Author Topic: Why It Should Matter that Kamala Harris Is Not a Natural Born Citizen  (Read 1657 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 20, 2020
Why It Should Matter that Kamala Harris Is Not a Natural Born Citizen
By Mark A. Hewitt

If the media were to ask President Trump, "Are you a natural born citizen?," he would probably respond with, "My father, an American citizen, Fred Trump, was born in New York City, and my mother, Mary Anne, was born in Scotland and became a naturalized American citizen in March 1942.  I was born in Queens in 1946.  Yes, I am a natural born citizen."

When Kamala Harris was asked the same question, her response was anfractuous and curious: "Look, I'm very clear-eyed about the fact that they are going to engage, as you said, in what they have done throughout this administration, which is just, let's just be very candid and straightforward, they're going to engage in lies, they're going to engage in deception, they're going to engage in an attempt to distract from the real issues that are impacting the American people."

In other words, "No."

If you are constitutionally eligible, what is the harm in laying out a response?  "Mom and dad were both American citizens."   

But Senator Harris would rather engage in actions to circumvent the U.S. Constitution over articulating her ineligibility.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/08/why_it_should_matter_that_kamala_harris_is_not_a_natural_born_citizen.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

Re: Why It Should Matter that Kamala Harris Is Not a Natural Born Citizen
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 02:42:09 pm »
   This is obviously not gonna go away until the USSC rules on it. We need to get someone who has argued many cases before the Court AND won, incidentally, he has standing.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 03:21:23 pm »
A natural born citizen is someone who was born in this country.
A non-natural born citizen is someone who comes here and becomes a
"Naturalized" citizen.  Harris is natural born citizen, not a Naturalized citizen.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 03:32:19 pm »
"Naturalized" citizen.  Harris is natural born citizen, not a Naturalized citizen.

WRONG!!!

As usual!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 03:44:11 pm »
Why It Should Matter that Kamala Harris Is Not a Natural Born Citizen

"Nothing was more to be desired than that every practicable obstacle should be opposed to cabal, intrigue, and corruption.  These most deadly adversaries of republican government might naturally have been expected to make their approaches from more than one quarter, but chiefly from the desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils.  How could they better gratify this, than by raising a creature of their own to the chief magistracy of the Union?"

Alexander Hamilton, Federalist 68

And that says why it can and does matter better than I ever could!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 03:45:00 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 03:47:10 pm »
"Nothing was more to be desired than that every practicable obstacle should be opposed to cabal, intrigue, and corruption.  These most deadly adversaries of republican government might naturally have been expected to make their approaches from more than one quarter, but chiefly from the desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils.  How could they better gratify this, than by raising a creature of their own to the chief magistracy of the Union?"

Alexander Hamilton, Federalist 68

And that says why it can and does matter better than I ever could!

888high58888

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2020, 04:51:12 pm »
Aw, jeez. Not this crap again.

Look, folks. Attempting to redefine "natural born citizen" has never worked to bar a candidate from office before, and it won't now. It would take an extraordinarily obvious case that contradicts the plain language—that of a naturalized immigrant or non-citizen—for there to be any sort of intervention. Even then, Congress could decree them a natural born citizen in the same way the Virginia legislature did with the Marquis du Lafayette in 1784.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2020, 05:34:08 pm »
   This is obviously not gonna go away until the USSC rules on it. We need to get someone who has argued many cases before the Court AND won, incidentally, he has standing.

Indeed he does.  Ted has argued nine cases in front of the Supreme Court, all but one as solicitor general of Texas Attorney. Those nine cases before the Supreme Court are more than any sitting member of Congress can claim.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2020, 05:34:19 pm »

@Victoria33 Yes, Harris is a citizen of the United States. She is not a "natural born" citizen (NBC) for purposes of the Presidency.

For purposes of the Presidency and those first in the line of succession, a "NBC" is the highest form of citizenship requiring a birth both of the soil and of the blood.  Of the soil is born in the United States and of the blood is born of two parents who were both American citizens at the time of the birth.  Harris fails the "of the blood" requirement.

Again ... NBC applies to the Presidency, only.  And it goes beyond any other definitions of "citizenship".

The Founders sought to protect the hub of American domestic and international policy, as well as our Federal courts,  from the infiltration of our enemies.  If you stop fighting this reasoning, you will be able to understand "natural born" citizenship for its brilliance.

I know many find this discussion irritating and want it to be moot.  But at the least understand what is being forfeited .... and the ramifications this will have on our future before slamming the lid for good on further debate.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2020, 05:37:37 pm »
Indeed he does.  Ted has argued nine cases in front of the Supreme Court, all but one as solicitor general of Texas Attorney. Those nine cases before the Supreme Court are more than any sitting member of Congress can claim.

If Cruz were a sitting SC Justice and this case came before the court, there would be calls for his recusal; most likely from the conservative side of the aisle.  So I doubt he could argue the case --- not based on skill, but his birth circumstances and political ambitions.

Just IMO.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2020, 05:45:06 pm »
Aw, jeez. Not this crap again.

Look, folks. Attempting to redefine "natural born citizen" has never worked to bar a candidate from office before, and it won't now. It would take an extraordinarily obvious case that contradicts the plain language—that of a naturalized immigrant or non-citizen—for there to be any sort of intervention. Even then, Congress could decree them a natural born citizen in the same way the Virginia legislature did with the Marquis du Lafayette in 1784.

Look @jmyrlefuller the obvious is happening --- we now have a woman who's birth parents were NOT citizens of the U.S. running for VP and more than likely will slip into the oval office.  So that means that any anti-American subversive can come onto U.S. soil, give birth and that child is a citizen and they can run for President.  WRONG in my books!!!! 

