Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: 2020 Democratic National Convention  (Read 7483 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: LIVE THREAD: 2020 Democratic National Convention
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2020, 07:27:16 pm »
Peter Sellers lives on in Beta O'Rourke.  :silly:

You mean Robert Francis O"Rourke.  He is no more Hispanic than I am.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2020, 07:35:47 pm »
Peter Sellers lives on in Beta O'Rourke.  :silly:

You could call Peter Sellers a comic genius or a genius comic.  Beto's just a stupid dumbass.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2020, 11:23:17 pm »
Cindy McCain, widow of John, details her husband’s friendship with Joe Biden for DNC
https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation-world/ct-cindy-mccain-joe-biden-20200818-enbntqlewzgsboiwhxk3rymgdq-story.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2020, 11:47:54 pm »
Lisa Boothe
@LisaMarieBoothe
·
14m
The #DNCConvention is an absolute parody. Cuomo on COVID. Bill Clinton on chaos in the Oval Office. Elizabeth Warren on Native American issues. Are we being punked?
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2020, 11:49:42 pm »
Ryan Fournier
@RyanAFournier
·
48m
Is anyone in the press going to ask Bill Clinton why he was getting a massage from one of Epstein’s victims?
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2020, 11:51:50 pm »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2020, 11:57:53 pm »
Trump War Room - Text TRUMP to 88022
@TrumpWarRoom
·
7m
Colin Powell hasn't supported a Republican for president in at least 16 years. #DemConvention
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2020, 12:00:25 am »
Kyle Griffin
@kylegriffin1
 Â· 39m
Breaking on @MSNBC: Colin Powell will be a featured speaker at the Democratic National Convention tonight.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2020, 12:06:39 am »
Matthew Yglesias
@mattyglesias
·
7m
Is Colin Powell even a Republican anymore?

When he endorsed Obama in 2008 that was a big deal but it was also twelve years ago.
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2020, 12:16:18 am »
There's something particularly repulsive about a former career military man supporting the fully communist and America-hating Democrat party
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2020, 01:14:54 am »
Team Trump (Text TRUMP to 88022)
@TeamTrump
·
42s
Very nice of Stacey Abrams to stop being governor of Georgia for a few minutes to speak at the #DemConvention

Oh, wait...
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2020, 01:18:58 am »
Donald Trump Jr.
@DonaldJTrumpJr
·
5m
This is not your grandparents Democrat Party anymore folks.

Trump War Room - Text TRUMP to 88022
@TrumpWarRoom
 Â· 2h
Anti-Semite Linda Sarsour, who supports the Israel-hating BDS movement which boycotts Jewish-owned businesses, says the Democrat Party “is absolutely our party.”

Her extreme bigotry is welcomed by Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.
Support the USO

Online Hoodat

« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2020, 01:27:29 am »
Kyle Griffin
@kylegriffin1
 Â· 39m
Breaking on @MSNBC: Colin Powell will be a featured speaker at the Democratic National Convention tonight.

Even after Clinton denied him his fifth star.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2020, 01:36:23 am »
Steve Guest
@SteveGuest
·
23m
REMINDER: Joe Biden: “The first thing I would do” is raise taxes.

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are campaigning on a $4 TRILLION tax hike, the largest ever.

Biden's tax agenda would hurt 82% of all Americans.
Support the USO

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2020, 01:56:48 am »
Steve Guest
@SteveGuest
·
23m
REMINDER: Joe Biden: “The first thing I would do” is raise taxes.

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are campaigning on a $4 TRILLION tax hike, the largest ever.

Biden's tax agenda would hurt 82% of all Americans.

I see a Reagan/Mondale redux come November.

It had better be, otherwise those 600 or 6000 (it wasn't clear) DNC hired lawyers will tie him up.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2020, 02:08:24 am »
Matthew Yglesias
@mattyglesias
·
7m
Is Colin Powell even a Republican anymore?

When he endorsed Obama in 2008 that was a big deal but it was also twelve years ago.

Colin Powell is his stage name.

