Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: 2020 Democratic National Convention  (Read 7485 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: LIVE THREAD: 2020 Democratic National Convention
« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2020, 03:04:41 pm »
Biden Condemns Former Women’s March Co-Chair Linda Sarsour After She Appears At DNC

A bit late for that, Joe.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2020, 03:12:18 pm »
A bit late for that, Joe.

Cut him some slack bro....

Takes time to put those Sesame Street flash cards together. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2020, 03:46:38 pm »
Biden Condemns Former Women’s March Co-Chair Linda Sarsour After She Appears At DNC
The days when the party's presidential nominee was considered its titular head are long gone. Joe isn't in charge of anything, and no one cares what he has to say. Someone else is running the DNC show - it ain't Dementia Joe.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2020, 04:06:33 pm »
Dumpster Fire: On Night 2 of the DNC Joe Biden Hugs His Wife – Then Introduces Himself as “Joe Biden’s Husband” (Video)
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/dumpster-fire-night-2-dnc-joe-biden-hugs-wife-introduces-joe-bidens-husband-video/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2020, 04:07:00 pm »
Here is something I have been searching for quite a while.  Finally found it.  This comes from Zell Miller.  It is an account of  an encounter with Joe Biden upon his arrival in the Senate.  It speaks volumes about the character of Joe Biden:

"Not long after I arrived in the Senate, I was sitting at my beautiful old mahogany desk in the Senate chamber, a desk by the way that has the names Russell, Talmadge, and Nunn carved in it. I was sitting there, probably frowning, when Senator Joe Biden of Delaware spotted me. He's been in the Senate thirty years, and he came over and sat down and said, "I've watched a lot of you former governors come up here and invariably you go through three phases (like a person grieving over a death, I suppose)."

"The first phase is disbelief. You just can't believe how legislation and decisions are made." He was right. I arrived in the Senate in the middle of the appropriations process and I could not believe the feeding frenzy.

"The next phase," he said, "is anger. You stay mad most of the time, and you want to change the system and make it more orderly."

And then, finally, he said the third phase is "acceptance." I have not reached that step. Not even close. I am still angry because of the petty partisanship on both sides of the aisle. Angry that one single senator representing less than one fifth of 1 percent of the American people can stop any president of the United States--even during wartime--from making a crucial appointment to his own team.

https://marathonpundit.blogspot.com/2008/08/flashback-zell-miller-on-joe-biden-and.html

For almost half a century, Joe Biden has been part of the problem.  This is the man who famously stated that the best part about being Vice President is that you don't have to do anything.  Politics is exclusively for his own personal service (and laziness) with zero concept of hard work and personal service.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline HuskyPatriot

« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2020, 06:00:57 pm »
Well, I did watch some but without a nice chocolate milkshake to make the watchin' go down easier (as I did the first night).  Perhaps a stiff drink is in order for tonight?!  It was a plodding, awful affair, with the "Brady Bunch" squares citizens saying their piece.  Typical mushy stuff to pull the heart strings (is that all they know?), mixed in with the victimhood speak typical of the party (I guess that's all they know.)  I don't trust the message, the policies, and I don't like the flagrant emotional manipulation.  :nono:  I'm so looking forward to next week!!!  :patriot:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2020, 06:40:15 pm »
Here is something I have been searching for quite a while.  Finally found it.  This comes from Zell Miller.  It is an account of  an encounter with Joe Biden upon his arrival in the Senate.  It speaks volumes about the character of Joe Biden:

"Not long after I arrived in the Senate, I was sitting at my beautiful old mahogany desk in the Senate chamber, a desk by the way that has the names Russell, Talmadge, and Nunn carved in it. I was sitting there, probably frowning, when Senator Joe Biden of Delaware spotted me. He's been in the Senate thirty years, and he came over and sat down and said, "I've watched a lot of you former governors come up here and invariably you go through three phases (like a person grieving over a death, I suppose)."

"The first phase is disbelief. You just can't believe how legislation and decisions are made." He was right. I arrived in the Senate in the middle of the appropriations process and I could not believe the feeding frenzy.

"The next phase," he said, "is anger. You stay mad most of the time, and you want to change the system and make it more orderly."

And then, finally, he said the third phase is "acceptance." I have not reached that step. Not even close. I am still angry because of the petty partisanship on both sides of the aisle. Angry that one single senator representing less than one fifth of 1 percent of the American people can stop any president of the United States--even during wartime--from making a crucial appointment to his own team.

https://marathonpundit.blogspot.com/2008/08/flashback-zell-miller-on-joe-biden-and.html

For almost half a century, Joe Biden has been part of the problem.  This is the man who famously stated that the best part about being Vice President is that you don't have to do anything.  Politics is exclusively for his own personal service (and laziness) with zero concept of hard work and personal service.

Zell Miller!  The last HONEST Democrat!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HuskyPatriot

« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2020, 07:24:46 pm »
I was just fussing around the internet and discovered Joe Biden's full name.  I knew not!!! Good grief!  That in itself is soooo unappealing..  **nononono*

Joseph Robinette Biden Jr 

vs. Donald John Trump.....

