.news/2020-08-12-climate-change-propaganda-terrorizing-children-experiencing-trauma-when-in-nature.html

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Panic Mongers cause brain damage, which makes more liberals... :pondering:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

I would say this is only partially right.

The part that matters is that those kids are so divorced from nature and natural life that they don't know sh*t from shinola. No wonder they are scared... And no wonder it is done that way. Any halfway hillbilly boy would natively know the bulcrap they're preaching.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 11:25:20 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Smokin Joe

I would say this is only partially right.

The part that matters is that those kids are so divorced from nature and natural life that they don't know sh*t from shinola. No wonder they are scared... And no wonder it is done that way. Any halfway hillbilly boy would natively know the bulcrap they're preaching.
Yep, that's true. Even the ones a generation off the farm still often visit. But there's an army of them who think "outside" is on a sidewalk, and anything else is wilderness (Lions, and Tigers, and Bears, Oh MY!)

I have been somewhat content to let them think that, after all, it keeps them out of the boonies, but the downside is that they are equally out of touch with a reality more pervasive than the concrete canyons they inhabit, and they almost outnumber us.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Yep, that's true. Even the ones a generation off the farm still often visit. But there's an army of them who think "outside" is on a sidewalk, and anything else is wilderness (Lions, and Tigers, and Bears, Oh MY!)

I have been somewhat content to let them think that, after all, it keeps them out of the boonies, but the downside is that they are equally out of touch with a reality more pervasive than the concrete canyons they inhabit, and they almost outnumber us.

They certainly DO outnumber us. how many people have ever killed and eaten even once... Even fish?  How many have never been beyond where the blacktop ends? Or even where the sidewalk ends? They literally have no idea. They would never survive the farm, not to mention the holler... not to even approach the wilderness.

Offline Smokin Joe

They certainly DO outnumber us. how many people have ever killed and eaten even once... Even fish?  How many have never been beyond where the blacktop ends? Or even where the sidewalk ends? They literally have no idea. They would never survive the farm, not to mention the holler... not to even approach the wilderness.
Why would they kill and eat? They've either been converted to veganism (green, leafy. things are what food eats), or believe meat comes from a grocery store...

Those who don't likely don't speak English as a first language and got a job at a meat packing facility, but that's still a minority. Considering the efficiency of modern agriculture, the latest generation doesn't really get that much exposure to where food comes from, with the exception of happy cows (which can raise your credit rating, too) and milked almonds--oh, and organic, grass fed, cage free, vegan chicken eggs...(which belies the ignorance of free range chickens taking advantage of the average 400 lbs of insects per acre as a protein source). source for the bug weight
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 04:50:58 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Why would they kill and eat? They've either been converted to veganism (green, leafy. things are what food eats), or believe meat comes from a grocery store...

Those who don't likely don't speak English as a first language and got a job at a meat packing facility, but that's still a minority. Considering the efficiency of modern agriculture, the latest generation doesn't really get that much exposure to where food comes from, with the exception of happy cows (which can raise your credit rating, too) and milked almonds--oh, and organic, grass fed, cage free, vegan chicken eggs...(which belies the ignorance of free range chickens taking advantage of the average 400 lbs of insects per acre as a protein source). source for the bug weight

LOL! yeah... 'free range'... pretty well means a barnyard chicken. They'd be mortified to find out chickens are just about as bad as pigs with what they'll eat. Folks are composting their table scraps... Well I am too, but I run em through the chickens first. Snakes? dead rodents? Diggin through poop to get at fly larvae?  Chickens eat that all the time. Not to mention the bugs... And other chickens. And I wouldn't want to eat any other chicken.

But there is real danger in that ignorance. How do you respect life without knowing what it is? How d you keep from distorting that without the hunt? There is a reason why country folks are such reliable people in respect of life. That disconnect is probably a primary cause.

Offline Smokin Joe

LOL! yeah... 'free range'... pretty well means a barnyard chicken. They'd be mortified to find out chickens are just about as bad as pigs with what they'll eat. Folks are composting their table scraps... Well I am too, but I run em through the chickens first. Snakes? dead rodents? Diggin through poop to get at fly larvae?  Chickens eat that all the time. Not to mention the bugs... And other chickens. And I wouldn't want to eat any other chicken.

But there is real danger in that ignorance. How do you respect life without knowing what it is? How d you keep from distorting that without the hunt? There is a reason why country folks are such reliable people in respect of life. That disconnect is probably a primary cause.
I kinda see it like this. When you have killed your dinner (or a month or more worth of meat), you realize that this was something living. You thank the Almighty for this gift of sustenance and say a prayer for the critter, too. You realize that while you might be able to end that critter's life, you cannot make one, you could not bring it back, and the idea of irreversible acts is implanted.
You respect what died so you could eat, all part of nature, and don't frivolously end any life.
You become a gentler person as a result, keeping a different perspective, even in dealing with humans, because you know some things can't be taken back.
But you also recognize that some things will not be stopped short of taking that life, and that in some cases it is necessary (rabid critters, predators, etc.).
In that case, it is no more an emotional event than a rock falling down a cliff face is. It is just a chore that needs to be done, without malice.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican