Author Topic: Why It Should Matter that Kamala Harris Is Not a Natural Born Citizen  (Read 1655 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Why It Should Matter that Kamala Harris Is Not a Natural Born Citizen
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2020, 09:55:01 pm »
@libertybele

For her to ever be a VP or a President,Slow Joe has to both win the election,and then get sworn in. There IS a possibility he could win the election,but no possibility at all of him ever being sworn in.

???Ok .... so you think if Sloe doesn't make it to being sworn in that Harris isn't going to take that slot?  IF the DEMS win I look for Harris to be Prez and she will either select Susan Rice or Michael Obama as her VP.    ALL women of color.  Count on it.

To think that the DEMS can't win this is silly-- they have been working on how to steal this election since the day Trump won!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2020, 10:43:51 pm »
???Ok .... so you think if Sloe doesn't make it to being sworn in that Harris isn't going to take that slot?  IF the DEMS win I look for Harris to be Prez and she will either select Susan Rice or Michael Obama as her VP.    ALL women of color.  Count on it.

@libertybele

WHY? The DNC will get to pick the President. Harris doesn't automatically get it because neither she nor Biden were sworn in.

*I* think the Dims are going to pick Bubbette! Clinton "to right the wrong done to her when the election was stolen from her",and globalist leaders all over the world will be having spontaneous orgasms because they know that means the end of America as a free and independent nation.

There will be no more elections if this happens.

To think that the DEMS can't win this is silly-- they have been working on how to steal this election since the day Trump won!

You seem to have missed that my premise is BASED ON SLOW JOE WINNING.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2020, 10:46:40 pm »
Pete wrote:
"For her to ever be a VP or a President,Slow Joe has to both win the election,and then get sworn in. There IS a possibility he could win the election,but no possibility at all of him ever being sworn in."

Well, remember a few months' back, when the statements were being made that "Joe will never become the nominee" ???

Jes' sayin' ...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2020, 10:49:21 pm »

@libertybele

WHY? The DNC will get to pick the President. Harris doesn't automatically get it because neither she nor Biden were sworn in.

*I* think the Dims are going to pick Bubbette! Clinton "to right the wrong done to her when the election was stolen from her",and globalist leaders all over the world will be having spontaneous orgasms because they know that means the end of America as a free and independent nation.

There will be no more elections if this happens.

You seem to have missed that my premise is BASED ON SLOW JOE WINNING.

Sloe Joe has already been nominated and he has selected Harris -- if the DEMS win, Biden/Harris will be elected by the people.  If Joe steps down Harris moves into the Prez spot. 

I could be absolutely wrong, but I don't think that they can just move Hillary in.   Too far along in the game -- I believe that would have had to have happened at Convention which has just passed.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2020, 10:55:28 pm »
Pete wrote:
"For her to ever be a VP or a President,Slow Joe has to both win the election,and then get sworn in. There IS a possibility he could win the election,but no possibility at all of him ever being sworn in."

Well, remember a few months' back, when the statements were being made that "Joe will never become the nominee" ???

Jes' sayin' ...

@Fishrrman

Yeah,and yet he WAS,despite not even being a front runner. The people who WERE front runners suddenly decided to step down so the village idiot could be elected instead of them DESPITE them all lusting after the Presidency their whole lives.

And they all did it without protest. Even Bernie,the True-Believer commie.

Gee,if I didn't know better,I would think there was someone in the background pulling their strings.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2020, 10:58:25 pm »
Sloe Joe has already been nominated and he has selected Harris -- if the DEMS win, Biden/Harris will be elected by the people.  If Joe steps down Harris moves into the Prez spot. 

@libertybele

ONLY IF THEY WERE BOTH SWORN IN BEFORE JOE RESIGNED DUE TO HEALTH REASONS!

UNTIL THEN,HE IS NOT THE PRESIDENT,AND SHE IS NOT THE VICE PRESIDENT.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2020, 11:22:56 pm »
@libertybele

ONLY IF THEY WERE BOTH SWORN IN BEFORE JOE RESIGNED DUE TO HEALTH REASONS!

UNTIL THEN,HE IS NOT THE PRESIDENT,AND SHE IS NOT THE VICE PRESIDENT.

Yes,they would have to take the oath of office -- BUT keep in mind that both would have already been elected by the people.  IF something were to happen to Joe, Harris would then be sworn in and select her VP.

If Biden were to pass or step down - Per the 20th Amendment it states that the vice president-elect, would step into the presidency and assume the role of president-elect. Harris would then pick her VP per the 25th amendment and both Houses of Congress would have to confirm that after the swearing in ceremony.

https://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_pvp.html

« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 11:25:41 pm by libertybele »

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2020, 12:54:52 am »
http://www.usnaturalborncitizen.com/minor.html

Minor is without a doubt the MOST important Supreme Court decision on the subject of what a Natural Born Citizen is. Those that want to muddy the waters on this subject will do anything to make it irrelevant. It is the one decision they fear the most. They will bring out English Common law, Blackstone anything they can think of to muddy the waters and they will fight to the death on this subject.

The nomenclature of the times of the Founding fathers was Vattel.

Minor v. Happersett 88 U.S. 162 (1874), U.S. Supreme Court case in which the court ruled unanimously:

"The Constitution does not, in words, say who shall be natural-born citizens. Resort must be had elsewhere to ascertain that. At common-law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of PARENTS (plural) who were its CITIZENS (plural) became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners."

Minor was unanimous and written by Chief Justice Morrison Waite; a unanimous opinion by the Chief is the strongest statement the Court can make.