Just sayin'....  :patriot:

Offline HuskyPatriot

« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2020, 07:26:03 pm »
Cut him some slack bro....

Takes time to put those Sesame Street flash cards together.

:rolling:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #134 on: August 19, 2020, 07:57:09 pm »
It's really difficult to award "The Most Egregious Liar" scepter .... especially with tonight's lineup still to come.

But these two left me speechless....

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2020, 07:59:05 pm »
It's really difficult to award "The Most Egregious Liar" scepter .... especially with tonight's lineup still to come.

But these two left me speechless....

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

If I had wanted to watch that garbage I would have tuned in!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2020, 08:02:11 pm »
Isn't that the truth....

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2020, 08:16:15 pm »
Dumpster Fire: On Night 2 of the DNC Joe Biden Hugs His Wife – Then Introduces Himself as “Joe Biden’s Husband” (Video)
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/dumpster-fire-night-2-dnc-joe-biden-hugs-wife-introduces-joe-bidens-husband-video/

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2020, 08:18:49 pm »

Thanks for letting me know @Bigun   --- Tough to argue with.

I shall cease and desist   :beer:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2020, 08:24:23 pm »

I'm glad we have Members willing to take a bullet for the rest of us, to report on the entertainment.  Thank you kindly.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline berdie

« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2020, 08:26:22 pm »

I have thought about Zell Miller and am glad you mentioned him. He had me on my feet cheering. Would I have voted for him given the chance...probably not. But it does make me wonder what has happened to the Democrat Party.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2020, 08:28:13 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

Please don't "cease and desist".  It can also be unbearable for me at times but thanks for posting.

Some years ago I was in Washington for a conference - it was April, 2006 (I looked on a plaque I have on my office shelf).  Anyway, I stepped out and there was Mrs. Lando chatting it up with Colin Powell like they were BFF's.  He was very charming, gotta say.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 09:35:23 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2020, 08:45:51 pm »

Don't quit on account of crotchety ole me @Right_in_Virginia.  There may be others here who are interested.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2020, 09:07:26 pm »
Andy Cohen to host Democratic convention after party featuring celebrity performances

Celebrity appearances will include Alyssa Milano, Aubrey Plaza, Jaime Camil, Jason George, Elena Delle Donne, Keith Powell, Liza Koshy, Neil Casey, Michelle Kwan and Zooey Deschanel.

Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez, Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.) and Biden campaign adviser Symone Sanders are also expected to make an appearance, according to the convention’s announcement.

The afterparty will be live-streamed across the Democratic National Committee and Biden campaign’s social media platforms.

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/512791-andy-cohen-to-host-democratic-convention-after-party-featuring
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2020, 09:16:31 pm »
Celebrity appearances will include Alyssa Milano, Aubrey Plaza, Jaime Camil, Jason George, Elena Delle Donne, Keith Powell, Liza Koshy, Neil Casey, Michelle Kwan and Zooey Deschanel.

I must be weird...I don't recognize any of those, though that first one was famous for something recently not having to do with acting.   Threatening a "sex strike" or something.  I figured she was just demanding higher wages as a hooker.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2020, 09:37:59 pm »
I must be weird...I don't recognize any of those, though that first one was famous for something recently not having to do with acting.   Threatening a "sex strike" or something.  I figured she was just demanding higher wages as a hooker.   :shrug:

Nope. Same here.  Other than Milano, don't have a clue who the rest of them are, nor do I really give a flying flip who they are.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2020, 10:24:13 pm »
Obama to ream Trump, laud Biden in convention speech

Former President Obama will offer a scathing rebuke of President Trump’s time in office during his speech at the Democratic National Convention on Wednesday night, echoing a sentiment many other Democrats have voiced at their convention this week.

Obama, who has retained high popularity since leaving office in January 2017, is slated to say in prepared remarks that while he never believed Trump, a Republican, would advocate for his policies, he had hoped “for the sake of our country, that Donald Trump might show some interest in taking the job seriously."

This didn’t happen, though, Obama will say.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/512813-obama-to-ream-trump-laud-biden-in-dnc-speech
Support the USO

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2020, 10:27:48 pm »
Obama to ream Trump, laud Biden in convention speech

Former President Obama will offer a scathing rebuke of President Trump’s time in office during his speech at the Democratic National Convention on Wednesday night, echoing a sentiment many other Democrats have voiced at their convention this week.

Obama, who has retained high popularity since leaving office in January 2017, is slated to say in prepared remarks that while he never believed Trump, a Republican, would advocate for his policies, he had hoped “for the sake of our country, that Donald Trump might show some interest in taking the job seriously."

This didn’t happen, though, Obama will say.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/512813-obama-to-ream-trump-laud-biden-in-dnc-speech

From what I've heard, wouldn't be the first time Obama has done some reaming.    :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2020, 10:31:44 pm »
First two nights of Democratic convention down 48% in broadcast viewership from 2016
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/first-two-nights-of-democratic-convention-down-48-in-broadcast-viewership-from-2016
Support the USO

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #149 on: August 19, 2020, 10:39:20 pm »
From what I've heard, wouldn't be the first time Obama has done some reaming.    :silly:

I don't know.   He always struck me as more of the "catcher" type.    888mouth
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.