The issue needs to be addressed and decided before SCOTUS once and for all (though I have little faith in Roberts doing the right thing). The problem IS too much liberty has been taken on the definition of "natural born citizen".

Maybe it means nothing to you.  That's fine.  IMHO I'd rather not see our entire country run by a radical Islamist or be under the rule of Sharia Law.  That's what's on the horizon if this isn't dealt with quickly.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2020, 05:46:39 pm »
@Victoria33 Yes, Harris is a citizen of the United States. She is not a "natural born" citizen (NBC) for purposes of the Presidency.

For purposes of the Presidency and those first in the line of succession, a "NBC" is the highest form of citizenship requiring a birth both of the soil and of the blood.  Of the soil is born in the United States and of the blood is born of two parents who were both American citizens at the time of the birth.  Harris fails the "of the blood" requirement.

Again ... NBC applies to the Presidency, only.  And it goes beyond any other definitions of "citizenship".

The Founders sought to protect the hub of American domestic and international policy, as well as our Federal courts,  from the infiltration of our enemies.  If you stop fighting this reasoning, you will be able to understand "natural born" citizenship for its brilliance.

I know many find this discussion irritating and want it to be moot.  But at the least understand what is being forfeited .... and the ramifications this will have on our future before slamming the lid for good on further debate.

??? Exactly.  She is not of the blood -- neither of her parents were citizens of the U.S. at the time of her birth. 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2020, 05:49:34 pm »

The rationale of NBC stated in crystal clear terms.

You managed to exceed even my expectations of your best work.  888high58888

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2020, 06:04:55 pm »
If Cruz were a sitting SC Justice and this case came before the court, there would be calls for his recusal; most likely from the conservative side of the aisle.  So I doubt he could argue the case --- not based on skill, but his birth circumstances and political ambitions.

Just IMO.

Possibly.  His mother was an American citizen at birth and obviously his father was not.  Yes, I see the problem and the conflict of only one parent.  Ted Cruz was born in Canada, but his mother was a U.S. citizen. The assumption has been, that the fact that Cruz was born to a mother who was a  U.S. citizen makes him a citizen from birth. In other words, he is a “natural born citizen” (as opposed to a naturalized citizen) and is constitutionally eligible.  Others argue that he automatically became a naturalized citizen at birth because his mother was a U.S. citizen but he was not born on U.S. soil, making him ineligible, though the PA Supreme court ruled in his favor.  I often wonder if TED running was trying to force the issue to be heard in court?

BUT....I agree it needs to be decided-- only one parent required, or both parents? Born outside the country, but with mother a citizen? Born on U.S. soil but neither parent a citizen still considered a natural born citizen?   I just don't see Roberts ruling against anyone born in the U.S. not being a citizen --- this decision could ultimately be one that we'll regret.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2020, 06:45:33 pm »

It would be easy for Cruz to prove because 4 Supreme Court cases have already defined natural born.

https://www.thepostemail.com/2009/10/18/4-supreme-court-cases-define-natural-born-citizen/

People always cite Wong Kim Ark, but if you read that one they found him to be native born because his non-citizen parents were in the US legally.  They did not find him natural born and they discussed what was considered natural born.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2020, 07:18:59 pm »
It would be easy for Cruz to prove because 4 Supreme Court cases have already defined natural born.

https://www.thepostemail.com/2009/10/18/4-supreme-court-cases-define-natural-born-citizen/

People always cite Wong Kim Ark, but if you read that one they found him to be native born because his non-citizen parents were in the US legally.  They did not find him natural born and they discussed what was considered natural born.

:yowsa:   pointing-up

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2020, 07:27:06 pm »

Absolutely correct but thought I should add this little detail:

Twelfth Amendment

The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and of all persons voted for as Vice-President, and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate;–The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted;–The person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. [And if the House of Representatives shall not choose a President whenever the right of choice shall devolve upon them, before the fourth day of March next following, then the Vice-President shall act as President, as in the case of the death or other constitutional disability of the President.–]The person having the greatest number of votes as Vice-President, shall be the Vice-President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed, and if no person have a majority, then from the two highest numbers on the list, the Senate shall choose the Vice-President; a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice. But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mod5

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2020, 01:58:22 am »
 :im waiting:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2020, 02:39:18 am »
:im waiting:

I know, right?

That pic of Cruz looks sooo like Bill Murray and no one has mentioned it yet.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2020, 03:07:05 am »
the Natural Born Sceptic in me, would sure like to hear the side from Ted Cruz in 2016.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2020, 05:48:51 am »
Since she is never going to be a VP or a President,it doesn't matter.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2020, 01:09:13 pm »
the Natural Born Sceptic in me, would sure like to hear the side from Ted Cruz in 2016.

It's here.  A very long thread about it IIRC. All you have to do is dig it up and read @truth_seeker

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2020, 01:35:04 pm »
Since she is never going to be a VP or a President,it doesn't matter.

Based on what facts??  Wishful thinking?

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2020, 01:46:48 pm »
I believe the court would rule "jus soli", rightly or wrongly, and cite Ark vs US in the process.

Having said that, I do think it ought to go to the courts, and having this discussion is necessary.

The 14th amendment and its interpretation needs to be re-examined, for time to time.

It seems the court gets it wrong, I think, for fear of political backlash, which is why I think they will here, too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2020, 01:53:43 pm »
Based on what facts??  Wishful thinking?

@libertybele

For her to ever be a VP or a President,Slow Joe has to both win the election,and then get sworn in. There IS a possibility he could win the election,but no possibility at all of him ever being sworn in.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!