Author Topic: Senate passes defense spending bill with provision for renaming bases despite Trump veto threat  (Read 414 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate passes defense spending bill with provision for renaming bases despite Trump veto threat
by Haley Victory Smith, Breaking News Reporter
 | July 23, 2020 03:39 PM

The Senate passed the National Defense Authorization Act, which includes a provision for renaming military bases, despite President Trump's threat to veto the legislation.

The Senate voted 86-14 in favor of the bill on Thursday. Trump previously voiced his opposition to the legislation and has threatened to veto it based on the provision that would require the renaming of military bases that were named after members of the Confederacy. With the 86 votes, those in favor of the bill have more than a two-thirds majority, meaning the Senate would be able to override a veto from the president.

The Washington Examiner reached out to the White House for comment on the vote, which declined to address it specifically.

Only four Republicans voted against the bill, including Sens. Mike Braun, John Kennedy, Rand Paul, and Mike Lee.

The NDAA is the annual bill that approves the budget for the Department of Defense. Votes to pass it are typically bipartisan.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senate-passes-defense-spending-bill-with-provision-for-renaming-bases-despite-trump-veto-threat
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Our stalwart republican party is determined to remove any incentive for returning them to the majority. 

Effing poltroons.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Our stalwart republican party is determined to remove any incentive for returning them to the majority. 

Effing poltroons.

They've allowed this country to be run into the ground.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

There are a lot of relatives of those people who will be genuinely pissed off, as well as a lot of people who suffered greatly following the Confederate defeat at the hands of the Yankees.

This will not sit well in Dixieland.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LegalAmerican

Senate passes defense spending bill with provision for renaming bases despite Trump veto threat
by Haley Victory Smith, Breaking News Reporter
 | July 23, 2020 03:39 PM

The Senate passed the National Defense Authorization Act, which includes a provision for renaming military bases, despite President Trump's threat to veto the legislation.

The Senate voted 86-14 in favor of the bill on Thursday. Trump previously voiced his opposition to the legislation and has threatened to veto it based on the provision that would require the renaming of military bases that were named after members of the Confederacy. With the 86 votes, those in favor of the bill have more than a two-thirds majority, meaning the Senate would be able to override a veto from the president.

The Washington Examiner reached out to the White House for comment on the vote, which declined to address it specifically.

Only four Republicans voted against the bill, including Sens. Mike Braun, John Kennedy, Rand Paul, and Mike Lee.

The NDAA is the annual bill that approves the budget for the Department of Defense. Votes to pass it are typically bipartisan.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senate-passes-defense-spending-bill-with-provision-for-renaming-bases-despite-trump-veto-threat

ALL IDIOTS.  WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AMD MONEY,  RE-NAMING PLACES.  CANCELING OUR CULTURE.  There is no need for White House to respond.  It will be twisted and lied about anyway.  DOES NOT MATTER.  I don't understand, how we became so ANTI-AMERICAN in our country.  Hart /Celler act 1965 put in by all demon-rats.

The Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1965, also known as the Hart-Celler Act, abolished an earlier quota system based on national origin and established a new immigration policy based on reuniting immigrant families and attracting skilled labor to the United States. Over the next four decades, the policies put into effect in 1965 would greatly change the demographic makeup of the American population, as immigrants entering the United States under the new legislation came increasingly from countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America, as opposed to Europe.

Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1965

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Effing poltroons.

This perfectly illustrates my entire life politically.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

All told, in the three decades following passage of the Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1965, more than 18 million legal immigrants entered the United States, more than three times the number admitted over the preceding 30 years. By the end of the 20th century, the policies put into effect by the Immigration Act of 1965 had greatly changed the face of the American population.

The civil rights movement’s focus on equal treatment regardless of race or nationality led many to view the quota system as backward and discriminatory.

In particular, Greeks, Poles, Portuguese and Italians–of whom increasing numbers were seeking to enter the U.S.–claimed that the quota system discriminated against them in favor of Northern Europeans.
President John F. Kennedy even took up the immigration reform cause, giving a speech in June 1963 calling the quota system “intolerable.”
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 01:34:00 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Ridiculous.  Unbelievable.  People think there is anything left to vote for?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.