----

All of the cases listed below refer to Minor v. Happersett 88 U.S. 162 (1874) as the authority of citizens and Natural Born Citizen

Ex Parte Lockwood, 154 U.S. 116 (1894), an essential case which confirms Minor v. Happersett as precedent on the definition of federal citizenship:

“In Minor v. Happersett, 21 Wall. 162, this court held that the word ‘citizen’ is often used to convey the idea of membership in a nation, and, in that sense, women, if born of citizen parents within the jurisdiction of the United States, have always been considered citizens of the United States, as much so before the adoption of the fourteenth amendment of the constitution as since;” (Emphasis added.)

Lockwood directly cites Minor as precedent on the definition of federal citizenship

City of Mobile v. Bolden, 446 U.S. 55 (1980) because it cites Minor as a continuing precedent on the voting rights issue 60 years after the adoption of the 19th Amendment. This kills the argument that Minor was overruled by the 19th Amendment. Here is the relevant passage as it appears at Justia today un-scrubbed:

More at link.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2020, 01:07:45 am »
The intent of the Founder's is clear. The language of the Constitution is clear.

IMO.

Times change. People change. Circumstances change.

But do they really?

I don't think so.

Court decisions can be made prevalent to the circumstances, et al.

And those or they or that is used as precedents.

But in the overall, those cases DO NOT CHANGE the fact, or the intent of the Constitution.

@Bigun
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2020, 02:59:52 am »
Vattel, a French speaking Swiss, writing in French seems to take  on a role the actual  FF would not.

Putting it in writing.

It didn't drive Obama from office, and it will fail again with Harris.

In my opinion.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dancer

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2020, 07:29:06 am »
Possibly.  His mother was an American citizen at birth and obviously his father was not.  Yes, I see the problem and the conflict of only one parent.  Ted Cruz was born in Canada, but his mother was a U.S. citizen. The assumption has been, that the fact that Cruz was born to a mother who was a  U.S. citizen makes him a citizen from birth. In other words, he is a “natural born citizen” (as opposed to a naturalized citizen) and is constitutionally eligible.  Others argue that he automatically became a naturalized citizen at birth because his mother was a U.S. citizen but he was not born on U.S. soil, making him ineligible, though the PA Supreme court ruled in his favor.  I often wonder if TED running was trying to force the issue to be heard in court?

BUT....I agree it needs to be decided-- only one parent required, or both parents? Born outside the country, but with mother a citizen? Born on U.S. soil but neither parent a citizen still considered a natural born citizen?   I just don't see Roberts ruling against anyone born in the U.S. not being a citizen --- this decision could ultimately be one that we'll regret.
Actually, his mother was a citizen of Canada at the time of his birth, otherwise she would not qualify for Canada.ca if she was an American citizen.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2020, 03:13:37 pm »
@dancer

You posted, "Ted Cruz was born in Canada, but his mother was a U.S. citizen. The assumption has been, that the fact that Cruz was born to a mother who was a  U.S. citizen makes him a citizen from birth. In other words, he is a “natural born citizen” (as opposed to a naturalized citizen) and is constitutionally eligible."

Ted Cruz - born in Canada, mother a US citizen, Cruz ran for US President.
Ivan Derrick - born in England, father a US citizen, Derrick can run for US President.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2020, 03:41:09 pm »
@dancer

You posted, "Ted Cruz was born in Canada, but his mother was a U.S. citizen. The assumption has been, that the fact that Cruz was born to a mother who was a  U.S. citizen makes him a citizen from birth. In other words, he is a “natural born citizen” (as opposed to a naturalized citizen) and is constitutionally eligible."

Ivan Derrick - born in England, father a US citizen, Derrick can run for US President.

No and NO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2020, 05:43:41 pm »
No and NO!
You don't get to choose.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2020, 05:45:09 pm »
You don't get to choose.

Like hell I don't!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2020, 06:14:39 pm »
Jan. 20, 2017....
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2020, 06:44:12 pm »
No and NO!

Father, last name Derrick, US citizen, in England, son Derrick was born; Father Derrick went to US Embassy on date of Son's birth, registered son a citizen of US that day and Father Derrick got an American passport for son born that day.  Son Derrick, American Citizen, got Economics degree in California university; now lives in California.  He is as much a US citizen as Ted Cruz.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2020, 07:08:16 pm »
Father, last name Derrick, US citizen, in England, son Derrick was born; Father Derrick went to US Embassy on date of Son's birth, registered son a citizen of US that day and Father Derrick got an American passport for son born that day.  Son Derrick, American Citizen, got Economics degree in California university; now lives in California.  He is as much a US citizen as Ted Cruz.

No one is arguing that either are not citizens.  What is being argued is whether or not the qualify as NBC and the answer to that is absolutely not!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2020, 10:20:25 pm »

@Victoria33

Sure seems like a done deal to me!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2020, 10:36:24 pm »
@dancer

Several have run for U.S. President while not exactly meeting the NBC criteria.

Yes, Ted Cruz ran for president as did Marco Rubio.  In Rubio's case, neither of his parents were U.S. citizens at the time of his birth but he was born on U.S. soil.  Cruz's mother was a U.S. citizen,but he was born on Canadian soil.

NBC = both parents U.S. citizens and born on U.S. soil.   McCain was another one that ran for president - he was born in Panama -- it has been argued at the time it was under U.S. control.

@Victoria33 to 'stretch' the criteria would mean that an Islamic terrorist could sneak into the country, have a child in the U.S. and that child in turn could run for President.

Do we want to continue to 'stretch' the NBC criteria?