Author Topic: Magic forward Jonathan Isaac explains why he didn't kneel or wear Black Lives Matter shirt during an  (Read 653 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Magic forward Jonathan Isaac explains why he didn't kneel or wear Black Lives Matter shirt during anthem

Chris Cwik
July 31, 2020, 3:19 PM

Orlando Magic forward Jonathan Isaac chose not to join his teammates in protest Friday. While the rest of the Magic got down on one knee during the national anthem, Isaac chose to stand.

Isaac, 22, was the only player to do so. Isaac was also the lone player on the court who didn’t wear a Black Lives Matter shirt. Instead, he wore his Magic jersey and warmup pants during the anthem.

Top Ball Coverage
@TopBallCoverage
Jonathan Isaac is the first player during the restart to stand for the National Anthem.

All the remaining coaches, players, and members of both teams took a knee.

With the move, Isaac becomes the first NBA player to stand during the national anthem since the restart. During Thursday’s game, every coach and player on the Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Lakers, New Orleans Pelicans and Utah Jazz took a knee in protest of racial injustice and police brutality in the United States. Following Thursday’s game, LeBron James said he hopes NBA players made former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick proud.
Why did Jonathan Isaac stand during the national anthem?

Isaac spoke about his decision after the game, saying he believes Black Lives Matter, but that kneeling and wearing a Black Lives Matter shirt doesn’t “go hand in hand” with supporting Black lives.

Isaac began his answer by stating:

“Absolutely. I believe that Black Lives Matter. A lot went into my decision. And part of it is, first off, is my thought that kneeling or wearing a Black Lives Matter t-shirt don’t go hand in hand with supporting Black lives. So I felt like, just me personally, what it is that I believe is standing on the stance that: I do believe that Black Lives Matter, but I just felt like it was a decision that I had to make and I didn’t feel like putting that shirt on and kneeling went hand in hand in supporting Black lives, or that it made me support Black lives or not.”

more
https://sports.yahoo.com/magic-forward-jonathan-isaac-only-player-to-stand-not-wear-black-lives-matter-shirt-during-national-anthem-201946916.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Gonna have to make an example out of him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
He doesn't owe anyone an explanation. 

He honored his principles and that's all that should matter to anyone.

Spit on BLM.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.