Author Topic: What we lost in 4 months  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Practical

Re: What we lost in 4 months
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2020, 07:51:04 pm »
And we will be discussing this and more tonight Live! 7:30pm Central for anyone who would like to join us! Phone lines are open so if you have something to say, I am happy to listen! Link to the live-stream below. Promise you it will not be boring =)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
If you think I suck now, you should listen to my podcast! ThePodocasts.com

Offline DB

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2020, 08:23:41 pm »
The daily reports on new cases get to me.  I was reading earlier today about the number of false negatives in the testing, but I am convinced that there are more false positives than false negatives.  And that is in addition to states like mine which include unconfirmed cases with the confirmed  I believe there is a deliberate effort to inflate the numbers to scare us all into submission.

Actually a lot of new cases is a good thing as long as people aren't dying from it in large numbers. The actual death rates due to the infection is all that really matters and those numbers are being heavily fudged.

The bottom line is the sooner people get it and recover from it the sooner it will be over.

Offline DB

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2020, 08:29:05 pm »
When I visit my mom, I can’t hug her goodbye. I can’t even touch her hand.

I haven’t touched another human being since this thing started. For people who live alone, this is hard. Yes, I can talk to family members via Zoom or FaceTime but, people need human contact.

You can touch people. When you do touch someone, just don't touch your face until you've washed your hands or used a sanitizer.

Also, if you wash your hands (or sanitize them some other way) and don't touch other things before touching someone else there is little risk of you infecting them.

Live!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2020, 08:42:17 pm »
Live!

That's not allowed.  No humor, either. 8black day
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Absalom

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2020, 09:14:45 pm »
[quote author=Practical
What exactly have we lost in the last 4 months? We lost the right to peacefully assemble, but not the right to violently assemble. Church? Gone. School? Gone. Essential? Non-essential? Out to eat? To the movies? What else?
[/quote]
------------------------------------
Nothing of value is lost w/finality if it remains in one's consciousness.
The Right to assemble, Church, School and so on are institutions and as such, replaceable.
The larger matter is the loss of the values and virtues that birthed our nation; which
has been increasingly apparent in the appalling quality of our self-labeled leaders.
Gibbon noted that Rome survived and thrived for some 12 centuries until the break down
occurred around 300 AD w/the elevation of a succession of dangerous embarrassments
as Emperors.
Many post that finding the right person will solve the problem. An emphatic demurral!!!
The essence of the problem is politics itself, the calling of those whose only interest is
the self and their fellow travelers.

Offline DB

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2020, 09:34:09 pm »
[quote author=Practical
What exactly have we lost in the last 4 months? We lost the right to peacefully assemble, but not the right to violently assemble. Church? Gone. School? Gone. Essential? Non-essential? Out to eat? To the movies? What else?

------------------------------------
Nothing of value is lost w/finality if it remains in one's consciousness.
The Right to assemble, Church, School and so on are institutions and as such, replaceable.
The larger matter is the loss of the values and virtues that birthed our nation; which
has been increasingly apparent in the appalling quality of our self-labeled leaders.
Gibbon noted that Rome survived and thrived for some 12 centuries until the break down
occurred around 300 AD w/the elevation of a succession of dangerous embarrassments
as Emperors.
Many post that finding the right person will solve the problem. An emphatic demurral!!!
The essence of the problem is politics itself, the calling of those whose only interest is
the self and their fellow travelers.

Lost time is permanent. Hopefully that loss will result in some learning.

Offline Practical

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2020, 09:52:34 pm »
Maybe I should have named the video 'stolen'? Dunno...was a weird day.
If you think I suck now, you should listen to my podcast! ThePodocasts.com

Offline dancer

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2020, 12:03:02 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

I think we have gained in a sense.  While most political junkies know all this, the general public does not.  They're learning about government up close and personal.  They're not liking what they're seeing about government overreach.  Once this is over, they will hopefully be better voters and watchdogs.  In the long run, that would be a plus.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2020, 01:14:47 pm »
I think we have gained in a sense.  While most political junkies know all this, the general public does not.  They're learning about government up close and personal.  They're not liking what they're seeing about government overreach.  Once this is over, they will hopefully be better voters and watchdogs.  In the long run, that would be a plus.

What I learned about government and medical bureaucracy during the four months of lockdown: My chapeaux is not made of tinfoil; there really is a government conspiracy to tank the economy in order to shape the 2020 election to democrats advantage.

:tinfoil:

:yowsa:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2020, 06:28:10 pm »
You can touch people. When you do touch someone, just don't touch your face until you've washed your hands or used a sanitizer.

Also, if you wash your hands (or sanitize them some other way) and don't touch other things before touching someone else there is little risk of you infecting them.

Live!

Mom is high risk. She’s really afraid. And I got bad news from my doctor which now puts me at medium risk. I’m scared too, I got/am shook.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2020, 09:07:40 pm »
The daily reports on new cases get to me.  I was reading earlier today about the number of false negatives in the testing, but I am convinced that there are more false positives than false negatives.  And that is in addition to states like mine which include unconfirmed cases with the confirmed  I believe there is a deliberate effort to inflate the numbers to scare us all into submission.
That's the elephant in the room.

I'm seeing cases in my area where someone with no symptoms, no contact with known cases, who lives in a community where there have been no active cases for weeks, all of a sudden show up with a positive test because it was a routine requirement, such as for a surgery. Is that person really infected, or was it a false positive? You don't know—if you have a false negative, and symptoms show up, you can re-test and it will show up positive.

But if you have a false positive, you're just assumed to be an asymptomatic carrier. Never mind that 80% of COVID-positive patients spread the virus to nobody. That alone should be a warning sign—this many asymptomatic positives combined with such a disparity in transmission is a sign that a lot of false positives are showing up.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2020, 09:11:05 pm »
I stopped reading the data.  About the only thing I might be exposed to is some frowny-faced news reader with the latest number of new positive cases locally and how many local deaths.  Even that I'm managing to avoid by waiting till about 15 minutes past the hour or 15 minutes to the hour and tuning in  to the local weather report only.  Basically, I'm bypassing the news because the endless coronavirus reports were making me nuts.
I've had to stop a lot of my news reading because the constant drumbeat of negativity was causing a lot of distress.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024