His real name is Colon Towel. Friends and enemas refer to him as Ass Wipe.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2020, 02:17:15 am »
Colin Powell, the affirmative action general.  And all around POS!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2020, 02:20:05 am »
Colin Powell, the affirmative action general.  And all around POS!

Geez... I recall when he was one of the good guys in the "inner circle".

His change of heart must have to do with foreign contracts and trade agreements which affects him or people that put their $$$ trust in him.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2020, 02:24:10 am »
Colin Powell is his stage name.

His real name is Colon Towel. Friends and enemas refer to him as Ass Wipe.

:rolling: :rolling:  :rolling:  :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2020, 02:54:38 am »
The 'Free Barrabus!' faction has spoken.
@Hoodat

I repeat: Kasich has determined Trump should not be reelected, so he is making that public.

You said, "The 'Free Barrabus!' faction has spoken."

Your comment makes no sense.  "Matthew refers to Barabbas only as a 'notorious prisoner'.  Mark and Luke further refer to Barabbas as one involved in a ...riot, probably one of the numerous insurrections against the Roman power who had committed murder." 

Perhaps you mean Trump is another Barabbas and for that reason, Kasich does not want him reelected.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2020, 03:10:49 am »
@Hoodat

I repeat: Kasich has determined Trump should not be reelected, so he is making that public.

You said, "The 'Free Barrabus!' faction has spoken."

Your comment makes no sense.  "Matthew refers to Barabbas only as a 'notorious prisoner'.  Mark and Luke further refer to Barabbas as one involved in a ...riot, probably one of the numerous insurrections against the Roman power who had committed murder." 

Perhaps you mean Trump is another Barabbas and for that reason, Kasich does not want him reelected.

@Victoria33

No, that is not at all what I mean.  I assume you've read the story.  The mob not only condemned Jesus, they also propped up someone 'notorious'.  They could have done one or the other, but they chose to do both.  The same goes with Kasich.  He could have simply voiced his disagreements with Trump and gone his separate way.  But by advocating for Biden, he is no different from the mob advocating for Barabbas.

One cannot claim any moral high ground for refusing to back Trump when one also chooses to openly support someone far worse.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 03:11:35 am by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2020, 11:41:32 am »
Was anyone watching to see whether Joe actually introduced himself with, "I'm Joe Biden's husband"? Some believe he said "Jill," but the majority of comments I've read indicate he did say "Joe."  *hmmmm*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2020, 01:34:02 pm »
 AOC Uses Convention Time To Endorse Sanders In A Buzzword-Heavy, But Substance-Free Speech
August 18, 2020 By Paulina Enck

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) was one of two speakers called to endorse Sen. Bernie Sanders at the Democratic National Convention Tuesday night, where she was given just one minute to speak. In a convention almost entirely focused on the importance of supporting former Vice President Joe Biden in November, a Sanders endorsement was a sharp change of pace.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/18/aoc-endorses-sanders-in-a-buzzword-heavy-substance-free-dnc-speech/

AOC nominates Bernie Sanders, snubs Joe Biden in DNC address
https://nypost.com/2020/08/18/aoc-nominates-bernie-sanders-and-snubs-joe-biden-in-dnc-address/
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 01:42:30 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2020, 01:36:23 pm »

Linda Sarsour, Who Raised Funds For Terrorist, Featured As DNC 2020 Speaker
August 18, 2020 By Jordan Davidson

Former Women’s March leader and Bernie Sanders campaign surrogate Linda Sarsour officially spoke in the Muslim Delegates and Allies Assembly meeting at the Democratic National Convention on Monday. Sarsour was ousted from her Women’s March position over public antisemitic comments.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/18/linda-sarsour-who-raised-funds-for-terrorist-featured-as-dnc-2020-speaker/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2020, 01:46:09 pm »
Biden Condemns Former Women’s March Co-Chair Linda Sarsour After She Appears At DNC
https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/18/joe-biden-condemns-former-womens-march-co-chair-linda-sarsour-dnc/
Support the USO